New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New AFL Video Game - Part 4

In terms of player creation, I realise this is only a small feature but I wonder if it has the capability to just randomise faces? When I have used this feature in games like NBA 2K10, it sometimes has surprisingly good results and I think it would be a good addition for those who aren't too particular with the details.

Anyway, I wonder if 'Big Ant' is going to limit the attributes for 'created players.'
I really hope not, I want to make one very powerful team that can easily account for Geelong and St.Kilda.

i think it would be better if each create a player was given a maximum of say 65/100 talent points to attribute across various skills and then as you progress in the game depending on performance you gain more points to 'develop' your player

this restricts n00bs from creating teams full of players ranked 100 which is pretty ridiculous and pointless and adds depth to the create a player mode

Hmm, I can tell you are an 'troll' by that response. So not going to bother replying back to you again.

Anyway, I wonder if 'Big Ant' is going to limit the attributes for 'created players.'
I really hope not, I want to make one very powerful team that can easily account for Geelong and St.Kilda.

I feel as if the maximum overall a created player can have (to begin with) should be 65-70. However, some ways to improve the attributes would be to use him on the assigned team of choice and the better he gets at certain aspects (marking, long kicking) the numbers begin to rise. A challenge is better in my opinion.

I disagree that the attributes should be capped. If we are trying to simulate the draft in multi-season mode then all the draftees would be at that capped amount, which is highly unrealistic.

Uncapped plz.

i think it would be better if each create a player was given a maximum of say 65/100 talent points to attribute across various skills and then as you progress in the game depending on performance you gain more points to 'develop' your player

this restricts n00bs from creating teams full of players ranked 100 which is pretty ridiculous and pointless and adds depth to the create a player mode
Best way IMO is what one of the WWE games did a year back. Start off with basic stats, you get so many points to spend at the start, work your way up. Then you can later unlock the ability to distribute points as you please to multiple players once you've completed a season on hard or whatever.

Best way IMO is what one of the WWE games did a year back. Start off with basic stats, you get so many points to spend at the start, work your way up. Then you can later unlock the ability to distribute points as you please to multiple players once you've completed a season on hard or whatever.

Yeah I think thats the best idea of doing it. It defeats the purpose to create 22 players rated 100 and using them on a single team, wheres the challenge or fun in that? Maybe others like that concept but I personally wouldnt rate all the players 100/100 if thats how its going to be.

I disagree that the attributes should be capped. If we are trying to simulate the draft in multi-season mode then all the draftees would be at that capped amount, which is highly unrealistic.

Uncapped plz.

they wouldnt have to be - you could create some draftees at 65 - then some at 60 then some at 55 and so on

thats more realistic than having first year players coming into the league at 100/the best player in the league

they wouldnt have to be - you could create some draftees at 65 - then some at 60 then some at 55 and so on

thats more realistic than having first year players coming into the league at 100/the best player in the league

But why would anyone do that? It ruins the game. At least for the people who do want to do that, they should be given the option.

I disagree that it's more realistic, I hate capped attributes. Besides, draftees are generally always in different stages of development, the likes of Rich and Martin would be in their mid 70's whereas someone like McMillan-Pittard resembles a toothpick and would be in the 40's.

Yeah I think thats the best idea of doing it. It defeats the purpose to create 22 players rated 100 and using them on a single team, wheres the challenge or fun in that? Maybe others like that concept but I personally wouldnt rate all the players 100/100 if thats how its going to be.

If you don't want to put them on 100....don't....:rolleyes:

To keep this thread focused on the game and features itself rather than realease date, ill put up a handful of questions which I don't or I think most people would not expect that these features were in the game considering its a first up game for you guys, and you may not be able to answer them but here goes.

Presentation
Will this game be a TV style presentation, example - At the start of the match they show the team line ups and commentator would say Sydney need to watch out for Jack Riewoltd, he kicked 7 goals last game etc

We know Commetti is one commentator, just how many are there, 2 callers and a boundary rider ?

Umpires/Free kicks

How many on field umpires?
Will the free kicks be realistic, so you would have some idea you have actually infringed, rather then a luck of the draw like the previous game?

Injuries
Will you be able to tell as it happens that a player is injured, or is it a case of example 2 players go up in a marking contest , your player gets crunched/knocked down , and then after the play the game stops and notify you that you have a major injury and need to replace the player or you have a minor injury and your player should be rested?

Blood Rule?

Custom Team
Will you have a range of kit to choose from, home/away/clash strips, but also a range of styles and colors,team logos, theme song , and choice of home venue

Gameplan/Tactics

Will each side have their own specific style of play, and if so can you change that? So if you were Essendon but wanted a contested/more defensive style of game rather than the attacking free flowing they play you could change it?

Is there individual player tactics, Tagging/ creating a loose man in defence , A forward who will push up to the backline to create space in the forward line?

In Game Rankings
Like the previous game (which was flawed) during the game will there be a ranking system, so that you can see who has been the most effective player on the ground and the least?

Reserves stats during a season
Will there be any kind of stats or some kind of indicator during a season to let you know how your reserve players, who were not in your 22 , how they performed, so on a week to week basis you can drop and promote guy's based on form?

Good Q's!

Presentation
We will do as close to a TV start as we can. It is Commetti plus one special comments.

Umpires/Free kicks
Three field umpires.
Free kicks are realistic, there is no randomness, you will know what you did, and you will deserve it! :)

Injuries
Generally you will be able to tell as it happens that a player is injured. There will be cases where player will run/limp to the bench and you will be told in the hud that it has happened - the game will not stop.

There is no Blood Rule as there is no blood in the game.

Custom Team
There will be a range of kit to choose from, home/away/clash strips with a set range of styles and colors,team logos and choice of home venue. There is also an opportunity to customise the logo via importing a file of your making. The importing of a theme song is being investigated, this is not a technical issue but one of copyright.

Gameplan/Tactics
Sides will have their own specific style of play. You can change that on the fly and emulate the "Sydney style" or "Essendon style"

Individual player tactics fall out of the style of play chosen plus an ability to dictate that a player tag or play a set position.

In Game Rankings
There are no in game rankings as such, but like when you're at the "G" looking at the scoreboard, you will have various stat's available, with extra's such as "clangers"

Unfortunately you will not know how your reserve players, who were not in your 22 performed - you could simulate that by editing the stats's to reflect the "real world" if you wished. Otherwise in the next version we could just give random stat's but I don't much like that idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, it should give the user maximum freedom. If you want realism, simply don't exploit the system, simple as that.

Good Q's!

Custom Team
There will be a range of kit to choose from, home/away/clash strips with a set range of styles and colors,team logos and choice of home venue. There is also an opportunity to customise the logo via importing a file of your making. The importing of a theme song is being investigated, this is not a technical issue but one of copyright.

Gameplan/Tactics
Sides will have their own specific style of play. You can change that on the fly and emulate the "Sydney style" or "Essendon style"

Individual player tactics fall out of the style of play chosen plus an ability to dictate that a player tag or play a set position.

These two are awesome, very excited!

Good luck trying to identify what the hell the West Coast style is :rolleyes::p

It involves giving the ball to Adam Selwood or Matt Priddis, so they can kick an up-and-under inside the 50, over our forward's heads.

It's gpt more to do with poor disposal efficiency and the such

Ebert will rack up 30 possies, but only 5 will be effective

You will miss targets, kick it OOF. Very realistic i heard :p

Good Q's!

Presentation
We will do as close to a TV start as we can. It is Commetti plus one special comments.

Umpires/Free kicks
Three field umpires.
Free kicks are realistic, there is no randomness, you will know what you did, and you will deserve it! :)

Injuries
Generally you will be able to tell as it happens that a player is injured. There will be cases where player will run/limp to the bench and you will be told in the hud that it has happened - the game will not stop.

There is no Blood Rule as there is no blood in the game.

Custom Team

Gameplan/Tactics

In Game Rankings
There are no in game rankings as such, but like when you're at the "G" looking at the scoreboard, you will have various stat's available, with extra's such as "clangers"

Unfortunately you will not know how your reserve players, who were not in your 22 performed - you could simulate that by editing the stats's to reflect the "real world" if you wished. Otherwise in the next version we could just give random stat's but I don't much like that idea.

Thanks for answering those, the game sounds very impressive !!

Online playlists is there a ranked style play list where you can't bring custom/edited teams up against default teams?

If we do have a ranked playlist would you get more rewards for playing a weaker team online?

Online playlists is there a ranked style play list where you can't bring custom/edited teams up against default teams?

If we do have a ranked playlist would you get more rewards for playing a weaker team online?

We are debating the lists at the moment, there may be an issue where if we split it too much then you might not find enough games to play online. Though, if the DLC works out like we're planning then it will be definitely split to custom/default (as the defaults will be "real").

You will get a higher ranking for playing as a weaker team than you would for the same outcome playing as a better team.

PS: Thanks for locking the trophy thread.

We are debating the lists at the moment, there may be an issue where if we split it too much then you might not find enough games to play online. Though, if the DLC works out like we're planning then it will be definitely split to custom/default (as the defaults will be "real").

You will get a higher ranking for playing as a weaker team than you would for the same outcome playing as a better team.

PS: Thanks for locking the trophy thread.

Yeah I think you just need a split between custom and default. Otherwise you will find everyone will just edit their team to be 22 Gary Ablett's etc. I would suggest only the default be the ranked, but that's just my opinion. :D

Please seperate Custom and Default, having to play against people with perfect teams would be game breaking.

Please seperate Custom and Default, having to play against people with perfect teams would be game breaking.

Agreed. We just need to cater for those who are merely updating the stat's to reflect the real world rather than having the 22 Abletts as Ant_ suggested above (I personally would not see why you would do that, but then I don't get the idea of cheat codes either :) )

To keep up to date with th real world you could just make it so that you have to download up-to-date team lists to play online like FIFA does.

Yep, would become bland and boring.

If the decision is made that you can't split it up then I'd much rather just have default line ups and no customisation online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back