New AFL Video Game - Part 4 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well...he owes us a Brisbane Lion pic, and a pack mark pic. So why doesn't he show us Jonathan Brown taking a contested mark with TJ in the background?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Q's!

Presentation
We will do as close to a TV start as we can. It is Commetti plus one special comments.

Umpires/Free kicks
Three field umpires.
Free kicks are realistic, there is no randomness, you will know what you did, and you will deserve it! :)

Injuries
Generally you will be able to tell as it happens that a player is injured. There will be cases where player will run/limp to the bench and you will be told in the hud that it has happened - the game will not stop.

There is no Blood Rule as there is no blood in the game.

Custom Team
There will be a range of kit to choose from, home/away/clash strips with a set range of styles and colors,team logos and choice of home venue. There is also an opportunity to customise the logo via importing a file of your making. The importing of a theme song is being investigated, this is not a technical issue but one of copyright.

Gameplan/Tactics
Sides will have their own specific style of play. You can change that on the fly and emulate the "Sydney style" or "Essendon style"

Individual player tactics fall out of the style of play chosen plus an ability to dictate that a player tag or play a set position.

In Game Rankings
There are no in game rankings as such, but like when you're at the "G" looking at the scoreboard, you will have various stat's available, with extra's such as "clangers"

Reserves stats during a season
Unfortunately you will not know how your reserve players, who were not in your 22 performed - you could simulate that by editing the stats's to reflect the "real world" if you wished. Otherwise in the next version we could just give random stat's but I don't much like that idea.
What about importing custom made jumpers? Any chance in this game?

Interesting idea. It'd probably fall under the "I doubt many people could be bothered doing that so we won't include it" catagory, even though it'd be very easy to implement.

haha. It's just one of those things I like to do for variety. When you play every game, I find it interesting to see who get's what. Would be especially interesting when it came to Coleman medals and brownlows etc. Fun to see how everything turns out, even the ladder's interesting aswell. Of coarse, it's a time-consuming process but... it's fun :)

All they have to do is allow you to play every game in season mode. Of coarse you couldn't do career mode with all the teams because it'd be hectic training players etc at the end, but a constant season thing with the same players listed (even if only for a year) would be awesome imo.

I'd like the Brownlow and Coleman medals to be realistic. In my current season on 07, Mark Blake won the Brownlow and Adam Campbell won the Coleman

Well I would of thought so, it's only and extra 16 ppl that they have to model. Would be good to see if they had camara angles of them in the box, when their is a goal kicked or a free kick given away

Who would be the sixteen coaches? :)
(They're not in the AFLPA so we don't have rights to them in any case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back