Feedback New features and New Issues in Forum version 2.1

Remove this Banner Ad

In this thread we'll cover new features and new issues in version 2.1 of the forum software.

New things in forum software version 2.1:

Content Bookmarks - Bookmark a post or thread - include a note and tags to help you sort your bookmarks.

21bookmark-gif.186231

Post Sharing - Share a post on social media, with an easy two-click feature.

21share-gif.186236

URL unfurling - Just a preview of URLs you link to.

localhost_21x_index-php_threads_new-unfurl-testing-11_-3-png.185717

Emoji changes:
A new picker that includes "recently used" emojis at the top.
Back end emoji management for Admin to play with.
:carlton::thumbsu:

Video uploads! Upload your videos from your phone.

Reactions: Not just LIKES any more. On desktop: hover for more reactions. On mobile, a long press pops up the extra reactions.

screenshot-2018-10-15-at-19-02-20-png.185569

Push Notifications: You can opt to get notifications of convos and watched thread posts.

Reported Issues

19/6 Round Avatars:
Fixed - back to square.
Mobile Breadcrumbs: Went missing, now returned.
20/6 Dark Style: Some text is darker or has reverted to default. We will look at this over time.

Last edited:

• Admin
how do you URL unfurl?
Just paste the URL in. I am not sure what the requirements are for the target web site. I assume they need some meta tags or similar so it may not work with every site.

Chief

Like the new layout, but theres no button so i can click back to Forums if im browsing(which was a previous feature which was idiot proof for users like myself).

Now i have to click back oodles of times which is sub optimal
Can you please reconsider reinstatement of the forums tab to make it easier on users like myself.

• Admin
Chief

Like the new layout, but theres no button so i can click back to Forums if im browsing(which was a previous feature which was idiot proof for users like myself).

Now i have to click back oodles of times which is sub optimal
Can you please reconsider reinstatement of the forums tab to make it easier on users like myself.
I don't understand sorry.

I can see the FORUMS link in the navigation.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah breadcrumbs need to be fixed again
Screenshot_20190619-120940_1.png

(On mobile, chrome browser)

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Minor thing, looks like the thread header is still in black in night mode (not sure if it's just me though as I have a browser extension that fiddles with colorus a bit):
Untitled.png

I don't understand sorry.

I can see the FORUMS link in the navigation.

Maybe what i was referring to was the breadcrumbs that niles was referring to.

I used to be able to get back to forums quite easily through that function.

Now i have to click back 10 times to go back to Forums which is frustrating

Maybe what i was referring to was the breadcrumbs that niles was referring to.

I used to be able to get back to forums quite easily through that function.

Now i have to click back 10 times to go back to Forums which is frustrating
Yep - will fix today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief any chance we can get a quick toggle for dark mode on mobile (a la the light bulb button on desktop)?

Yes you have this - you will probably need to rotate the phone to landscape to see the light bulb in the nav.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
on the forum that I administrate, it has the same reactions... but some are +1 and some are +0 and some are -1 to your "reaction score". I took out the ability to "-1" people because that can be severely abused. Is this change to this forum numerical in the same way (list?) and do you think it's worth keeping the ability to "-1" people if that does exist?

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just don't go to oval avatars. I worked with a former journo once who said at the Advertiser they always printed pictures of dead people in the 'Oval of Death'.

Perhaps just for retired/inactive members, then?
Transition must have gone smoothly. I was surprised to see the site up and running this morning.

Me too.

on the forum that I administrate, it has the same reactions... but some are +1 and some are +0 and some are -1 to your "reaction score". I took out the ability to "-1" people because that can be severely abused. Is this change to this forum numerical in the same way (list?) and do you think it's worth keeping the ability to "-1" people if that does exist?

I’ll have a look. I don’t think so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back