News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the same then i saw it on this post which also has the indigenous one with Mr Burns on the front

season 8 episode 10 GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish we had worn the red Fitzroy kit in the gf to be honest.
This just made me think of something.

So Brisbane would obviously prefer to wear their home kit, right?

In the event of a clash, what guernsey would they have preferred in the GF? 🤔

This just made me think of something.

So Brisbane would obviously prefer to wear their home kit, right?

In the event of a clash, what guernsey would they have preferred in the GF? 🤔
Theyd just adopt the Carlton arrogance and wear their home with white 😜

I wish we had worn the red Fitzroy kit in the gf to be honest.
Nah we should always wear our home jumper on grand final day unless the clash is too significant. Maroon worked absolutely fine against Collingwood in 02, 03 and 23.

We should be made to wear either our away or clash kits if either Melbourne, Adelaide or Fremantle are hosting us in a grand final. We can get away with wearing our home jumper against every other club in the comp if we're the team that finishes the season lower.

Last edited:
Nah we should always wear our home jumper on grand final day unless the clash is too significant. Maroon worked absolutely fine against Collingwood in 02, 03 and 23.

We should be made to wear either our away or clash kits if either Melbourne, Adelaide or Fremantle are hosting us in a grand final. We can get away with wearing our home jumper against every other club in the comp if we're the team that finishes the season lower.
There would be a lot of Vic supporters who would love to see the Roy colours again, it could also help unite the supporter base a bit more, that's my thinking anyway

There would be a lot of Vic supporters who would love to see the Roy colours again, it could also help unite the supporter base a bit more, that's my thinking anyway
With respect, but we're not the Fitzroy Football Club. Fitzroy is apart of our clubs heritage and identity but it's not all of it. Wearing the Roys jumper is definitely a fitting tribute at Gather Round, Retro Round and the clubs Hall of Fame weekend. But when it comes to grand finals we should embrace our current identity which we've won 3 flags with which is the Maroon, Blue and Gold jumper.

With respect, but we're not the Fitzroy Football Club. Fitzroy is apart of our clubs heritage and identity but it's not all of it. Wearing the Roys jumper is definitely a fitting tribute at Gather Round, Retro Round and the clubs Hall of Fame weekend. But when it comes to grand finals we should embrace our current identity which we've won 3 flags with which is the Maroon, Blue and Gold jumper.
People sleep on the Bears and their colours too. Brisbane already do so much to honour and represent Fitzroy and do virtually nothing for the Bears who in my opinion had superior colours and guernseys.

I agree with you but I will say the great thing for Brisbane is at least they have an away guernsey the fans and club would be more than happy to wear and win with on Grand Final Day.

I’ve been big on this for years. I don’t care if you’re Collingwood who finished first or you’re West Coast who finished last, when you’re designing your away guernsey every single club needs to ask themselves “Do we want to win a Grand Final in this?”

I reckon there are only 10 clubs right now who would be more than happy to wear their away guernsey right now if they had to without kicking up a stink. Maybe 9, not really sure on the Adelaide away guernsey.

All hell would’ve broken loose in 2021 if Port beat the Western Bulldogs and had to wear that silver guernsey in a Grand Final. This is also why Essendon away guernseys are so terrible. The chaos that’ll unfold if they ever have to wear an away guernsey in a Grand Final would be ridiculous.

Clubs need to do better.

It would have been cool is all. We have access to probably the richest guernsey heritage of all clubs, I just don't see why we don't use it more tbh. Bring on the blue shorts for the red kit!

It would have been cool is all. We have access to probably the richest guernsey heritage of all clubs, I just don't see why we don't use it more tbh. Bring on the blue shorts for the red kit!
The blue shorts would look fantastic, maroon shorts with our Gold/Maroon clash jumper would look nice as well. It feels like the AFL should be beyond the white short policy by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back