New sponsorship - Mercedes-Benz Vans

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-05-04/wb-mvb-announcement

I love Gordon and the players attempt to link our clubs similarities with Mercedes Benz the brand......I mean c'mon fellas, bit of a stretch!

I remember getting pissed on at the Western Oval drinking $2.50 VB cans and hitching a ride home in the back of a HQ ute. The only sign of a Mercedes emblem was the one stolen from the bonnet of the Melbourne Footy Club Presidents sedan in my mates pocket!

Don't get me wrong - awesome sponsorship and great work by the club. The future has never been brighter.
The only Mercedes we used to see out at the Western Oval back in the day, were being followed in hot pursuit by the boys in blue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great get! Well done Gordon and the club, going places. Meanwhile, Melbourne still doesn't have a major sponsor ha ha ha :D

Was at a function yesterday where Gordon spoke just after the announcement. To say he was chuffed was an understatement. The footage of Tom Boyd's goal was played as he got up to speak. Fair to say he's had the best 12 months of his life.
Did he mention anything else of note?

I remember a bit lament on this board at the time of Audi committing to the Hawks. Could the Dogs ever hope to attract a sponsor like that. Premiership. Nek minit. I reckon Mercedes' research unit in their marketing dept is better than Audi's:oops:

I remember a bit lament on this board at the time of Audi committing to the Hawks. Could the Dogs ever hope to attract a sponsor like that. Premiership. Nek minit. I reckon Mercedes' research unit in their marketing dept is better than Audi's:oops:
Yep - thought of that when this deal was announced - bet Audi wished they could have their time over and choose us instead. Hawks down at the bottom and no top-5 pick that they as a business can market vs what could be the beginning of a dynasty...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back