Resource New Stadium Seat Allocation

What are Freo supporters doing/planning with regards to membership at the new stadium

• I've already locked in my seat(s).

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • I've already locked in my seat(s), but I'll be looking to relocate for 2019.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I'm looking to relocate. If nothing suits, I'll accept my initially allocated seat(s).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I'm looking to relocate. If nothing suits, I'll let my membership lapse.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I'm letting my membership lapse. I'm looking at buying tickets to games I can get to or want to watc

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Letting my membership lapse. Will look again for 2019 to see what becomes available.

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there currently any ground level wing seats available that are undercover? Locked my seats in last Wednesday in block 147 that look directly into the sun as these were the only seats available at the time. Is it worth contacting the club to reactivate my portal access?

Very happy I was able to get a seat in 143 row 15 for $800. I think a row or two behind me and it jumps to $1000.

Any issues with 143 for the sun? being on the southern end?
Best bet would be to ask the club membership people. We avoided that side just because the virtual venue shows potential sun there and the same spot at Subi would cop the sun too.

Anyone seen any quality Cat 2 seats still available for 3 seats together?
Our change period opened on the 9th and I've been lurking the site constantly since. Last night I managed to secure four seats together in row 2 of block 516. Should be awesome viewing. We were originally in the nosebleeds of 517, which was a tad too high up for our tastes. If there's a particular block you have your eye on, it might be worthwhile going into the club and they can advise which seats are locked in, and which may be available in the future. Just try and be patient and seats should free up :thumbsu:

Any issues with 143 for the sun? being on the southern end?
With 143 being on centre wing its less of an issue, see my crude take below:
2017-11-16 12_47_27-pdf-3755perth-stadium-map.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro.png
Basically the further round you are to the South East the larger the area of the ground is more or less between the viewer and the sun in the mid afternoon. I know this from experience as well having sat centre wing south side at Subi and now block 133 (pretty much the equivelent of the back of block 148 at PS).

The other thing to bare in mind is that block 143 will be in shade by late in afternoon games whilst your 149's, 353's and 550's will be in it all day:
2017-11-16 12_59_40-Fremantle Virtual Venue™ by IOMEDIA and 1 more page ‎- Microsoft Edge.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 437660
Basically the further round you are to the South East the larger the area of the ground is more or less between the viewer and the sun in the mid afternoon. I know this from experience as well having sat centre wing south side at Subi and now block 133 (pretty much the equivelent of the back of block 148 at PS).

The other thing to bare in mind is that block 143 will be in shade by late in afternoon games whilst your 149's, 353's and 550's will be in it all day:
View attachment 437658
I queried the club regarding the stadium's shade modeling shown on the website, and the lady advised that this image of the stadium is an approximation of the sun's positioning at 4pm. Would be higher in the sky for the 1:10pm Saturday, or our typical 2:40pm on Sunday games. So make of that what you will.

I queried the club regarding the stadium's shade modeling shown on the website, and the lady advised that this image of the stadium is an approximation of the sun's positioning at 4pm. Would be higher in the sky for the 1:10pm Saturday, or our typical 2:40pm on Sunday games. So make of that what you will.
Its only going to be a problem round that 2:40 to 3:30/4 pm time if you're in the ground tier from around block 145 to block 152. the rest of the time the sun will be so high or low it won't matter.*

*Unless its a game in April or September and it's 33+- degrees

Its only going to be a problem round that 2:40 to 3:30/4 pm time if you're in the ground tier from around block 145 to block 152. the rest of the time the sun will be so high or low it won't matter.*

*Unless its a game in April or September and it's 33+- degrees

To add to that this is from 1st November @ 4pm (at half time for a 2:40 game).
Of course the sun will be lower throughout winter though...
The shade is cutting directly through the middle of 143.
clip_image001.jpg

Attachments

• Perth Stadium1.jpg
    Perth Stadium1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 70
View attachment 437660

View attachment 437658
Hi Paracleet, I’m in row 4 345 how will go with the sun? Apologies if you have answer somewhere previously but the sunit is my only real concern.

Hi Paracleet, I’m in row 4 345 how will go with the sun? Apologies if you have answer somewhere previously but the sunit is my only real concern.
I assume you will be insensible to it as being in the Sports Lounge you'd be pissed before halftime.
To add to that this is from 1st November @ 4pm (at half time for a 2:40 game).
Of course the sun will be lower throughout winter though...
The shade is cutting directly through the middle of 143.
clip_image001.jpg
Seriously though I don't think anyone is gong to have problem with the sun unless they are much further round to the South East than your respective blocks where they will be looking up the ground towards the lowering sun.

I hope I'm right as I am directly behind you both in 543.

I assume you will be insensible to it as being in the Sports Lounge you'd be pissed before halftime.

Seriously though I don't think anyone is gong to have problem with the sun unless they are much further round to the South East than your respective blocks where they will be looking up the ground towards the lowering sun.

Thanks mate though I think I’ll be on bread and water after paying for the seat:fearscream:

I`m on the Northern side and I don`t disagree with you, I just thought it time I added a little something to this board:)

Back