New Year Resolutions For Carlton BF Posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cycle 27 kms each morning. Could not run more than about 200 metres :D Really not sure i would be able to run that far :eek:

In summary, useless in the midfield. Or any other part of the field.
I can slog a 100 golf balls on to the cricket oval from my driveway with my big birtha driver in between cars going past.then the council mower man put them in a pile for me to collect when o feel like it..

Clearly no advantage being that tall :p
It's mostly disadvantages to be honest. I've just discovered another fun one: I've had two weeks off and have let the facial hair go, which I rarely get to do, but have discovered I need to still shave the neck because all this looking downward at short arse people makes it itch :D

Amazing how people without real issues make such a big deal. Some apologies to CC who is doing well.
I'm shorter than the whole list (except Bolts) and heavier than any (except maybe the bloke on the recruiter's
table on draft night). Lost 4kg last month. Will bump the thread when I get below the ton......will be a while.:D
Ill join you. Not nice measuring your weight in tonnes.

I am currently at 0.125t. Sooo long way to go to get under 0.1.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

late to this thread

my first resolution every year is just to buy a diary. i use it less and less every year, and my phone more.
speaking of which, already completed another resolution which was a new job. which if i got, would buy a newer better phone for.

other than that, i plan to eat more nourishing food (not going well so far), make more art, maybe write, play more video games, and attempt being an amazing dad to my coming kid. not sure how video games will work with that, but i suspect it involves being up all night while my tired partner gets a chance to sleep.

Great reading everyone shout out to those going through challenging times.

Mine:
1. get through 6mth licence suspension, use it positively (and keep on good terms with wifey!)
2. Do Oxfam Traikwalker under 20hrs, lose 6kg in process
3. Be supportive to my 17 yr old doing VCE who can annoy the hell out of me
4. work through mid-career crisis with as much equanimity I can muster

PS as a late 40s male I can't recommend Pilates more highly. Very different from cycling and a lot safer!
Bump

How's everyone's resolutions going?
Weight off, stayed off?
Hark's, your spreadsheet upto date
Bluella, are you more tolerant of others?

I'm happily driving again after what I called home detention. Wife was amazing doing the kids x3 runs and didn't do it resentfully.
Did Oxfam in a little over 20hrs, but came 16th, we're blown away by that result. Lost the 6kg and (mostly) kept it off but not exercising much.
Yr12 boy going well so far, school has a great balance of pushing them and providing support. Best of all he has set goals, thought he was too chillaxed to do that sort thing. Very proud of him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've got one I thought of today. You might think it's a bit wanky but it's one that I need to do.

I promise to be kinder to myself. I'm only learning how to be a mother and how to balance being a mother/wife/friend/daughter/sister all at the same time and it's OKAY for me to make mistakes sometimes. The only person who expects me to be perfect is me and I need to give myself a break instead of getting mad and beating myself up all the time. I wouldn't let anybody speak to my friends the way I speak to myself so I have to make a change.

UPDATE
I haven't lost the kilos
I haven't stopped ******* swearing

BUT I know I'm a goshdarn heckin' good mother. I'm not perfect but I do my very best. It's okay when mistakes are made because I learn from them and I know that baby inside and out.

So the promise thing seems to have worked. I don't beat myself up over every little thing anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluella, are you more tolerant of others?

When they're not being so effing intolerable!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding (kinda). I'm horribly antisocial at the moment, but for the first time in ages I actually felt like I wished I had made more plans for the weekend, which I take as a good sign that I can play well with others again. Will test this theory over the next month or so as I have a few things I can't really get out of.

When they're not being so effing intolerable!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding (kinda). I'm horribly antisocial at the moment, but for the first time in ages I actually felt like I wished I had made more plans for the weekend, which I take as a good sign that I can play well with others again. Will test this theory over the next month or so as I have a few things I can't really get out of.
Go for it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I lost 5kg in a few months, eating healthily for the first time in my life.

Been on holidays for a week and I think I've put it all back on.

Surely if I was supposed to keep the weight off, they wouldn't have made pizza and ice cream so yummy....:p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back