NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

I've been watching quite a bit of NFL Network today/tonight - it's the first time I've even logged into Gamepass since the Superbowl.

The first thing I noticed is that the quality is excellent. I've never had trouble streaming games through Gamepass on my NBN connection, but I've always had trouble with NFL Network on 2 different iPhones, on a Macbook and on a PC, such that I never watch it. Given this, I'd already decided I'd just get the 'normal season' pass next season (cos I have ESPN for playoffs and analysis shows).

I've changed my mind now - NFL Network is excellent to have at this time of year when it's working this perfectly. (I can't imagine it's even due to the time of year and less people using it - the service would surely have been under a heap of pressure today)

-----------

Anyway, the reason for the bump - I keep seeing ads for "Caught in the Draft".

Is this a new show, or are there already episodes available? They don't seem to be available on NFL Network, and in any case normally when their shows are good you hear a lot about them (I heard HEAPS about Finding Giants a few months ago).

Can anyone fill me in? Is it any good?

I'll be cancelling my gamepass this season.
With ESPN now showing RedZone down here, I can watch everything of importance now. (can iq it if I sleep in ;))
Can then reinvest that money into nhl AND nba for a similar price.

The first thing I noticed is that the quality is excellent. I've never had trouble streaming games through Gamepass on my NBN connection

My internet at my old house and current house have been pieces of shit, so while I paid for the regular season I didn't use it often. If I didn't have Foxtel I'd have been very dissatisfied. (Yes I realise it's out of the NFL's control.)

My internet at my old house and current house have been pieces of shit, so while I paid for the regular season I didn't use it often. If I didn't have Foxtel I'd have been very dissatisfied. (Yes I realise it's out of the NFL's control.)

My connection is average (500 - 800kbps) but the quality I get through Gamepass is excellent, especially in comparison to other streaming services even in Australia.

Some interesting offers being bandied about at the office for International folks next season....will spill the beans when I can :)

We're still working out the packages for the various products, but hopefully some will be a little cheaper and some will be a little free-er!

Yeah not sure if I'm renewing this season, don't get me wrong the quality of the product is worth every cent, but I just don't have the time to make full use of it unfortunately :(

I will be pretty happy if they make the NFL Gamepass app available for Playstation next season.

would be nice, but i think the Xbone deal will stop that ever happening, i would love to be wrong though. Then all i will need is sony to come out with a remote for the PS4 or update the phone/tablet app to work as a remote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd just be happy with the Apple TV. These things only cost 100 bucks, and the current generation ones are excellent. They just work, and they are almost completely fool-proof. If there was a choice to be made between prioritising an app for a $500 new-gen console, or prioritising an app for a $100 streaming device, I really hope they'd do Apple TV first.

I end up streaming it from my phone through Apple TV (using Airplay) anyway - but I just left the job for which I had my second iPhone, and I like having the first iphone to check fantasy scores while watching games.

I should be able to clarity what will be available on the different platforms in the next couple of weeks. I can confirm that PS4 is on our target list at least for the US Domestic market, so hopefully that extends to International.

Can you get in contact with the fools at MLB.TV and ask them to sort out their service as its almost unwatchable!

I'd just be happy with the Apple TV. These things only cost 100 bucks, and the current generation ones are excellent. They just work, and they are almost completely fool-proof. If there was a choice to be made between prioritising an app for a $500 new-gen console, or prioritising an app for a $100 streaming device, I really hope they'd do Apple TV first.

I end up streaming it from my phone through Apple TV (using Airplay) anyway - but I just left the job for which I had my second iPhone, and I like having the first iphone to check fantasy scores while watching games.

This. I use my iPad to stream to AppleTV and also watch the WWE Network, Netflix and NFL Now through AppleTV - its a great little device and would be awesome if Game Pass is made available on there next season.

PlayStation doesn't help me unfortunately as I only have a PS3 and have no intention of forking out $500 for a PS4 anytime soon.

Last edited:
Have relayed the request for International Gamepass to be native on Apple TV. Apparently this was a common request from fans in the post-season survey as well. We're still sorting out the domestic US digital products at the moment and International won't be too far behind.

Have relayed the request for International Gamepass to be native on Apple TV. Apparently this was a common request from fans in the post-season survey as well. We're still sorting out the domestic US digital products at the moment and International won't be too far behind.

Here's a question you might know the answer to.

I pay like $200 for a year long Gamepass and don't currently get it on Apple TV.

And yet NFL Now is available on Apple TV - a service that, as far as I can tell, is just the NFL Network and some premium news and chat segments. So given that, why does the NFL Now expect me to pay again for this service?

Here's a question you might know the answer to.

I pay like $200 for a year long Gamepass and don't currently get it on Apple TV.

And yet NFL Now is available on Apple TV - a service that, as far as I can tell, is just the NFL Network and some premium news and chat segments. So given that, why does the NFL Now expect me to pay again for this service?

Yep, I hear ya. The short answer is that the Apple TV product is intended as a product built for the US market, also GamePass is an international only product that doesn't exist here. The result is therefore confusing for our international fans. We get that...our fans have told us exactly that.

What we are doing at the moment is trying to streamline the whole thing and make all products available on all devices, some current products will be merged or changed and we want to offer a mix of good free and premium content with a simpler pricing model. That's what we're currently busy working on.

That would be awesome, thanks for the updates here sparky.

I ummed and ahhed about signing up for Gamepass for a couple of years, then finally took the plunge two seasons ago (got it as my first Fathers Day present, perfect timing with Fathers Day being early September here). It is remarkable just how good it is and I can't see myself ever going without it again. I can't believe I didn't sign up earlier, the service and value for money are great.

I saw the early prototype of the NFL App for Connected TV's (Apple TV, Roku, Xbox & PS4) on Friday and was really impressed. It was only a beta design but it looks awesome. The next step for us over the next couple of weeks is agree the packaging and contents of the App and then build the real thing.

2015/16 season subscriptions are up.
$164.99 OR 4 monthly Payments of $54.99 for access till Jan 15 2016
$254.99 for Access till July 31 2016

and 7 day free trial to be re-billed at $254.99 unless canceled

Any word on PS4 being supported yet?

Or promo codes, i got one last year for 10% or 15% off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back