List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither influence recruiters in any meaningful way.

Some players will always have a higher profile just because of their surname.
Yep. And we shouldn't forget that often the father sons are sons of a friend or at least an acquaintance of the blokes writing the articles or comment on footy. Thus their natural bias would push the media towards them anyway- even if us in the audience didn't have the same bias.

That might be the case for lower rated players - but not guys at the extremely pointy end. It's pretty clear that recruiters are going to be at his games as it's TAC. He starred in the first game of the year. Thus he's going to be on radars regardless of the press - the fact that he's a father son that we seem certain to take may actually may actually result in them watching him a bit less closely than if he wasn't.
The more he is spoken about the more clubs will want to look. If for no other reason then to make sure the hype is justified

Putting forward arguably the individual performance of the round, Nick Daicos starred through the midfield for the Oakleigh Chargers and proved he is the real deal. Making the case out of the blocks that he is Victoria's best prospect, the Collingwood father-son option amassed 28 disposals, 10 contested possessions, eight marks, seven tackles, while kicking three goals in a complete performance. While Daicos' Chargers lost the match, his performance was more complete than Sandringham's first-round fancies Josh Sinn and Campbell Chesser, only enhancing Daicos' top-5 credentials.

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...-josh-rentsch-charlie-dixon-forward-impresses

The more he is spoken about the more clubs will want to look. If for no other reason then to make sure the hype is justified
Lol, he’s a top 3 prospect. Clubs were always going to be looking hard irrespective of the media attention.

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...-josh-rentsch-charlie-dixon-forward-impresses
Fake news. It’s just the media talking him up so we have to pay top dollar :moustache:

Mate if you think the media doesn’t influence it you have rocks in your head. They play a massive role in it.

I'm pretty sure the recruiters aren't even real. Would anybody be surprised if Dekka was actually a Herald Sun cyborg. I'm pretty sure its just Robbo and co deciding where players go in the draft.

I'm pretty sure the recruiters aren't even real. Would anybody be surprised if Dekka was actually a Herald Sun cyborg. I'm pretty sure its just Robbo and co deciding where players go in the draft.
The more attention a player gets the more time clubs spend watching them

It’s similar to the private school effect, they have connections and use them to sell their players so they are always front of mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s similar to the private school effect, they have connections and use them to sell their players so they are always front of mind

I understand the rationale and it's pretty valid with kids less high in terms of expectations, but not at the pointy end of the draft. By trading out our first rounder, we made it pretty obvious what we thought - that's going to have much more of an impact on other clubs views than any of these articles.

I understand the rationale and it's pretty valid with kids less high in terms of expectations, but not at the pointy end of the draft. By trading out our first rounder, we made it pretty obvious what we thought - that's going to have much more of an impact on other clubs views than any of these articles.
This is the reason Josh was kept out of the media spot light. He slid in the draft as there was no expectations

Mate if you think the media doesn’t influence it you have rocks in your head. They play a massive role in it.
You’re right. That’s why the media experts who write these thing always get their phantoms spot on :moustache:

I think it's fairly safe to say that AFL scouting departments are professional enough to not really care what journos think. Especially in the case of someone like Nick, who is a) the son of a legend and b) has been pegged as a top prospect for years

I think it's fairly safe to say that AFL scouting departments are professional enough to not really care what journos think. Especially in the case of someone like Nick, who is a) the son of a legend and b) has been pegged as a top prospect for years
Well that’s not how it works

Nick looks like a teenage pot dealer from Reservoir circa 1986. But I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Son of a legend should count for diddly squats, should be based on merit , ie, football talent, footy smarts, ability to play at the highest level required when ready, Nick has it all in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back