List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that’s not how it works
Please enlighten us

Son of a legend should count for diddly squats, should be based on merit , ie, football talent, footy smarts, ability to play at the highest level required when ready, Nick has it all in spades.
That's not the point I was making. I meant that naturally the sons of AFL players are always on the radar of clubs because of the nature of our unique game

This is the reason Josh was kept out of the media spot light. He slid in the draft as there was no expectations
No, Josh slid in the draft as he had work to do,nothing to do with media spotlight, he has done the work, and it`s paid off handsomely.late developer, Nick is on another level, he has developed quickly right through his junior ranks , remember watching him play for Kew Rovers, winning the Yarra Valley Under 15`s best and fairest as a 14 year old, thought to myself , if he keeps up this trajectory of momentum , he will be a special talent , well here we are, the kid will be a gun of a player for us from round one next year , in the seniors Oh happy days

Please enlighten us

That's not the point I was making. I meant that naturally the sons of AFL players are always on the radar of clubs because of the nature of our unique game

Absolutely , I agree with what you stated gouki88

Imagine if these articles were based off comments recruiters were already making on prospects 🤔
The recruiters are being influenced by the articles they’re being quoted in. It’s all just a convoluted way of telling themselves they’re making the right choices :drunk:

I sure hope the kid has thick skin and loves the limelight. Its been 1 game.. the media attention will worsen as the year goes on.

Espically IF Dominates U-19 Champs and VFL Games he plays with us but he has had it for awhile

Did anyone seriously think the media (you know the thing that controls the AFL and therefore the other 17 clubs) was EVER going to let US and Nick Daicos have a gentle lead up year into the 2021 draft? C'mon folks...its gonna be like this all year. They're (the media) gonna drag this out all the way and there's nought anyone can do to stop em.

Expect cover to cover spreads of the lad, interviews and photos after all of his games, Kingy and Kane to salivate all over it.

For a middle of the road team we're gonna be "the HEADLINE ACT" once again....for no better reason than we sell stuff.

Welcome to the Pies Nick!

Yeah, maybe they could do an article about Bontempelli coming out of contract? How many articles a week would there be if Bont was in black and white? Its a joke and a reason why we always over pay.

No, Josh slid in the draft as he had work to do,nothing to do with media spotlight, he has done the work, and it`s paid off handsomely.late developer, Nick is on another level, he has developed quickly right through his junior ranks , remember watching him play for Kew Rovers, winning the Yarra Valley Under 15`s best and fairest as a 14 year old, thought to myself , if he keeps up this trajectory of momentum , he will be a special talent , well here we are, the kid will be a gun of a player for us from round one next year , in the seniors Oh happy days
The club knew what they were doing they knew Josh being older he could be more evenly hidden. He played rep footy at under 15 YJFL level and then turned down the chargers 16s squad and bottom age 18s to do his development stuff with Collingwood. AFL rules require he played top age TAC so he did as a forward.

The club knew what they were doing they knew Josh being older he could be more evenly hidden. He played rep footy at under 15 YJFL level and then turned down the chargers 16s squad and bottom age 18s to do his development stuff with Collingwood. AFL rules require he played top age TAC so he did as a forward.
I don't have any intel on whether we hid him or not but Josh recently said in an article that asthma held back his development as a junior.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

It took him about 4 years to become afl standard. If we held him back it was a dumb decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know Bontempelli is coming out of contract?

Did you read that in the papers?
He’s listed in the current FA players on the AFL site. If you can find a feature length article specifically about Bontempelli being a free agent this year, then great, but I doubt you’ll find the same volume of articles that have been written about Nick over the space of only a couple of weeks.

Don`t concern yourself with that , 5 players will be de~listed at seasons end....Lynch, Mayne, C Brown, Greenwood, Thomas,will be off the books, welcome too Collingwood Nick

Cal Brown contracted till 2022 so I doubt he’ll be going anywhere.

Cal Brown contracted till 2022 so I doubt he’ll be going anywhere.

Just as Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips were contracted for how many more years :D, do tell me how that worked out, give that a thumbs up ,the dumb and dumber brigade , oh, and little boy Brown ain`t no Treloar, Stephenson or Phillips

Last edited:
So, he has a fetish for female superheroes? I’m not sure that affects his draft value.

Wait till the pics of him wearing their costumes surface.

But it does have an impact. Anyone who knows anything about recruiting knows that. The more media attention he gets the more and more clubs will go to games he plays and have a focus on him. That focus will skew their perceptions of other players. As when you go to a game with a list of names to watch you focus in on them and then miss things from other players

Are you suggesting that any AFL recruiter worth their salt wouldn’t already be watching junior games at this level?

Just as Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips were contracted for how many more years :D, do tell me how that worked out, give that a thumbs up ,the dumb and dumber brigade , oh, and little boy Brown ain`t no Treloar, Stephenson or Phillips

Who was the last contracted player the club actually wanted to keep that was forced out?

You’re right, he’s no Treloar, Stephenson or Phillips. Which means clubs aren’t going to be lining up to trade for him, which means we keep him because he’s contracted.

I’ve never heard a Club recruiter say “Well, we drafted him because the media kept saying how good he was”
”We ignored our own due diligence, years of recruiting experience, list needs & interview grading. We just followed the media”.

I’ve never heard a Club recruiter say “Well, we drafted him because the media kept saying how good he was”
”We ignored our own due diligence, years of recruiting experience, list needs & interview grading. We just followed the media, who got all their inside information from anonymous posters of Bigfooty”.

EFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back