Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, apart from his last kick which
His handballs were elite, his kicking was woeful. It wont happen too much more in his career though. I dont rate it a 3 vote game but we are really judging him on a much much higher level than any other player in the game.

was game winning like usual.
Who would you give the three votes to, if not Naics? For me gets the three votes over the four qtrs, but only just.

I feel like 10 of his 14 clearances were snapped out of congestion and marked by Adelaide players. Most likely a result of missing the majority of our best forward line and having no key forwards.
Missed a few kicks you would normally expect him to hit, but still huge overall.

I feel like 10 of his 14 clearances were snapped out of congestion and marked by Adelaide players. Most likely a result of missing the majority of our best forward line and having no key forwards.
Missed a few kicks you would normally expect him to hit, but still huge overall.
Spot on. He did have a few very bad kicks but his clearance kicks where mostly to contests that our forwards lost. His handballs were sublime. His defensive game as good as anyone’s on the ground.

He has worked so hard on his clearance and the defensive side of his game. He is a little hard nut now.

Would like to see him trust his left boot a bit more, kicking on the outside of your right foot is ok if you have time and space, but sometimes you need to go to your opposite side ( last qtr shot at goal is the example ) he can do it, because I’ve seen him do it, just wish he would trust it more a bit like his brother does

Outstanding game though, his kicking in general was a little off, but his work rate and clearance
work was his best for the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a freak, he is putting up GAJ numbers in his 3rd season, Gaz didnt explode until his 5th or 6th season.
What I find hilarious is that he’s 2 years ahead of gaj in terms of what he’s doing.

That’s 40 games.
40 games.
40 games = 2 years.

lol at defensive cats. Hilarious.

But I’m sure cats supporters will still say he’s no where near it. lol.

His odd clanger doesn't bother me. At least you know his always trying to change the situation to our advantage and not simply bombing it long to our non existent kpfs.
When you touch it 41 times, it is near impossible to not have clangers.
He had 24 effective disposals. I'm certain no other player on the ground had close to that.

3. Nick Daicos
2. Rankin
1. Pendles/Josh Daicos/Crisp/Noble/Dawson

The north board is quite a funny one regarding nick. Always called him a seagull and they seemed to just hate him for no reason other than he was drafted with JUF and they were burnt. It’s a strange hatred.

Now they have sneezel or cheezel their seagull arguments seem to have changed or gone away.

The north board is quite a funny one regarding nick. Always called him a seagull and they seemed to just hate him for no reason other than he was drafted with JUF and they were burnt. It’s a strange hatred.

Now they have sneezel or cheezel their seagull arguments seem to have changed or gone away.
The hatred towards Nick is nothing but extreme jealousy plain and simple from all the knobs involved

Look, the lad is elite in every aspect of the game but, he is also still very young and learning all the time, so you know he is only going to keep getting better.

At the moment, he is in a bit of a rut where he is either chipping nine irons and sand wedges into the forward line or, having his low trajectory passes being cut off and intercepted. He will work on that and sort it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back