Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Training intensity. But love his little bit of extra time he takes after a little burst. Then silk vision and execution
That is truly a key - 3 quick steps to gain a step clearance then use that step to settle and deliver on the step.

Raines was a master at it i though he kicked ballistic missile passes almost as hard as Bucks.

Makes all the difference.

Training intensity. But love his little bit of extra time he takes after a little burst. Then silk vision and execution

True but even today there where a Few Players Turning the Ball over By Foot

While the kick and the movement was fantastic, for me it's the calmness and awareness. He clearly looks like he wants to get a handball off, see's nothing on, and rather than blaze away he balances himself and then takes the best option.

A young fella could be excused for looking for an exit hand-pass, panicking and just getting rid off it. His game awareness and poise is clearly ahead of what most 18 year old draftees would posses.

While the kick and the movement was fantastic, for me it's the calmness and awareness. He clearly looks like he wants to get a handball off, see's nothing on, and rather than blaze away he balances himself and then takes the best option.

A young fella could be excused for looking for an exit hand-pass, panicking and just getting rid off it. His game awareness and poise is clearly ahead of what most 18 year old draftees would posses.
He will very occasionally get caught doing this in extremely tight situations but that's a microscopic downside compared to being poised and having the position awareness to find the correct option and kick to advantage.

I got a little bit excited watching that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly the most exciting player in intraclub. Looked so at ease at the pace. Obviously that steps up over the next few weeks but he seems a round 1 certainty and hopefully never plays VFL ever. He is the big plank of the rebuild

Hooe his presence can inspire Josh to get back to his 2020 trajectory.

I think what helped Josh in 2020 was the reduced game time and slightly lesser required fitness level. I'm still holding out hope that from now on his fitness will be good enough to deliver that level (or beyond) more consistently. Fingers crossed.

It’ll be interesting to see how opposition sides setup against him. The big (and only) ? I had on him was his ability to win his own ball and on Friday night he did that with ease so do they allow him to do his own thing or put time into him defensively? By the looks of it he’s going to average 25ppg from year 1 barring injury so I think Judd was right to ask whether he was as good as him out of U18’s! We were truly blessed the cards fell the way they did on draft night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back