No TV Coverage Round 2 NAB Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2001
Limerick Hotel
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Read in the Herald-Sun last week that that in round 2 of the NAB cup foxtel were covering 5 games.

I have just check the foxtel TV guide and we play Sydney at 2.40 pm on Saturday and they are covering the Hawthorn v GWS game that starts at 3.40pm

Saturday night they are covering Collingwood v Melbourne rather than Essendon v St. Kilda & Adelaide v Brisbane

Both Sunday games and the Friday game are being covered.

At least we should be on TV from Ballarat the following week as we are the only game on Sunday.

It amazes me how much these clowns paid for footy access and they don't even bother playing games they have access to.

I am sure C7 could squeeze this in on a digital channel somewhere between the gazillionth replay of some 20 year old sitcom.

Last year I think it was Richmond that got a couple of pre-season games done with a handycam and it was of a decent standard, our club said it would look into it, would be good if we could do something like that.

I think the issue is the facilities at the ground. You'll notice that the games that aren't televised are at obscure places.

its just unfortunate

It amazes me how much these clowns paid for footy access and they don't even bother playing games they have access to.

I am sure C7 could squeeze this in on a digital channel somewhere between the gazillionth replay of some 20 year old sitcom.

Last year I think it was Richmond that got a couple of pre-season games done with a handycam and it was of a decent standard, our club said it would look into it, would be good if we could do something like that.

Despite our efforts to get this up and going, unfortunately it's not possible as there's no internet connection at the ground to stream from.

I'll be there providing a CoveritLive coverage as we did last year for the game in Lavington.

I thought it was televised on fox? I swear I saw it somewhere, the other fox sports channels are airing a game when a games clashes on fox footy...

... or did I make this up?

The AFL website media guide has our game telecast as blank so looks like this is correct. I was hoping it might be one of those multi view games where you select which one to watch. Lets hope the media get stuck into the AFL and Foxtel over this bullshit.

Despite our efforts to get this up and going, unfortunately it's not possible as there's no internet connection at the ground to stream from.

I'll be there providing a CoveritLive coverage as we did last year for the game in Lavington.
Fair enough if you can't stream it live. But can you film it and then put it online the next day, or something?

See if you can top Heath's line from Lavington, when Wellsy goaled from outside 50 on the run, "there was movement!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the ground has cameras it will be live on foxtel! Every nab game is exclusive to foxtel. The only one on fta is the final, most likely delayed. With chanel 7 at the helm, if you're banking on fta expect SFA!

Yes every NAb game (except final) foxtel has exclusive rights to in the sense that no other broadcaster may show it. Doesn't mean foxtel will!

I'm not sticking up for them but they never said ' Every game, live, ad free siren to siren including NAB cup'

Hey, NAB Cup was important enough for Conca to get off a Rnd 1 suspension.....

'Every game, live, ad free, siren to siren"

Die Foxtel

Bruce Purser reserve is a reasonably small suburban ground. I don't know how possible it would be to set up cameras there. If there aren't appropriate facilities, it quickly becomes a very expensive and complicated exercise.

seriously people stop whinging it seems to me they cant afford to have cameras at the game as it would probably cut the crowd figures, we arent the only game not being covered so get over it, we are being covered the following week from ballarat so lets just be grateful i mean without foxtel we might not have seen our first round games as chanel 7 have only decide to show the grand final

seriously people stop whinging it seems to me they cant afford to have cameras at the game as it would probably cut the crowd figures, we arent the only game not being covered so get over it, we are being covered the following week from ballarat so lets just be grateful i mean without foxtel we might not have seen our first round games as chanel 7 have only decide to show the grand final

Given the s**t FTA coverage we are getting during the H&A season I doubt many of our supporters will be 'grateful'.

It is dumb. We have demand for coverage and there is no supply. Why pay hundreds of millions for the rights to broadcast if you are going to cheap out once you have them?

But oddly enough if there is a reportable incident, the cameras will out in force like the Kennedy assignation. :p

Aint that the truth! (welcome back too Woody)

Originally Posted by nathanr

Not sure if serious.jpg.

It's the AFL, not the WRFL.

We're yet to hear if there will be ANY live coverage of the game by any electronic media, let alone tv. It's 2012 and a fully fledged NAB Cup game which, as Conca's recent holiday would attest, is an important competition for prizemoney. It should be covered IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back