Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

It was absolutely, strictly speaking, a 50m penalty - he was late, by a fraction, but late. Unfortunate but it was a 50. Like Rankine's running too far.

Are those called that often? not really.

Would it have been as heavily debated if it happened at the 11min mark of the 2nd quarter instead? nope

the problem is as always, not the rule itself but the consistency of application.

It was absolutely, strictly speaking, a 50m penalty - he was late, by a fraction, but late. Unfortunate but it was a 50. Like Rankine's running too far.

Would it have been as heavily debated if it happened at the 11min mark of the 2nd quarter instead? nope

the problem is as always, not the rule itself but the consistency of application.

And that's the problem of introducing a "captain call' to review an umpires decision.

Most of the time it is technically correct, the problem is that the same thing happened 20 times already in the game wasn't called.

If the captain call ever came in the best review would be when the opposition kicked a goal on the run.
15m is less than 10 strides, umpire didn't blow the whistle - incorrect decision, goal disallowed, that rule would be quickly changed to 20m.

The Dawson head high from last year we would've got but last nights 50m or the Rankine running too far - technically correct.

This is me

I just think how different the comments would be if it was us who had the 50 given

I guess what is different is it got paid rather than ignored
Much rather they paid the ones where someone who wasn’t part of the contest (or touching them) grabs and holds the player after a mark.
I swear they brought that rule in 5-10 years ago and they’ve completely forgot it.

Much rather they paid the ones where someone who wasn’t part of the contest (or touching them) grabs and holds the player after a mark.
I swear they brought that rule in 5-10 years ago and they’ve completely forgot it.
Agree - both are trying to achieve the same outcome - time for players to stream upfield to defend the next line

And that's the problem of introducing a "captain call' to review an umpires decision.

Most of the time it is technically correct, the problem is that the same thing happened 20 times already in the game wasn't called.

If the captain call ever came in the best review would be when the opposition kicked a goal on the run.
15m is less than 10 strides, umpire didn't blow the whistle - incorrect decision, goal disallowed, that rule would be quickly changed to 20m.

The Dawson head high from last year we would've got but last nights 50m or the Rankine running too far - technically correct.
Yeah exactly the problem. The umps don't adjudicate to the rules most of the time, so when they do it stands out while being still technically correct. The standard is just terrible and there's no consistency between umpires.

Sorry Group, have a question and not really sure where to post this!

I am looking at going to the Crows vs Hawks game this year, probably the only one I will get to this year. I dont think it will be close to a sell out or a big crowd, so just wanted to know re. ticketing, would General Admission at the G' be ok? I dont need amazing seats, I need to wear my glasses to see anything on the oval anyway!

Footy's hottest new WAG Chelsea Becirevic has left the country and her footy star boyfriend because she can't bear living in Adelaide after moving there to be with him just seven months ago.

Sorry Group, have a question and not really sure where to post this!

I am looking at going to the Crows vs Hawks game this year, probably the only one I will get to this year. I dont think it will be close to a sell out or a big crowd, so just wanted to know re. ticketing, would General Admission at the G' be ok? I dont need amazing seats, I need to wear my glasses to see anything on the oval anyway!

Yeah GA at the G is great, even if it's level 4.

You should be able to get Level 1 no problems - or the front of level 4. Either way you're going to have a great view and not have any issues getting tickets even at the gate.

Footy's hottest new WAG Chelsea Becirevic has left the country and her footy star boyfriend because she can't bear living in Adelaide after moving there to be with him just seven months ago.

She seems nice.

"Marketer and influencer"

Who the **** is she influencing amongst her supposed 65000 followers? Nobody, that's who. I'm so sick of that word.

Adelaide will be the winner from the loss of this airhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's a marketer and influencer, who is a biomedical science student, who is... moving to Dubai to work for an airline?

Oh also the 'Footy Star' is Ivan Soldo, for anyone curious who doesn't want to click through to the Daily Mail.

See my previous post which actually states the rules surrounding 50m penalties. It was not, strictly speaking, a 50m penalty. These can only be given after a free kick or mark has been awarded. The mark has not been awarded before it is spoiled. Hence, there should be no 50m penalty. Hell, I’d go so far as to say that the umpire hadn’t even begun to bring his whistle to his lips or even called out that it was, in fact, a mark before the spoil occurred. Crappy, crappy call.

Oh also the 'Footy Star' is Ivan Soldo, for anyone curious who doesn't want to click through to the Daily Mail.
Star?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

She'll be dearly missed ... not

See my previous post which actually states the rules surrounding 50m penalties. It was not, strictly speaking, a 50m penalty. These can only be given after a free kick or mark has been awarded. The mark has not been awarded before it is spoiled. Hence, there should be no 50m penalty. Hell, I’d go so far as to say that the umpire hadn’t even begun to bring his whistle to his lips or even called out that it was, in fact, a mark before the spoil occurred. Crappy, crappy call.
I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that the whistle coincided with the accidental kicking away of the ball after the spoil. That's what I thought the 50 was for at the time, but that was also pretty soft.

I take umbrage to this, yet can't deny I'm on the edge too.

Surely this is enough evidence we need some sort of COLA type scheme here?

COHTLHA maybe? Cost of having to live here allowance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back