Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compare this response to Essendon FC and the AFL.

And the afl and essendon supporters wonder why the rest of us were and are still so ******* angry with them.

The thing that pisses me off the most about the whole Bombers thing is that they are treated as victims by both the media and the AFL. At no point has anyone taking personal responsibility for this whole saga. Its a ****ing joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that pisses me off the most about the whole Bombers thing is that they are treated as victims by both the media and the AFL. At no point has anyone taking personal responsibility for this whole saga. Its a ******* joke.

The only thing that stops me hating them more than any other club is that woosha is there. So hard to hate them absolutely when that man gave us so much.

It's like how can you argue or dislike geelongs success when the architect of it is the same guy who was the architect of our original success and he was screwed out of his position here at WCE.

Essendon I can tolerate now that Jab is gone. Woosha as coach and they have young guns like Merrett and McDonald-Tipungwuti. Only a few left from the whole saga.

Geez reading some people's opinions on Smith & Warner is eye opening. You'd think they'd deliberately thrown a match for $$$$ or gone full Hansie Cronjie the way posters carry on. They took sandpaper to a ball, not exactly the same field as match fixing.
How do you know what their motivations were?

They cheated, they premeditated the whole thing and roped in a junior member of the team to do their dirty work.

Get out.

The thing that pisses me off the most about the whole Bombers thing is that they are treated as victims by both the media and the AFL. At no point has anyone taking personal responsibility for this whole saga. Its a ******* joke.
it is but it is the Vic media bubble, there are more ...... outside Vic prisons than inside

Geez reading some people's opinions on Smith & Warner is eye opening. You'd think they'd deliberately thrown a match for $$$$ or gone full Hansie Cronjie the way posters carry on. They took sandpaper to a ball, not exactly the same field as match fixing.

They didn't help themselves by Bancrofts comedy club attempts to conceal said evidence in jockstrap, Bancroft blatantly lying to the Umps about what he had in pocket (obviously seen to many LORs movies) and then Smith and Bancroft blatantly lying about it being sandpaper.

If Bancroft had simply handed the scratchy over to the Umps and Smith hadn't adopted then the new generational approach of "I did wrong and I have learn't from my mistake and have moved on and so should you", the punishment may still have been the same but the public odium wouldn't have.

The thing about successful teams, they can treat their supporters like shit and they will keep coming back.

But when the tide turns, a fair portion of the same said fans will dump them on their arses (Keep this in mind WC hierarchy).

So angry at smith, warner and Co not because of what they did but because of the position they represent. They represent this entire country in sport and our cricket team historically has known for being hard at the man but never for cheating. To bring our nation shame and to drag our entire history into the mud disgusts me.

I grew up completely idolising Steve Waugh and Glenn Mcgrath. Not because they were the most talented but because they were hard mother****ers who stood for everything that i did. Even as a youngster i recognised Steve as being the less talented brother but his iron will, fortitude, courage under fire and leadership were things that even then made me proud to support them and be Australian.

The cricket team now disgusts me and disgraces all of us.

I want Simmons to win, but Donovan Mitchell probably still a very good chance anyway, him regularly getting 25 points or so almost every game would be hard to ignore. Depends on how the judges look at it.

Would say absolutley zero chance as of about a month or 2 ago. The voters would have to really reach for reasons not to give the award to Simmons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back