At the start of 2024 :

30 - Mihocek, Mitchell, Hoskin-Elliott, Adams, Crisp
31 - Elliott
32 - Cox
33 - Howe, Sidebottom (34 on 2/1)
35 - Pendlebury (36 on 7/1)

That’s 10 over 30

They’re not that young

And the three oldest on that list were among their best yesterday - especially Pendlebury and Sidebottom who were pivotal in the last quarter

I can easily see hoskin Elliot and Mitchel being dropped regularly next year

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha so your basically admitting to coming on here because where piss poor and stirring us up. Say no more😂
Where you been the last 19 months?

I’ve been a regular here since April last year. Admittedly not so much over the last couple of months.

And I was around a little for the 2021 draft, as Chesser was a genuine chance to land at Brisbane from some of the inside chatter I had heard.

I literally said in one of my first posts here, I’m here for the draft and trade chat, because I like following team rebuilds from the very bottom.

I follow the draft discussions on the draft board each year, and have done so since 2015/2016.

I like to believe I have a reasonable handle on the top half of most years draft class by this time of year, and a little understanding of next year’s draft crop as well.

I don’t mean to p!ss people off with my opinion or views, but I understand as an outsider, some of my views of where your club is at may not be popular here at times.

Nor have I pretended to have a good understanding of where your club is at off field. Early days I was asking a lot of questions, and posters like Monocle, Eastcoasteagle, AsterixTheGaul and numerous others provided valuable insights.

I also follow your “Non Eagles Discussion” thread, as I like to get an oppositions view of my own team.

I don’t take anything to heart in that thread, even if posters are p!ssing on my team or players from my team.

I value discussion. If you think I’m trolling, point out the exact passage and pull my up on it and let’s have a discussion.

I don’t pretend I’m some mastermind or anything. I’m not particularly good at articulating some things, nor am I generally a deep thinker. I can be friggin slow to think some things through.

But if I say something you believe is out of line, call me on it.

I don’t expect I’ll change your mind, similarly I don’t expect you to change my mind, but I’m open to different view points.

It's a strange look, can't imagine the club is too pleased. Would there be any legal issues? I can't imagine an Eagles or Dockers player wearing the other's gear to support a mate. But hey, there used to be the tradition of jumper swapping at grand finals too.

I think people need to chill out a bit , I remember Tommy Hawkins was pictured wearing an eagles jumper during the 2015 grand final because he was supporting his mate Xavier Ellis , and nothing was said about it.

They should have hired him to lurk in the corridor outside the Pies rooms and sit on the Lions' bench during the game.

And for an extra few grand he'll also lean over and whisper something in the coach's ear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a regular here since April last year. Admittedly not so much over the last couple of months.

And I was around a little for the 2021 draft, as Chesser was a genuine chance to land at Brisbane from some of the inside chatter I had heard.

I literally said in one of my first posts here, I’m here for the draft and trade chat, because I like following team rebuilds from the very bottom.

I follow the draft discussions on the draft board each year, and have done so since 2015/2016.

I like to believe I have a reasonable handle on the top half of most years draft class by this time of year, and a little understanding of next year’s draft crop as well.

I don’t mean to p!ss people off with my opinion or views, but I understand as an outsider, some of my views of where your club is at may not be popular here at times.

Nor have I pretended to have a good understanding of where your club is at off field. Early days I was asking a lot of questions, and posters like Monocle, Eastcoasteagle, AsterixTheGaul and numerous others provided valuable insights.

I also follow your “Non Eagles Discussion” thread, as I like to get an oppositions view of my own team.

I don’t take anything to heart in that thread, even if posters are p!ssing on my team or players from my team.

I value discussion. If you think I’m trolling, point out the exact passage and pull my up on it and let’s have a discussion.

I don’t pretend I’m some mastermind or anything. I’m not particularly good at articulating some things, nor am I generally a deep thinker. I can be friggin slow to think some things through.

I don’t expect I’ll change your mind, similarly I don’t expect you to change my mind, but I’m open to different view points.
I am usually happy with briztoon and just occasionally have to call out the odd piss poor post🤓

Piss poor post from you Brizkent, well below your usual level.

:moustache:

6F9E7DD7-727F-4108-9F1D-5801438CE5B6.jpeg

Rent free in this eggplants head

Stupid campaigner is fortunate he even got to play in the GF after he could’ve/should’ve been rubbed out for the Brayshaw shirtfront

Hopefully he finally ****ing shuts up about it now.

I think 95 percent of what you say is well reasoned and insightful and from a personal perspective I welcome differing points off view and in particular your in-depth analysis.

However I have seen you cross the line on the odd occasion with a misplaced laugh emoji or a random off the cuff comment.

An example would be when you said the board has a mentality of entitlement. Regardless of whether there’s an air of truth to it, it’s generally good manners when invited around for dinner not to tell someone their food tastes horrible.

There’s more tactful ways to make the same observation in a less confronting way.

I genuinely hope you take this with a modicum of objective criticism because I don’t want you to leave the board but I do think Briztoon you are also quick to call a spade a spade from your point of view regardless of the consequences or reaction to it.

At the end of the day this board is a sanctum for Eagles supporters. If we are not allowed to have our delusions of grandeur or moments of unchecked hope and optimism in here then where exactly can we?

Please just be mindful of that from time to time 😊

Last edited:
Probably means contractual issues.

Far be it from me to be a corporate shill, but if my company is the main reason Robbie Fox earns $400(ish)K a year, I'm probably not gonna be too impressed with him rocking the logos of a different corporation.
Don't think it would be contractual or legal.
More like "What the hell were you thinking" issues.

I know some on here aren't bothered by it, but I'd be filthy if one if our players did it.

I think 95 percent of what you say is well reasoned and insightful and from a personal perspective I welcome differing points off view and in particular your in-depth analysis.

However I have seen you cross the line on the odd occasion with a misplaced laugh emoji or a random off the cuff comment.

An example would be when you said the board has a mentality of entitlement. Regardless of whether there’s an air of truth to it, it’s generally good manners when invited around for dinner not to tell someone their food tastes horrible.

There’s more tactful ways to make the same observation in a less confronting way.

I genuinely hope you take this with a modicum of objective criticism because I don’t want you to leave the board but I do think Briztoon you are also quick to call a spade a spade from your point of view regardless of the consequences or reaction to it.

At the end of the day this board is a sanctum for Eagles supporters. If we are not allowed to have our delusions of grandeur or moments of unchecked hope and optimism in here then where exactly can we?

Please just be mindful of that from time to time 😊
Nah, that’s all fair.

On the bolded, I know that’s a big failing of mine, but often in the moment I don’t see it.

I know I’m only active in three threads, and don’t read anything else on here, so I should realise my view of your board is only a small slice, and may not be indicative of the board as a whole, and the comments of some shouldn’t be reflective of all.

View attachment 1819526

Rent free in this eggplants head

Stupid campaigner is fortunate he even got to play in the GF after he could’ve/should’ve been rubbed out for the Brayshaw shirtfront

Hopefully he finally ******* shuts up about it now.
Honestly anyone that was watching that GF and wanted Collingwood to win needs their head checked. This sort of carry on after the match was fully expected and why I was sitting there supporting Brisbane like it was the blue and gold playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back