Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions fans need to head over to the Port and/or Crows boards to learn how to melt. They are embarrassingly calm and it's annoying.

I'm melting considerably harder than they are.

Rayner is in the same category as one R Tambling
Some awfully good players later in that draft.

Andy
Taylor
Allen
LDU
Naughton
Cerra
a bunch of others I can't remember that are clearly better than Rayner.

The Lions fans need to head over to the Port and/or Crows boards to learn how to melt. They are embarrassingly calm and it's annoying.

I'm melting considerably harder than they are.

Some awfully good players later in that draft.

Andy
Taylor
Allen
LDU
Naughton
Cerra
a bunch of others I can't remember that are clearly better than Rayner.
Failure of talent identification, or failure of development?

The thing that sticks in my craw about Brisbane is the percentage of players they have from other clubs, or from other means.

Failure of talent identification, or failure of development?

The thing that sticks in my craw about Brisbane is the percentage of players they have from other clubs, or from other means.
No idea. He's doesn't even really look like one of those super talented players that hasn't come on or don't try (Stringer etc). A decent roleplayer with the odd A grade performance.

You're right about other club players. And thinking about it, given how many of their best players are from alternate sources, I suspect the Rayner call was just bad talent ID.

Fagan is a billion times more painful to listen to than JL.
I’m recording his post match presser in case I have trouble falling asleep in the near future

Hipwood cost them the game, especially that dropped chest mark. He was putrid

He is s**t. I have no idea how he is on an AFL list other than the fact he is tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1711627518274.gif
Lachie Neale premiership chops.

Thanks for nothing Brisbane. That was putrid. The Pies didn't even play well. Looked like two bottom 6 sides to me. I reckon both will be nowhere near it at the end of the year.

Hipwood was beyond terrible. One of the worst games I have ever seen. I would even say that if the current version of Taberner was playing for Brisbane, then Brisbane win. That's how bad Hopwood was.

Devon Robertson is lucky to be on an AFL list with his atrocious skills. Would be a great pick up for the Egos.
Reminder that a fair portion of freo fans wanted us to pick him instead of Caleb Serong back in 2019 draft with pick 8. Can you just imagine how calamitous that would have been?

That Chris Read bloke on freo Twitter wanted us to select Robertson and Sharp with picks 7 and 8 instead of Caleb and Youngy!

Why I never pass heed to BF posters getting attached to u18 after watching a few YouTube highlights.

Agree, but it's never been an issue for me with Longmuir.

Getting to a GF to me means Fagan had justified his position as coach, but if I was Brisbane I'd move on now. Well, end of the year that is.
Not sure he has, squandered his position I would argue. They've had golden opportunities included a covid era home GF at the Gabba and still ****ed it.

Rayner was actually decent tonight I thought. Nothing like an Andy or Caleb decent but by his standards he did some good things.
He was completely invisible in the grand final and when we turned it around two weeks ago. Just consistently inconsistent, would struggle to crack the top 20 in a 2017 re-draft

Brisbanes forwards were hopeless below their knees, unbelievable amount of fumbles for a professional team & so many missed opportunities. Neale spends hours on this & he must be getting very frustrated with his teammates…………….reckon he’s been there before.
Also did anyone notice N Daicos quickly smack the ball on his boot at the end of one of the quarters to try to add a stat?

Rayner is an almost player. He has the physical attributes, looks exciting and the commentators love calling his name but in terms of actually kicking goals etc it just doesn't happen.

Kind of like Naughton. For all the spectacular jumps at the footy he doesn't kick a whole lot of goals for a key forward. Let alone a key forward who plays under the roof and has the quality of delivery we've been told about. Rayner would fit in down there.

The juxtaposition to these guys is someone like Kyle Langford. How he keeps kicking goals each week has me baffled. He has average physical attributes but somehow each week he gets seperation on the lead, marks the ball and kicks the goal.

Rayner is an almost player. He has the physical attributes, looks exciting and the commentators love calling his name but in terms of actually kicking goals etc it just doesn't happen.

Kind of like Naughton. For all the spectacular jumps at the footy he doesn't kick a whole lot of goals for a key forward. Let alone a key forward who plays under the roof and has the quality of delivery we've been told about. Rayner would fit in down there.

The juxtaposition to these guys is someone like Kyle Langford. How he keeps kicking goals each week has me baffled. He has average physical attributes but somehow each week he gets seperation on the lead, marks the ball and kicks the goal.
Langford reminds me of Hughes. Just a no nonsense player who is fit and can mark, gets involved. The switch from defence to forward is a huge win.

Naughton. He’s actually a B grader in disguise tbh. He’s just that much better than Hipwood. Both have loads of potential talent. Just s**t footballers on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back