Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

With pick 1 you're really hoping for more than decent though. A graders are pretty rare with pick 1 which is an interesting quirk.
They are hitting the mark more in recent times I feel.
Walsh
Rowell
Jamarra
JHF

all well on track to be A grade.
Too early to say for Cadman or Reid yet

Has to under current rules.
But because he’s pendles, and because he’s colonwood he’ll likely get a fine
Have to quote myself here - could see it a mile away. So basically the AFL is saying you’re allowed to blatantly and intentionally whack someone, the action is fine, just hope you don’t hurt them that bad…..

Or they’re saying you can’t, but if you’re scott pendlebury from colloingwood it’s ok.

Have to quote myself here - could see it a mile away. So basically the AFL is saying you’re allowed to blatantly and intentionally whack someone, the action is fine, just hope you don’t hurt them that bad…..

Or they’re saying you can’t, but if you’re scott pendlebury from colloingwood it’s ok.
It matters who you play for or if you're marketable.

The action doesn't matter if you wear the right guernsey.

Media is running with the Brisbane Lions Las Vegas trip rumour that has totally ****ed up the club.

I'm fairly sure Sam McLure heard it first from the bigfooty rumours page

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say Lachie Neale’s comments after their first game about ‘shitting on their teammates’ goes a bit deeper than that game.
He’d be absolutely mortified with what’s going on & seeing his chances of a flag slipping away.

They are so chock full of talent, it’s a disgrace they were gifted those compo picks from the AFL. Lucky they aren’t old enough to run over sides yet (hope they can today though)
They’ve proven how wasteful they are and the PP is a joke. Should have been forced to move to Tasmania.

I’d say Lachie Neale’s comments after their first game about ‘shitting on their teammates’ goes a bit deeper than that game.
He’d be absolutely mortified with what’s going on & seeing his chances of a flag slipping away.
Perhaps, he should have bloody stayed then.

Strange that north have not drafted any elite talks with all the picks they have had?
Comben might make a difference and yes, Logue is injured but they are lacking big time in that space.
Larkey will be in his 30s by the time these young kids hit their straps

Strange that north have not drafted any elite talks with all the picks they have had?
Comben might make a difference and yes, Logue is injured but they are lacking big time in that space.
Larkey will be in his 30s by the time these young kids hit their straps

Surprised they didn't go for Curtain but Duursma is supposedly early Fyfe-like (the half forward Fyfe).

Observation from watching the Crows more closely (because they played us). They've clearly changed the gameplan from last year. I suspect because they couldn't defend for **** and won games by shootout with Tex playing a worldy.

Now they can defend, but they can't move the ball and their one strength is mostly nullified. That and Tex looks human again.

I get that they had to defend better to be a serious team, but I think they've gone too far the other way.

Observation from watching the Crows more closely (because they played us). They've clearly changed the gameplan from last year. I suspect because they couldn't defend for **** and won games by shootout with Tex playing a worldy.

Now they can defend, but they can't move the ball and their one strength is mostly nullified. That and Tex looks human again.

I get that they had to defend better to be a serious team, but I think they've gone too far the other way.
Great observations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back