Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

We are one of the best off ball system teams in the League.

We underestimate how good our team defence is.

Players can only cover so much space, you can't be strong everywhere. Once we decide to settle deep, clubs might as well limp the ball to the F50 arc. Going fast into our zone just gives us the ball back.

Players can only cover so much space, you can't be strong everywhere. Once we decide to settle deep, clubs might as well limp the ball to the F50 arc. Going fast into our zone just gives us the ball back.
Masterful coaching by Scott as usual this year …we are going to badly miss him when he eventually goes

They are the same poster just endless Benny’s …in any case you all know who I am talking about
video games wii GIF

CAPTAIN FALCON!

Made even worse by them dumping a similar player for less.
Exactly.

When we were winning the Premiership we were still bringing in Henry, Bruhn, Bowes, Clark etc.

We knew we needed to keep rejuvenating while our window was open. We didn’t grab players in positions of strength, we grabbed guys in position of need. We needed young versatile mids and a mid sized forward who could replace Rohan long term. We got that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 free kicks in our game vs Carlton last week.

19 thus far tonight, and there's still 6 minutes to go in the 1st half.

Different type of game. These teams have put a brick wall between them and are taking turns banging their heads against it

Exactly.

When we were winning the Premiership we were still bringing in Henry, Bruhn, Bowes, Clark etc.

We knew we needed to keep rejuvenating while our window was open. We didn’t grab players in positions of strength, we grabbed guys in position of need. We needed young versatile mids and a mid sized forward who could replace Rohan long term. We got that.

I don't think our moves where that obvious, we did the best we could with what we had and what was available, all it cost was a Collingwood premiership.

They're both making so many mistakes back to back, that a goal becomes inevitable, its a coin flip to decide who gets it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back