Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans a long way ahead of everyone else atm. Fantastic team to watch atm.
You can make a case they have the best midfield in the league since everything they do is so damaging. Heeney, Warner, and Gulden have combined for nearly 40 goals. No slow movement or sideways chip kicks. All about getting as much value from every touch as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can make a case they have the best midfield in the league since everything they do is so damaging. Heeney, Warner, and Gulden have combined for nearly 40 goals. No slow movement or sideways chip kicks. All about getting as much value from every touch as possible.
I still think their forward line is their weakness, then again with a midfield like that I don’t think it’s going to be exposed too much this year

I still think their forward line is their weakness, then again with a midfield like that I don’t think it’s going to be exposed too much this year
You are right, but you don't really need a powerful forward line to win a flag, and they have a fairly even well balanced one. We won 3 flags with a mostly above average forward line but had a gun midfield that was damaging and gave them great service and could kick goals themselves.

I said last year this Carlton side reminds me of North under Brad Scott in the mid 2010s.
Good enough to make a preliminary final or two but just not good enough to make a grand final, let alone win a flag.
Cook certainly has his work cut out for him.

Plus they each have elite disposal skills. They have Parker in the background. That skill-set separates them from other brilliant midfields like Blues & Demons

Plus they each have elite disposal skills. They have Parker in the background.
They are a much better side with Parker in the magoos.

Their midfield is now full of speed, precise skill and top notch decision makers. Parker was a gun, but a hack forward territory player. Trust me, I've talked to Swans supporters whose position is this.

The Parker (missing, but a blessing in disguise) swap for Heeney in midfield ignited their season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back