Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly poor form wishing injury on a player.

He is a very good player though and it will be one less thing to worry about
He already took the hit. I'm just hoping the protocols keep him out. He's a good player and we've got a better chance if he's on the sidelines.

Woohoo, I got a tip correct :p

1716712189484.png

I was hoping the trend would continue today - Brisbane hasn't beaten Hawthorn since 2019, and good to see it'll be another year that they go without a win against them

No finals wins since 2015, whatever curve it is they're on I don't want a part of it.

I haven't been able to watch many games this season, so it's hard to get a feel of where our respective lists are at.

That said, Hawthorn seem to be somewhat competitive whereas we're struggling atm. Hence my question.

I haven't been able to watch many games this season, so it's hard to get a feel of where our respective lists are at.

That said, Hawthorn seem to be somewhat competitive whereas we're struggling atm. Hence my question.

They appear to be in a purple patch playing above themselves.

We're in a bit of a rut. Nothing more nothing less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goodness me, we may have dropped 4 on the bounce, but 3 of those have been to top 6 teams and by under 10 points.
It is hardly the sky is falling stuff... We have lots of issues and things to work on... and we still could easily have won 3 of those 4 games.

goodness me, we may have dropped 4 on the bounce, but 3 of those have been to top 6 teams and by under 10 points.
It is hardly the sky is falling stuff... We have lots of issues and things to work on... and we still could easily have won 3 of those 4 games.

Agreed.

Hard to get a read from mostly final scores only.

I'm seeing snippets of games, and not a moment of any Hawthorn games.

I've loved the little bit I've seen of Conway....we have the pillar of our next mf right there.

so many emotions with that....encouraging, frustrating, disappointing.

These are relative terms. Hawthorn are competing well for a team sitting 14th. We're "struggling" in 6th

so many emotions with that....encouraging, frustrating, disappointing.
yeah and we probably have been flattered by the margins in 2 of those loses, that said... we also had put ourselves back in a position to win those games. I am also not in anyway suggesting we don't have issues mind you, just need to look with the proper perspective.. Things could be much much worse

yeah and we probably have been flattered by the margins in 2 of those loses, that said... we also had put ourselves back in a position to win those games. I am also not in anyway suggesting we don't have issues mind you, just need to look with the proper perspective.. Things could be much much worse
Even with a measured approach I’m still filthy and worried about the list at this stage. It things can turn very quickly in either directions …this however still feels very familiar to another year we had where things were very much like this result wise anyway

Even with a measured approach I’m still filthy and worried about the list at this stage. It things can turn very quickly in either directions …this however still feels very familiar to another year we had where things were very much like this result wise anyway
I might be mellowing as i am getting older, but I think there are more important things in life to be filthy about personally. It is just footy, and we have been unbelievably blessed with what we have seen in my 40ish years, so potentially even if the sky was falling i wouldn't be too wound up about it :shrug:

(this isn't a dig at anyone mind you, people are entitled to be as filthy as they like about it, my point is that maybe I am seeing things differently to others)

I might be mellowing as i am getting older, but I think there are more important things in life to be filthy about personally. It is just footy, and we have been unbelievably blessed with what we have seen in my 40ish years, so potentially even if the sky was falling i wouldn't be too wound up about it :shrug:

(this isn't a dig at anyone mind you, people are entitled to be as filthy as they like about it, my point is that maybe I am seeing things differently to others)
It’s not an all consuming filthy just a dirty dissapointment at the last few games results for what could had set up the season ..at worse it’ll build a good base for next year with the kids getting more gametime pumped into them but if there were ever a year to pinch it …it could well had been this one

It’s not an all consuming filthy just a dirty dissapointment at the last few games results for what could had set up the season ..at worse it’ll build a good base for next year with the kids getting more gametime pumped into them but if there were ever a year to pinch it …it could well had been this one

It's highly likely we're not good enough to pinch it anyway. But if we are good enough there's no reason the last few weeks really changes anything.

We're the same win-loss as at this point in 2022. If we're good enough to get on a run then the last month won't mean anything come finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back