Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah fortunately Conway was good around the ground. Really the only option we have this back is to bring back Stanley because Neale and Conway will get bodied by Nankervis.

I'd prefer to play Conway and back him in until he needs a rest. Stanley is more competitive in the contests still but was really struggling around the ground. If we can't beat Richmond with Conway in the ruck we've got much bigger issues.

I think there's a good chance if we somehow make it to finals that Blicavs as number 1 ruck is actually our best option but we can't flog him in that role all year.

I'd prefer to play Conway and back him in until he needs a rest. Stanley is more competitive in the contests still but was really struggling around the ground. If we can't beat Richmond with Conway in the ruck we've got much bigger issues.

I think there's a good chance if we somehow make it to finals that Blicavs as number 1 ruck is actually our best option but we can't flog him in that role all year.
Which is frustrating in itself because his best games this season is when he is solely playing as a midfielder.

It was said in jest and why not, let’s not be too serious
It is not the first time that particular poster has questioned Stanley’s heart.

I highly doubt it was said in jest.

Stanley for all his faults has been a great servant of the club, and has played a selfless often thankless role. He deserves a bit more respect.

Stanley for all his faults has been a great servant of the club, and has played a selfless often thankless role. He deserves a bit more respect.
Ummm yes it has been the first time I jested it but thanks for your concern on the topic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been a great servant of the club and an all round nice guy who is incredibly thoughtful and articulate.

And the duality of life is that he has also done some incredibly dumb, laugh out loud things on the football field. Its all subjective of course, but I had a laugh when I saw the original post.

Now do GC and Carlton get punished by the umpires for daring to voice their concern? Or will they just make an example of Geelong and ping us for 30 holding the balls this weekend....

I can see us getting pinged after we get tackled a nanosecond after gaining possession on Saturday night. We've copped frees like that against us before - can remember a few times Cam Guthrie has been pinged in such a fashion a few years ago.

Anyone surprised at this?

Beat me to it

Though I did stop to check what his punishment was for his efforts earlier this season... Will he be suspended this time?

Still not sure he's the right option for North - appointed on reputation, and maybe being down the bottom of the ladder is bringing out the worst in him

Beat me to it

Though I did stop to check what his punishment was for his efforts earlier this season... Will he be suspended this time?

Still not sure he's the right option for North - appointed on reputation, and maybe being down the bottom of the ladder is bringing out the worst in him

They'll be down for another decade at this rate. The first few years after Tasmania joins will be a nervous period for them. They could fold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back