Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched a lot of the games over the first 3 weeks and for me the most impressive teams have been the Giants, Swans and I thought the Saints have been really good even in their loss to the Cats they had some really good spells.

All 3 great with their pressure and intensity, we need that in spades next Thursday.

Watched a lot of the games over the first 3 weeks and for me the most impressive teams have been the Giants, Swans and I thought the Saints have been really good even in their loss to the Cats they had some really good spells.

All 3 great with their pressure and intensity, we need that in spades next Thursday.

Thankfully though the season is a marathon and not a sprint.

Yeah you’re right. Must be a terrible list for this reason. Hawthorn would never have an old guy playing reserves
Yeo hasn't been able to stay on the field over the last 3 seasons due to injury.

McGovern is almost cooked.

Gaff is cooked.

Barrass revealed the extent of his back injury over the offseason, one more bad knock and he said he's probably done.

Liam Ryan still weeks away after preseason hamstring surgery on his right hamstring. After having hamstring surgery on his left hamstring part way through last season.

Dom Sheed is weeks away, after a hot spot flared up in the same foot as last season, that saw him miss chunks of last year.

Oscar Allen headed for arthroscopic surgery, possibly misses at least half the season. Missed all of 2022 after preseason surgery.

Campbell Chesser (2021 draft) had ankle surgery in his first preseason, missed his first year, then missed most of his second season as well. Only just now getting games.

Elijah Hewett (2022 draft) going for sesamoiditis surgery in one foot, has the condition in both feet.

Ruben Ginbey (2022 draft) looks like Ely Smith out there. Very big boy, but has no clue in the midfield.

Coby Burgiel (2022 draft) has had repeated hamstring injuries and has barley played a WAFL game, let alone an AFL since being drafted.

They have almost no one of note aged between 22 and 28 on their list, apart from Oscar Allen and Liam Duggan. Everyone else in that age group are constantly in and out of the team based on form and injuries to other players.

They have 22 players under 22, and almost no one can name any of them, apart from Harley Reid.

Essendon forward line looks well organized to run back all the way to defensive arc. Stringer, Gresham, Menzies keep popping up in D50 arc to provide relief option.

The Travis Cloke runner thing was hilarious. I didn’t know which team the runner was from initially and thought jeez he’s getting involved!

Yeo hasn't been able to stay on the field over the last 3 seasons due to injury.

McGovern is almost cooked.

Gaff is cooked.

Barrass revealed the extent of his back injury over the offseason, one more bad knock and he said he's probably done.

Liam Ryan still weeks away after preseason hamstring surgery on his right hamstring. After having hamstring surgery on his left hamstring part way through last season.

Dom Sheed is weeks away, after a hot spot flared up in the same foot as last season, that saw him miss chunks of last year.

Oscar Allen headed for arthroscopic surgery, possibly misses at least half the season. Missed all of 2022 after preseason surgery.

Campbell Chesser (2021 draft) had ankle surgery in his first preseason, missed his first year, then missed most of his second season as well. Only just now getting games.

Elijah Hewett (2022 draft) going for sesamoiditis surgery in one foot, has the condition in both feet.

Ruben Ginbey (2022 draft) looks like Ely Smith out there. Very big boy, but has no clue in the midfield.

Coby Burgiel (2022 draft) has had repeated hamstring injuries and has barley played a WAFL game, let alone an AFL since being drafted.

They have almost no one of note aged between 22 and 28 on their list, apart from Oscar Allen and Liam Duggan. Everyone else in that age group are constantly in and out of the team based on form and injuries to other players.

They have 22 players under 22, and almost no one can name any of them, apart from Harley Reid.

Who are the gun young kids Hawks had out there today helping them manage to kick 5 goals?

Who are the gun young kids Hawks had out there today helping them manage to kick 5 goals?
Wont say anything about Hawks, Mitchell has worked out the formula to beat us. Take possession against Lions and make them defend, once it becomes constant full pelt chasing Lions will burn out quickly. Its like a 101 method of beating us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans are looking very strong this year .
Yep, they have a good core maturing together for midfield. Buddy retiring looks like a blessing after all, they have Logan McDonald, McLean and Armatey establishing themselves in that forward line. Looks like 2012 line up before Buddy arrived, lot of solid hardworking grunt players with good game plan.

Spoken to a few people this weekend who agree that the opening round palava has been shite for the flow of the comp across the first month with teams having byes, other teams not playing the first week. I don’t see how the AFL could say it’s been a success.

To be honest question why not just make that opening round a split round then with the eight teams that played one another in the northern markets play each other in round two to remove inconsistency of playing an opponent that played the second week of the split round. That way the season just flows than all these shortened rounds and teams like us and Blues sitting idle for a weekend this early in the season.

Spoken to a few people this weekend who agree that the opening round palava has been shite for the flow of the comp across the first month with teams having byes, other teams not playing the first week. I don’t see how the AFL could say it’s been a success.

To be honest question why not just make that opening round a split round then with the eight teams that played one another in the northern markets play each other in round two to remove inconsistency of playing an opponent that played the second week of the split round. That way the season just flows than all these shortened rounds and teams like us and Blues sitting idle for a weekend this early in the season.
Agree, another thing I don't like about it is that the ladder is all stuffed up with the Oh round participants having their byes spread out over rounds 2 to 6.

By shortened rounds you mean 8 games instead of 9?

I don’t see how it makes a difference

Definitely doesn’t help to even out the fixture but doesn’t make it much worse

I think if we were still struggling to sell tickets we’d love the idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back