Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The official phrasing is "genuine attempt".
That sounds like junior footy. It then opens it up for further biases in that the umps will look at for the protected species type players and then ping the no name players from the smaller clubs. You have to laugh that that ump on 360 bangs on about respect yet this is what they say. HTB is actually one of the easiest frees to award if you’re interpreting the rules so then you have to ask, who is really meddling and directing the umps and I have no doubt a lot of the umps are just blatantly bias. What a train wreck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That umpire who was explaining the htb rules on whatever program it was, in explaining the decision process actually highlighted why they get so many wrong.

Did he have prior? Oh maybe he didn’t? was that just knocked out?
Mmm I’m still stewing on the prior a bit though.

Meanwhile the balls since been moved on, the afl ultimately want it moved on.
Result = play on.
Too many looking for cues and not having feel for the game.

I called it at about the 5 minute mark of that last term. The Dees pressure increased slightly and Carlton structure collapsed.

They're a borderline fraudulent team. Can't handle pressure. One trick poneys in the middle. Getting a massive ride with the umpires every game.

Carlton's winning a few close ones the way Collingwood did when they started out.

I think they've got a reasonable enough team ,a dream draw and the media and AFL behind them ,they're going to be up there this year.

The official phrasing is "genuine attempt".
There is the problem, it is so subjective, players would be practicing how to deliberately drop(genuinely attempt :rolleyes: ) the ball to the advantage of their team.

The rules should be as simple/black and white as possible, easy if you have had prior opportunity and you do not dispose of it correctly it is a free against you, unless it falls out to the advantage of the tackling team, if it falls out ie dropped out into a neutral position it is still a free against.

Yes. Only if they haven't had prior opportunity.
It's absolute madness.
if you have had no prior opportunity and a tackler pins one of your arms and you struggle it's a free.
No prior is no prior , it's not that hard, should not be a free.
Then we have players getting off when they have had more than five steps , tackler tackles them and the ball gets knocked out, should be incorrect disposal , no brainer right.
ah ah ah, it's a lottery 50/50 call play on or free.
I watched this game and it was appauling the number of throws, incorrect disposals , really bad , push in the backs.
Play a free ,and the rolling maul will stop, players will disperse from the area.
This is why there is a massive problem with the maul, play is allowed to just go on .
No need for new rules just call them as they are , why we are here is mind boggling.
Ruining most games .

You feel like Carlton are going to get a Bulldogs 2016 like run to the flag this year. That dangerous tackle was a shocking, and in the end, a hugely important wrong decision.
I've been saying that since Opening Round. It is Carltons year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back