Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

DeGoey puts the Pies up by 4 then the umpires make a blunder that robs their opponent of their last roll of the dice… sounds familiar somehow.
I think the theory that the umpire missed the first bounce by Rankine has merit.

Otherwise it really was a red hot call.

Maybe late 2021 Charlie but Rankine is getting dangerous in the midfield and still kicking 2-3.

If Rankine can keep up his form then I'd definitely think there's a case to be made, but his inconsistencies is what holds him back from putting him in Charlie's level at his peak. Loads of talent, just a matter of whether he can find consistency.

If Rankine can keep up his form then I'd definitely think there's a case to be made, but his inconsistencies is what holds him back from putting him in Charlie's level at his peak. Loads of talent, just a matter of whether he can find consistency.

That is correct but irrelevant to the discussion. The original post was wanting Charlie to do what Rankine is doing know not his form over the past several years

That is correct but irrelevant to the discussion. The original post was wanting Charlie to do what Rankine is doing know not his form over the past several years

The same could be said for any of our out of form players in comparison to in form players.

Why are we comparing Rankine and Charlie? Playing totally different roles.

Charlie's been consistently the best pure small forward in the last five years - or second if you count Toby Greene who I'd call medium.

Rankine's been awesome playing the mid-forward role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we comparing Rankine and Charlie? Playing totally different roles.

Charlie's been consistently the best pure small forward in the last five years - or second if you count Toby Greene who I'd call medium.

Rankine's been awesome playing the mid-forward role.
I made a comment after Rankines cracker today that I hope Charlie’s watching and thinking, I can do better than that. Big round for the indigenous boys, hoping Charles puts on a show for us.

I believe there is merit in what Nathan Barley is saying.

Rankine starting to have more impact on a game than Cameron. He was put into the midfield in that second half and was instrumental in Adelaide almost winning that game.

Cameron benefits from the midfield getting him the ball. Rankine was having a N.Daicos like game, directing the game for the Crows, while still being a threat in forward 50.

I believe there is merit in what Nathan Barley is saying.

Rankine starting to have more impact on a game than Cameron. He was put into the midfield in that second half and was instrumental in Adelaide almost winning that game.

Cameron benefits from the midfield getting him the ball. Rankine was having a N.Daicos like game, directing the game for the Crows, while still being a threat in forward 50.

They don't play the same role though. Would say a comparison with Bailey is more appropriate than with Cameron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back