Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure if anyone watched the Melbourne game. I know we have had our woes scoring this season, but I still back us in to churn scores if we get into a bind against lesser opposition like WCE. Whereas Melbourne cannot score so can't afford to get too far behind in games.

That's really strange.

The teams that win the most games usually have the highest percentage because they win enough close ones against good opposition and belt inferior teams.

Clearly for whatever reason that's out the window this year.
Shows how close the season is really and no real standout other than Sydney currently.

One noticeable flaw in the graphic has the Saints as the 18th rated team in 2007….umm…not sure what the additional two teams were back then 😳
They were so bad they were behind a couple of the VFL teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty funny that the Crows and Saints are now the go-to club for agents to mention when trying to drive up the contract offers for their client.

Reckon both are batting at about 10% at actually getting quality players in they've been linked to - and the crows have both of them (Dawson and Rankine).

We give this mob a leg up by taking Doedee's contract off their books and here they go trying to dump it in 30 year old Yeo's dodgy groin, calf, hamstrings. The cycle continues.

Pretty funny that the Crows and Saints are now the go-to club for agents to mention when trying to drive up the contract offers for their client.

Reckon both are batting at about 10% at actually getting quality players in they've been linked to - and the crows have both of them (Dawson and Rankine).
St Kilda and their famous warchest have been the go-to for a while

How shite would North Melbourne supporters be feeling, if the club had been just a little smarter and better run club they would have 2 generational talents on their list right now... Harley Reid and Jason Horne-Francis.

Those 2 plus George Wardlaw and Harry Sheezel would of made a hell of a midfield quartet going forward.

Que sera sera. :(

How shite would North Melbourne supporters be feeling, if the club had been just a little smarter and better run club they would have 2 generational talents on their list right now... Harley Reid and Jason Horne-Francis.

Those 2 plus George Wardlaw and Harry Sheezel would of made a hell of a midfield quartet going forward.

I don't think they'd have had both of them.

Still, even JHF, Reid and Sheezel 👌👌👌

So you're saying with Horne Francis in their side they still finish last and have access to said players?
If memory serves right, Sheezel was drafted with a pick from the Horne Francis trade.

Last edited:
Probably not, didn't fully think through my post before clicking on Post reply, I can be a silly old fool sometimes.:shoutyoldman::(
Happy Love You GIF by Susanne Lamb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back