Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

I was all night strokin' me pussy. Mrs Slocum (Are you being served).

Not touching Love Thy Neighbor though. Or Till Death Us Do Part.

Mind your language

Benny Hill

Grew up on them all in our household in the 70’s as a kid.
That clip above is wtf but typical of every episode.
It is a dilemma judging today’s norms against norms of 50 years ago, but I suppose that is an essence of all history.

Mind your language

Benny Hill

It is a dilemma judging today’s norms against norms of 50 years ago, but I suppose that is an essence of all history.

The shows were all actually taking the piss out of racism, and without the absurd histrionics that accompany such topics today.

IMO, it's actually a better way to address such things.

The shows were all actually taking the piss out of racism, and without the absurd histrionics that accompany such topics today.

Agree. A character like Alf Garnett is a very effective way of making fun of certain traits without grandstanding.

Agree. A character like Alf Garnett is a very effective way of making fun of certain traits without grandstanding.

It works a hell of a lot better than this moronic stuff.

1579733162012.png

Mind your language

Benny Hill

One of the all time Peter Sellers greats The Party would never get made today... It's a masterpiece of comedy acting.

Num Num, birdie Num Num...

It was just the 70s version of virtue signalling. Everyone knows Eddie Booth was the first cuck on tv. In reality he's alone at the pub while his missus is next door having fun with the neighbours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was just the 70s version of virtue signalling. Everyone knows Eddie Booth was the first cuck on tv. In reality he's alone at the pub while his missus is next door having fun with the neighbours.
...not everyone. I was around 8-13 years old watching all these shows. I knew no better. Most of my mates were the same.

I grew up in a mixed race household so it was pretty obvious he was a *******. Just about every one of his mates thought so.

But commentators were still making jokes about Jimmy Krakouer being dark on umpiring decisions years after it was finished. So it didn't stop racism or anything. Especially here.

His next door neighbour had a remarkable amount of tolerence or control. He never once decked him. Probably came close.

However, it didn't employ the oft used sitcom cliche of the slow-witted, boorish, fat campaigner with the inexplicably hot wife.
411full.jpg

Is it just me ?

Saw 1917 at the flicks yesterday. Enjoyed, but, l really have trouble with pommy / yank accents nowadays. Scene in the truck ? Hardly caught a word.

Is it just me ?

Saw 1917 at the flicks yesterday. Enjoyed, but, l really have trouble with pommy / yank accents nowadays. Scene in the truck ? Hardly caught a word.

No probs for me.

Indians & Filipino's, however. I need a translator.

Whatever they say, just say yes. Worst case scenario is you end up with new low voltage lighting, solar power or a new energy provider.

.................and a 25 year mobile phone plan.

Is it just me ?

The cockney one is a shocker

But try watching Vikings; incomprehensible mashing of the Engvik language

Remove this Banner Ad

Back