News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the dogs.

They've been given s**t we haven't, allowed to have debt levels we haven't.

There's no speculation that their going to be shipped anywhere.

But no no, bump my posts outlining that all that shimmers ain't gold.

They wanted to take advantage of pensioners and it went **** up and they got bailed out.

We had a s**t stadium deal and the afl tried to kill us.

All hail the dogs. Everyone's second team can GAGF.

fb7ffe43f04bbf1e47828014c78b5491.gif

I see the GWS hand outs got first pick in the Women's AFL draft, how surprising:huh:
Won't matter. Collingwood will romp it in because of Hope.
Went to primary school with Moanna.
She's of kiwi heritage and was a year older, but she was tough. Banned from playing with younger year levels she was that good. I was scared of her haha
Luckily in this case we had no oval, just an asphalt softball pitch, so grazed knees and elbows were the norm and it helped toughen us all up much quicker.

Gifted with pure skills, she was prevented from playing footy from under 14s onwards due to her gender, but she was that good she could easily play local senior footy IMO if allowed to continue.

Absolutely no shock she has made it as marquee.

If only a club had partnered with them, helped them develop imagine how many more draftees they'd have had.

Lol. AFL, as usual, a complete f***ing joke of an organisation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Still very annoyed about seeing all this talent siphoned away to other teams.
I believe one of the reasons the AFL didn't grant us a licence is that we needed to do more in player development.
Nekminit 11 MUWFC girls get drafted. The AFL just MAKES s**t UP.
So very very pissed off.

Still very annoyed about seeing all this talent siphoned away to other teams.
I believe one of the reasons the AFL didn't grant us a licence is that we needed to do more in player development.
Nekminit 11 MUWFC girls get drafted. The AFL just MAKES s**t UP.
So very very pissed off.
Me too. I am trying to be happy for the players but every time I see the teams I feel like I won't give a rats until mine is there.

Well, Hearts to hearts, looks like we might have to wait a bit longer.

Clubs worried AFL will move goalposts on women's league and delay expansion
Caroline Wilson

The AFL now looks highly unlikely to expand its eight-team national women's competition until at least 2019 in a move which has placed it at odds with a number of losing bidder clubs who believe they have been misled.

Geelong and St Kilda, both granted provisional licences for 2018, told Fairfax Media they were working on the initial assumption that having narrowly missed fielding foundation women's teams they would be given that opportunity in year two of AFL Women's.

Both expressed fears their developing women's ranks would be preyed upon by the national licence holders before they were handed the opportunity to join the AFLW competition.

However AFLW boss Simon Lethlean confirmed the prevailing view was that the competition should be consolidated over two seasons with the fixture unlikely to expand beyond seven home-and-away rounds in 2018 and the game focused upon developing the growth of female talent over 2017 and 2018.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...ague-and-delay-expansion-20161209-gt80tn.html

Edit:
The other AFL club applicants, Richmond, Geelong, North Melbourne and St Kilda, along with the Eagles, have been granted provisional licences to be part of an expanded women's league in 2018, depending on development of the game in their areas. Source: AFL.com.au

Does the Geelong and St Kilda reference mean they're ahead of the queue if the expansion is more gradual, or that they were just the ones contacted?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more pissed off with this than anything else in recent memory. I really wanted a team.

Yeah. Agree. The epitome of sour grapes is that I don't really want my daughters to watch the AFLW yet. I don't want them watching Pies v Bulldogs and drifting slowly to another team because North doesn't have a team. I live in Melbourne's west and there is Bulldog stuff plastered everywhere as it is. And to hear that North may now have to wait till 2019 is a ****ing joke.

Well, Hearts to hearts, looks like we might have to wait a bit longer.

Clubs worried AFL will move goalposts on women's league and delay expansion
Caroline Wilson

The AFL now looks highly unlikely to expand its eight-team national women's competition until at least 2019 in a move which has placed it at odds with a number of losing bidder clubs who believe they have been misled.

Geelong and St Kilda, both granted provisional licences for 2018, told Fairfax Media they were working on the initial assumption that having narrowly missed fielding foundation women's teams they would be given that opportunity in year two of AFL Women's.

Both expressed fears their developing women's ranks would be preyed upon by the national licence holders before they were handed the opportunity to join the AFLW competition.

However AFLW boss Simon Lethlean confirmed the prevailing view was that the competition should be consolidated over two seasons with the fixture unlikely to expand beyond seven home-and-away rounds in 2018 and the game focused upon developing the growth of female talent over 2017 and 2018.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...ague-and-delay-expansion-20161209-gt80tn.html

Edit:

Does the Geelong and St Kilda reference mean they're ahead of the queue if the expansion is more gradual, or that they were just the ones contacted?

I think cats / saints are the clubs they spoke to about this story.

AFL is dodgy as the mafia

Yeah. Agree. The epitome of sour grapes is that I don't really want my daughters to watch the AFLW yet. I don't want them watching Pies v Bulldogs and drifting slowly to another team because North doesn't have a team. I live in Melbourne's west and there is Bulldog stuff plastered everywhere as it is. And to hear that North may now have to wait till 2019 is a ****ing joke.
The AFL has really limited the exposure to this concept by only having 8 of the 18 professional clubs represented in what is a tribal sport. The trouble is, what was their alternative? There obviously isn't enough talent to have that many teams and the last thing they can afford to do is roll out a poor product in the initial stages. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I'm 100% in your position and agree with your sentiments. At least we are semi-close to the 2nd biggest feeder team so maybe we can watch that. The comp will still be solid. My local girls team wear Collingwood jumpers and are called the Magpies. I would prefer to travel than risk any chance of them liking the Black & White jumper.

The AFL has really limited the exposure to this concept by only having 8 of the 18 professional clubs represented in what is a tribal sport. The trouble is, what was their alternative? There obviously isn't enough talent to have that many teams and the last thing they can afford to do is roll out a poor product in the initial stages. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Their alternative was to give North a team and tell everyone else to GAGF!!!!!!!!!

We don't need to give reasoned answers here!

Yes I'm in a similar boat. I'm a Committee member and assistant coach at the Diamond Creek Women's Football Club. We have 14 players with Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne & Footscray but I can't bring myself to go to any of these games but will watch on TV.

Yes I'm in a similar boat. I'm a Committee member and assistant coach at the Diamond Creek Women's Football Club. We have 14 players with Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne & Footscray but I can't bring myself to go to any of these games but will watch on TV.

Do you wear North colours?

Ah, nuts.

I learned a bit more about women's footy recently and it's pretty clear there isn't the talent pool for a bigger comp at this stage.

Still not at all happy about the way they have done it, but have a better appreciation of the initial limits. If North keeps doing the work at grass roots, it will come through with good support among women and girl players.

dont worry guys, no one is going to watch this comp. I am sure of it, 5 man and a couple of dogs go and see Womans premier league games in the UK I cant see this taking off, novelty will soon wear off.

Not a surprise. The initial promise of provisional licenses for the unsuccessful applicants reeked of condescension concealing the true and deceitful intent to have those clubs develop talent to bolster the 8 successful clubs. There was never any chance that the AFLW would expand in 2018. I doubt it will expand in 2019. And by the time it does, Essendon and Hawthorn will want in and the provisional licenses will be long forgotten.

Wear DCWFC colours to their games and events. Have worn North colours to training:). Wear North colours to North games and socially.

Sorry, I mean do DCWFC wear North colours?

I don't care what you wear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back