North Robbed

Remove this Banner Ad

North robbed? The title of this thread makes me laugh. Ever seen a game of footy before idiot?
The amount of times a game a free kick could have gone the other way is ridiculous, and did you even look at the scoreboard? Or is your lack of Intelligence due to your inability to decifer the difference
Between a higher or lesser number. If west coast had kicked at least an average ratio of goal to points your team would have gone down by 4-5 goals. Learn to get more inside 50 pocession before you make an idiotic thread. See you in finals, oh wait, you won't be there.

Since most are agruing a topic that is irrelivent i suggest people listen to the Audio. The free was not payed against Adams. Now please continue the discussion educated :)

Umpires were awful for both sides all game. That last quarter saw a lot of strange frees paid and that black "Mark" not. It pisses me off that such a great game with a spectacular finish is tarnished by the incompetence of umpires. We should be talking bout a great game but instead it's umpires.

If the game was decided by a Majak Daw mark and goal after the siren do you think the post-game focus on the umpires would be anywhere as great?

In the first 7 games of the year North received 26 more free kicks than anyone else.

The number 1 and 2 players for free kicks for in the first 7 games were Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas.

After North vs Port everyone was told to suck it up and the 38-15 free kick count didn't decide the game, yet here we are two weeks later with North fans complaining (again) about Selwood, Shuey etc. and the umpiring.

When the dust settles everyone will realise North choked from a winning position (just like we did a few weeks ago against Port) and that West Coast blew many, many chances and should've been in control of the game long before evil Adam Selwood was tackled high and Naitanui won the game.

If the game was decided by a Majak Daw mark and goal after the siren do you think the post-game focus on the umpires would be anywhere as great?

In the first 7 games of the year North received 26 more free kicks than anyone else.

The number 1 and 2 players for free kicks for in the first 7 games were Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas.

After North vs Port everyone was told to suck it up and the 38-15 free kick count didn't decide the game, yet here we are two weeks later with North fans complaining (again) about Selwood, Shuey etc. and the umpiring.

When the dust settles everyone will realise North choked from a winning position (just like we did a few weeks ago against Port) and that West Coast blew many, many chances and should've been in control of the game long before evil Adam Selwood was tackled high and Naitanui won the game.

Mate ill tell you right now, 65 tackles to 42, WC wanted it more. A team that wants it doesnt put themselves in a position where 1 decission matters.

Great game but the team that worked harder without the ball won and deserved to.

There were some s**t calls but the Shuey and Selwood ones were technically correct, even if they played for them.

How? The umpire on the spot even said that the tackle was ok. He paid the free for Swallow coming in and getting him high which replays show that his leg wasn't within 2 or 3 feet of Selwood's head.

It doesn't matter what has and hasn't been paid prior to that, that decision along with the sheer brilliance of Naitanui is what cost North. If there's no free kick, there's no Nic Nat mark.

Since most are agruing a topic that is irrelivent i suggest people listen to the Audio. The free was not payed against Adams. Now please continue the discussion educated :)
and you have pay money to once again have these idiots ruin a good game of football. I used to love this game now I rather watch local footy

Hilarious! North are a protected species all year and start multiple threads blaming umpires when a few go against them?

North robbed? The title of this thread makes me laugh. Ever seen a game of footy before idiot?
The amount of times a game a free kick could have gone the other way is ridiculous, and did you even look at the scoreboard? Or is your lack of Intelligence due to your inability to decifer the difference
Between a higher or lesser number. If west coast had kicked at least an average ratio of goal to points your team would have gone down by 4-5 goals. Learn to get more inside 50 pocession before you make an idiotic thread. See you in finals, oh wait, you won't be there.

Wasn't a North supporter who started the thread or gave it the title.

"The decision" was uploaded on the official North Melbourne channel? Of everything North did to f*** up that last quarter, they're highlighting "The" decision? West Coast were all over them, but no, let us review a dodgy free paid outside 50. So unlucky.

I'm completely shocked, but I think it comes from admiration. Not a hint of self-consciousness despite being the consistent recipient of some - to put it mildly - generous umpiring towards them all year. Zero shame. Respect.

WC were certainly aided by the umpiring throughout the night. But you have to expect that over there and just take the game by the scruff of the neck and win it. North yet again should have won but didn't impose themselves when they had to. They are leaning the hard way and mabes it will serve them in good stead ultimately.

Glenn Archer's 250th. Jason Ball gets pinged for deliberate out of bounds with the Swans up, free is on a very tight angle favouring a left footer; left footer Corey Jones comes over after being 3rd closest North player to the free, umpires fall for it and he kicks the winning goal. North fans sympathy on here? Zero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do North Melbourne fans continue to talk themselves up as a good football team. If you take away the port "win" they are sitting 2-6.

They have nothing to complain about this week, free was there.

There was one part in the third where every North player was going to the ball head first and with the head below as well as pointing straight at a WCE player's knees. Deliberate tactic designed to get a free if there ever was one. Once the smart replay is up I'll edit this post and add a link.

Eddy was on a high horse and went on and on about the Selwoods, not just Adam who got 2 frees for the entire game last night (total of 8 this year), but all 3 of them and completely ignored anyone that mentioned Swallow who got 1 last night for a total of 11 this year.
He went on and on and on about all three Selwood brothers being masters at the art of dropping the knee when tackled.

Question 1: Who are Collingwood playing tonight?
Question 2: Soapbox Eddie strikes again?

Glenn Archer's 250th. Jason Ball gets pinged for deliberate out of bounds with the Swans up, free is on a very tight angle favouring a left footer; left footer Corey Jones comes over after being 3rd closest North player to the free, umpires fall for it and he kicks the winning goal. North fans sympathy on here? Zero.

You decide to bring up a decision from almost a decade ago? From one that had no direct influence from a North player that night no less? (which the most level headed Eagles fan would agree last night, ones paid to WC were at least worthy of discussion)

I understand how some posters get wound up and carry a chip on their shoulder from oppo supporters (despite how petty and small minded it is) but if you're going to make a statement like that, back it up with fact and use a better example.

You decide to bring up a decision from almost a decade ago? From one that had no direct influence from a North player that night no less? (which the most level headed Eagles fan would agree last night, ones paid to WC were at least worthy of discussion)

I understand how some posters get wound up and carry a chip on their shoulder from oppo supporters (despite how petty and small minded it is) but if you're going to make a statement like that, back it up with fact and use a better example.
Oh, I don't know- the North fan argument was that Selwood pulled the wool over the eyes of the umpires, from memory the Swans fan argument was the same for Jones.

The free kick wasnt given for the intial tackle on Adam Selwood. It was given for a tackle made on Adam Selwood when he was on the ground and the 3 players were surrounding him. Umpires exact words are

"Nah nah you got him high in the second tackle on the ground"

The umpire said so during the broadcast yet no one picks it up. Given that this is the case why do I keep seeing footage of something the free kick wasnt actually paid for in Adam Selwoods duck?

Seems to me people dont understand the game at all, which makes the umpires jobs alot harder. Catering to the dimwits

A clear cut case of cheating/ducking winning a game. Bad luck North

I'd have sworn NicNat marked the ball fair & square then kicked a goal - thats how the game was won, not mindless bleating about a free kick.

The Eagles lost a game a couple of weeks on the last kick, not any free kick in the game.

The thing that really gets me is that North supporters think the Selwood free kick was outrageous, because it was paid for something after Selwood got clotheslined. Seriously, you think it's fine that no free kick is paid when someone's arm is around his neck, and then complain when a high is paid for an incident a second later, which might not have been there. Massive double standards.

Karma for Thomas diving?

Unfortunately this has haunted the club for a while. Is an indictment on the club he's leading our goal kicking yet the losses are stacking up. Club will never win the big games while relying on 'fake full forward' like Thomas that can't crumb well, gets in the way of the key forwards, flies for dumb marks, dives, plays dead, fakes injury after being killed in a one on one, can only tackle in a straight line (usually directly in the back and high), seeks the glory to the extent of sabotaging new forwards, has a putrid finals record.
Ever since his debut he's put a curse on Norths other small forwards. Shannon grant missing from the goal square when Thomas kicked 5 points against collingwood. Campbell, gone, Adams, Harper shot, Edwards, warren, even Cyril copped 2 months on the sidelines against north this year. North won't win finals with this magic Ben McKinley.

3 options for North-

1- teach him to crumb and play a team game

2- eradicate the diving, behind the play snipes, general inciting of blues when not getting a kick, arm flapping, whinging and teach him to tackle.

3- show him the door and not find themselves losing finals by narrow margins and regaining respect from the umpires and football community.

Yeah, this game that occurred in 2005 is relevant in this thread.

Since we're talking about it though, I thought the official excuse was that the Sydney players saw a trainer cark it at 3/4 time and then decided to show the true spirit of the Bloods and give up a 43 point lead?

Not the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back