Preview North v Pies round 15 pre game thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw’s so far chosen Garner over Ahern and now Hayden over Ahern and MacMillan.
Seems those who can tackle and hit hard are getting a preference over those who kick chase.
Seems to want to build a side with a hard edge. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seems those who can tackle and hit hard are getting a preference over those who kick chase.
Which is great.

However I wonder whether it is one type on inflexibility to another.

I want someone who looks at the skill we have and creates balance.

Lack of run was a factor against GWS, let's see what happens against Collingwood.

Which is great.

However I wonder whether it is one type on inflexibility to another.

I want someone who looks at the skill we have and creates balance.

Lack of run was a factor against GWS, let's see what happens against Collingwood.

Lack of run will be a factor against GWS because we lack run... but who could have come in - Hall, Scott, who else has the tank to run out a game and spread against elite GWS runners like Kelly? if hayden has been groomed and playing as a tagger then you'd think his ability to spread and cover opponents is okay.

Waussie what was his tank like as a kid? Did he spread hard from the contest and chase opponents down?

well that's kind of a given, at afl level, everyone can run but not necessarily tackle. Differences in tackling and running is probably bigger hence those who can bring pressure and physicality is given the thumbs up. I think we are playing to our strength which is playing with high degrees of physicality....

Why is durdin in the team, collingwood isn't known for their kp forwards, it's their little blokes that will do most of the damage.

Why is durdin in the team, collingwood isn't known for their kp forwards, it's their little blokes that will do most of the damage.
Cox, Reid and Mihocek? Plus Thompson will probably go to De Goey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather Pittard than Thommo.

De Goey is going to be problematic as Collingwoods major asset is creating mismatches. If the Pies forwards draw our defenders up the ground and isolate De Goey inside 50, then he's hard to combat from a pace/marking perspective.

The key to stopping Collingwood is to quell easy transition from defence, and through the middle. We also have to ensure they don't turn this game in to keepings off footy, which they will surely try to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back