Norwood... New AFL bid rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port supporters want them in as they'd then stop being the smallest SA club. Everybody else knows it would be a disaster.

What a crock of s**t. Most Port fans laugh at Norwood and where they are now. There are only a few on here (myself included) who like the idea of Norwood in the AFL in the first place. Those who do support Norwood in the AFL argue that it should've been Port and Norwood joining the big league because of the existing history and rivalry.

Those who do support Norwood in the AFL argue that it should've been Port and Norwood joining the big league because of the existing history and rivalry.

Which would've made Port the Crows size club which I'm sure is just a happy bonus.

Which would've made Port the Crows size club which I'm sure is just a happy bonus.

You have NFI if you actually think that. We are very much a "love us or hate us" club in SA, and a lot of people hate us. Norwood in all honesty would have gotten more supporters if we were the alternative for a lot of people.

Norwood Sturt merger? Would have to be called Sturt though cause you can’t be having Norwood Double Blues so it’d be Sturt Redlegs

This is old but when Norwood and Sturt put in a bid in 1996 the name going around was Norwood Bluelegs lol

What a crock of s**t. Most Port fans laugh at Norwood and where they are now. There are only a few on here (myself included) who like the idea of Norwood in the AFL in the first place. Those who do support Norwood in the AFL argue that it should've been Port and Norwood joining the big league because of the existing history and rivalry.

Norwood weren't prepared to knife people in the back, that's why they're not in the AFL.

Norwood weren't prepared to knife people in the back, that's why they're not in the AFL.
Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

They were up to their eyeballs in it until the public found out about our bid and then they fell inline behind the SANFL.

Ain't no halos down norwood way. Just a disgruntled Ferraro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Crows were meant to be a representation of SANFL sides like Norwood, Glenelg, South etc
They were / are. How the SANFL clubs couldn’t see that having a club that took supporters from all of them, in the top league wouldn’t hurt them, is the biggest mystery.

At least if they’d left it to Port, they’d have still kept a large part of their fan bases. Instead they got to lose fans to the Crows whilst Port kept most of their’s in the SANFL. Once the genie of A club joining the AFL was out, self interest should have dictated reluctantly getting behind Port, for the SANFL clubs.

Of course the SANFL itself saw the potential rivers of gold, but the clubs were too busy being jealous of Port and picked the worst of all options, because ‘hey it may hurt us permanently, but that’s ok, as it will hurt Port for awhile’. Thereby once again proving the very attitude as to one of the reasons Port wanted to be in the highest league in the land, instead of with a bunch of bitter numpties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back