Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

Your obsession with Bonner is unhealthy dude. He wasn't even close to worst on ground last night.

For someone getting sand in his 'gina about people getting emotional in game day threads, it's also a tad hypocritical.
Well said, he was good Sat night, top 10 for disposals and played his role. Mind you if he'd kicked the winning goal Sat night muppetts on this site would still want him out of the side. Port win get him out, Port lose linch the kid. Commical!

Reflecting on Monday, that’s another one of those ugly wins with lots of players down where we got the job done.

Amazing the character this ground has got and in no small part to our epic midfield group

I often say to my partner I am not sure who I love most the hornet, Rozee or Butters but it changes week to week lol
01BrPA22RF-7-3.jpg%20+%20

Jim Carrey Love GIF

How good was Ollie Wines overhead hit of the ball in the middle after Mackenzies kick out of defence, putting the ball into DBJ’s advantage? Smartest thing I’ve ever seen OW do
I don't remember that one but in the last quarter when Phillips started monstering us in the ruck, he grabbed the ball from centre bounce by towering over whoever was in the ruck for us and just about unleashed a giant kick into the F50 but Wines spoiled it. Unbelievable bit of play from Wines.

I'd love for someone to actually highlight exactly what Bonner does or doesn't do that attracts the persistent criticism which he receives. Often its just 'I think he's soft' with zero evidence or reasoning to back that claim up.

He is an unremarkable but otherwise reliable depth player. He will go out once there is a better option but for now he's the best we have got in that position.
Let's be clear, no-one that plays AFL is soft, you just can't be. What most on this site don't understand are the roles players play and what their instructions are from the coaches. We all think we know, when in fact we have absolutely zero idea, we guess. I've been tracking Bonner and several other West Adelaide players for some time (Bonner, Snelling, Francis, Day, Barnett, Carmichael, Nobel, Durdin, Burgess & Steene etc.) Riley has always been an outside player and his strengths are his running capabilities and his kicking (left & right). He's not going to win you an inside hard ball as its clear he's not instructed to. His role is to be on the outside and receive the outlet play. He is a very good decision maker and has good hands, however he has never been an intercept marker. He runs good patterns and is the ultimate team player and not selfish like some on Ports list. Is he a star? No definitely not, is he in Ports best 22 when playing well? Yes he is. One thing Riley does well and Ive seen it, is he plays well in big games, always has. An AFL players prime is from 26-29, Riley is 26 and has played 92 games, all clubs have their whipping boys and unfortunately for Bonner he is the one Port supports seem to target. Personally, I think he would be valued more at another club, it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the year being a free agent?

Let's be clear, no-one that plays AFL is soft, you just can't be. What most on this site don't understand are the roles players play and what their instructions are from the coaches. We all think we know, when in fact we have absolutely zero idea, we guess. I've been tracking Bonner and several other West Adelaide players for some time (Bonner, Snelling, Francis, Day, Barnett, Carmichael, Nobel, Durdin, Burgess & Steene etc.) Riley has always been an outside player and his strengths are his running capabilities and his kicking (left & right). He's not going to win you an inside hard ball as its clear he's not instructed to. His role is to be on the outside and receive the outlet play. He is a very good decision maker and has good hands, however he has never been an intercept marker. He runs good patterns and is the ultimate team player and not selfish like some on Ports list. Is he a star? No definitely not, is he in Ports best 22 when playing well? Yes he is. One thing Riley does well and Ive seen it, is he plays well in big games, always has. An AFL players prime is from 26-29, Riley is 26 and has played 92 games, all clubs have their whipping boys and unfortunately for Bonner he is the one Port supports seem to target. Personally, I think he would be valued more at another club, it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the year being a free agent?

So when it’s his turn to go he’s instructed not to go in is that what you’re saying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve made it a personal challenge to look at Bonner and burtons games more objectively moving forward.

I don’t rate Bonner and think he’s soft and needs to shave his moustache so he doesn’t look like the Lorax but I’m going to try and look for the positives.

At least he plays for Port. See, I can do it.

10 Dan Houston (PORT)
5 Connor Rozee (PORT)
4 Kane Farrell (PORT)
4 Jye Caldwell (ESS)
4 Zach Merrett (ESS)
3 Andrew Phillips (ESS)

LEADERBOARD​

82 Nick Daicos (COLL)
76 Zak Butters (PORT)
69 Christian Petracca (MELB)
63 Lachie Neale (BL)
62 Tim Taranto (RICH)
58 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
57 Jack Sinclair (STK)
56 Zach Merrett (ESS)
55 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
53 Connor Rozee (PORT)
53 Caleb Serong (FRE)

10 Dan Houston (PORT)
5 Connor Rozee (PORT)
4 Kane Farrell (PORT)
4 Jye Caldwell (ESS)
4 Zach Merrett (ESS)
3 Andrew Phillips (ESS)

LEADERBOARD​

82 Nick Daicos (COLL)
76 Zak Butters (PORT)
69 Christian Petracca (MELB)
63 Lachie Neale (BL)
62 Tim Taranto (RICH)
58 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
57 Jack Sinclair (STK)
56 Zach Merrett (ESS)
55 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
53 Connor Rozee (PORT)
53 Caleb Serong (FRE)

Only club with two players in the top ten. Might work against Zak at the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back