Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, I do come in peace

Genuinely impressed with the Power. Obviously incredibly frustrating to be in the game for so long and have hearts ripped out at the end of it. Incredible kick

Rozee and Butters are something else, Finlayson is playing some sort of football at the moment. I don't think there is a better kicking team in the AFL than you guys at the moment. Incredible the damage that any of McKenzie, Farral, Bonner, Houston can do not to mention those midfielders who run run run all day.

Good luck for the rest of the year and who knows what September can bring

Peter Mead in the 65 (?) Prelim to get us in the grand final. Famous for our feral supporters jumping the fence and crowding the players, stopping the defenders from being able to get a run at the ball and touching it before crossing the line (lol). Peter Mead's golden ball was on display in the club for years, not sure if it's in the museum now.

Ford Fairlane 1954 might have been amongst the culprits in the goal square

I was there hanging off the cyclone fencing behind the Torrens or River end goal.

We’ve done a fair bit of damage to Essendon lately.

• Beat them 7 times in a row
  • Ended Ben Rutten’s career last year
  • Broke their hearts twice in 8 weeks
This one was probably more of a favour to Essendon if anything.

Genuinely impressed with the Power. Obviously incredibly frustrating to be in the game for so long and have hearts ripped out at the end of it. Incredible kick

Rozee and Butters are something else, Finlayson is playing some sort of football at the moment. I don't think there is a better kicking team in the AFL than you guys at the moment. Incredible the damage that any of McKenzie, Farral, Bonner, Houston can do not to mention those midfielders who run run run all day.

Thank you. Bombers are definitely on the rise. Good coaching appointment & liking the team structure.

I was there hanging off the cyclone fencing behind the Torrens or River end goal.
I was with my Dad at the same end however not hanging from the fencing. It got me thinking; Dad pased away a few years ago and Adelaide Oval in its present form it would now be an alien place to him. So much has changed over the years. It was said that as Peter Mead was never a long kicker of the ball, he needed the crowd invasion to make it over the line. And if my memory serves me correctly that win was for naught because South beat us in the grand final?

Yeah, but Zach Merrett was clearly best on ground and is a shoe in for the 3 votes. Right?

I was with my Dad at the same end however not hanging from the fencing. It got me thinking; Dad pased away a few years ago and Adelaide Oval in its present form it would now be an alien place to him. So much has changed over the years. It was said that as Peter Mead was never a long kicker of the ball, he needed the crowd invasion to make it over the line. And if my memory serves me correctly that win was for naught because South beat us in the grand final?
We beat sturt in th 65 GF. South beat us the year before, so it was sweet revenge

Reflecting on Monday, that’s another one of those ugly wins with lots of players down where we got the job done.

Amazing the character this ground has got and in no small part to our epic midfield group

I often say to my partner I am not sure who I love most the hornet, Rozee or Butters but it changes week to week lol

We’ve done a fair bit of damage to Essendon lately.

• Beat them 7 times in a row
  • Ended Ben Rutten’s career last year
  • Broke their hearts twice in 8 weeks

7C11F975-FE77-4C13-A230-0A5894767227.jpeg
E2748A38-D838-417A-BD35-E84CB4734D5F.jpeg

A bit like the club’s record at Subiaco,

Port are the great outlier when it comes to raiders from o’er the border.

To have the same number of away wins against Essendon as West Coast and Adelaide combined (from 29 less attempts) is indicative.

View attachment 1727928
View attachment 1727929

A bit like the club’s record at Subiaco,

Port are the great outlier when it comes to raiders from o’er the border.

To have the same number of away wins against Essendon as West Coast and Adelaide combined (from 29 less attempts) is indicative.
These stats are very surprising. It's been about 2 decades since Essendon were any good, how have the other non Vic sides lost to them so many times in Victoria?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mrs Bear just ran into Dan Houston at the local supermarket, she says she congratulated him.

I hope she wipes her chin...

These stats are very surprising. It's been about 2 decades since Essendon were any good, how have the other non Vic sides lost to them so many times in Victoria?

And to think they won handsomely at the Dome in 2004 (Port’s last loss for the year). Quirkiness all round.

In retrospect I've been pretty harsh on Dixon over the last couple of game day threads. It just feels like we do a lot of winning based on goals from our mids and small forwards. Feels like Marshall and Dixon are under delivering but also, hey, they're probably just playing their role.

I think she wants you to say it's her... 😅

7rby9p.jpg

What
Bonner cruises around not wanting to get involved in defensive pressure when that is clearly something we are trying to make a feature in our game.

In particular, when the opposition overlaps, our players are sprinting off their man to pressure the ball (next man covers, and so on). Multiple times in defensive 50 last night Bonner wouldn’t leave first gear to do this.

Maybe he has specific instructions not to, but that would be odd, because it’s one of those all-in strategies where the weak link in the chain messes it all up. In basketball terms, he’s not making his help rotation.
What alot of garbage! I was at the game and watched all three of our wingman run their butts off. Do you know the game plan? Do you know the instructions to him? I suspect not so dont write uneducated crap. Look at the AFL tracker app and see how fast they are running in attack and defense before you claim to know everything. Cruises around please!!! He's in the side for his defensive running......FACT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back