Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but it had nothing to do with midfield, it was to do with if he could play or not. You think the Head Coach might want to be a part of that discussion.
Thanks for the knackers šŸ¤£ Pretty sure the ruck is essential to the midfield group. Carr also happened to be warming up the rest of his midfield right next to the fitness test but you might not have been able to see that on the telly.

First time seeing a win after the siren in person, so so so sweet. Genuinely thought it was touched initially, as did everyone in the vicinity of me (top level of the G, near the other flank on the same wing of the ground) and I though ā€œoh * thisā€ cause obviously choking a match in that fashion wouldā€™ve been heartbreaking. Then in the few moments between then and seeing the Port players celebrating while the Essendon players looked dejected I just thought ā€œno ******* wayā€ and lost myself in the moment. Sprinted down to the bottom deck in pure joy and disbelief, when I got down there I had to sit back down a few times. The whole thing didnā€™t feel real at all but Iā€™m so glad it was, maybe the best feeling of my life.

Wow, what a *ing epic finish to that game. Thatā€™s as good of an after siren kick as youā€™ll ever see. And great overall game from Dan the man.

Not a great overall team performance from us. Good in patches, really shouldā€™ve been about 4 goals up at quarter time, terrible 2nd and 3rd. Good last quarter besides a 5 minute patch where we let them back in.

We will need to be much better than that, but a very handy win in the most clutch of circumstances.

Some huge individual efforts though. Houston, rozee, butters and Farrell all fantastic. But overall there were far too many passengers and we were lucky to get away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Having lived in Melbourne from 2011-2019, I can say without question that Essendon the Club and their supporters are the most unbearable of any Victorian team. Absolute smugness and arrogance personified. Every year like clockwork pre-season comes round and * me you'd think they're flag favourites the way they carry on with their bullshit. I can't stand them. Carlton are a close #2 but Essendon easily takes the cake.

To win this game the way Port did leaving roughly 35k supporters leave the G in absolute misery made my weekend.

This fat tub of lard followed me out of Adelaide Oval back in 2014 after the Essendon loss berating me until i reached the stairwell, which he was obviously too fat to negotiate at my speed.

You're lucky he didn't fall on you. Be like a freaking flesh avalanche.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weā€™ve done a fair bit of damage to Essendon lately.

• Beat them 7 times in a row
  • Ended Ben Ruttenā€™s career last year
  • Broke their hearts twice in 8 weeks

594f0f60-b54a-47be-bbde-157796ab3282-jpeg.1727077
Jeezus. He did that on his own?

Credit where credit's due.

I played footy with him at Reynella as a kid. I remember him being not very impressed with my skill level and lack of pace (fair - but I thought his sledging would have been better directed at opposition players)

High school or wineflies?

Weā€™ve done a fair bit of damage to Essendon lately.

• Beat them 7 times in a row
  • Ended Ben Ruttenā€™s career last year
  • Broke their hearts twice in 8 weeks
Ben Rutten, the only player to play in an AFL Showdown, SANFL Showdown, and West End Slowdown in the same year.

Having lived in Melbourne from 2011-2019, I can say without question that Essendon the Club and their supporters are the most unbearable of any Victorian team. Absolute smugness and arrogance personified. Every year like clockwork pre-season comes round and * me you'd think they're flag favourites the way they carry on with their bullshit. I can't stand them. Carlton are a close #2 but Essendon easily takes the cake.

To win this game the way Port did leaving roughly 35k supporters leave the G in absolute misery made my weekend.
THIS.

An absolutely smashed Essendon supporter came and sat in amongst the port end last night after half time. All the antagonising cheering in the world.

Was treated with tolerance and ran away in 4th quarter.

great results all round.

It was the 57th goal after the siren in AFL/VFL history- the 4th by a Port player: Burgoyne, Poulton, Gray, Houston.

Far more common in recent times, maybe because of the time clock.

We have had at least two misses also- Daniel Motlop, Westhoff.

I canā€™t remember Port ever having a kick after the siren in the sanfl- can anyone?
Andy Porplycia against Glenelg at Footy Park.
Kicked a goal after the siren to draw the match.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

On Anzac Day in 1982 we scored a goal after the final siren to draw the game against Glenelg after we had given up a six goal lead at half time.

I can't remember who kicked it but I do remember it came from a pretty lucky free kick.

Somewhere on youtube there is video of it. After the goal goes through, there is a shot of Glenelg coach John Halbert on the boundary line shaking his head and in the background there is the 18 year old version of me jumping around, not for joy, but out of relief we didn't lose.

We lost a game to South at Adelaide Oval in 1984 on a goal after the siren after an errant short pass from Russell Ebert of all people.

They are the only two I can remember for Port in the SANFL. There was also a goal that Graham Cornes kicked after the siren in 1977 at the parade to win a game for Glenelg against Norwood. If I remember correctly, that game came the week after Port had beaten Norwood by 2 points in front of 23,000 people at Alberton Oval.
Andy Porplycia.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back