NRL NRL 2023 - Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday 23rd June
St.George-Illawarra vs New Zealand (WIN Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 24th June
Dolphins vs Parramatta (Sunshine Coast Stadium - 15:00)
Penrith vs Newcastle (BlueBet Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Manly-Warringah (AAMI Park - 19:35)

Sunday 25th June
Brisbane vs Gold Coast (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)
South Sydney vs North Queensland (Accor Stadium - 16:05)
Sydney Roosters vs Canberra (Allianz Stadium - 18:15)

Bye: Canterbury-Bankstown, Cronulla-Sutherland, Wests Tigers

Last edited:

Heading up to Sydney this weekend if I can return a negative RAT by then.

First time I've seen the Raiders in Sydney in about 6-7 years I think.

Friday night game for the Warriors. Pretty rare. I'm guessing 9 will take a pretty big hit in the ratings.
Especially with the opponents being Illawarra

Heh! It's always a nice leisurely start to the weekend for me, watch it on Friday morning after breakfast

Well the Dragons weren't too taxing, were they? A few slack moments, but generally great stuff from the Warriors. Defended well as they have done all season, and SJ has never looked sharper. Looks like he's having a whale of a time too (as it did last week).

Eels putting on a clinic after conceding the first try. 5 tries in 20 minutes to lead 30-4 with 13 minutes to play in the first half.
Not looking so smug now Bennett you pole smoker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blind ref costs us another try but challenge successful and we score 2 plays later anyway
42-4 up at half time

Highest first half score in our history
Yeah, in the game against Cronulla we lead 24-4 at halftime and piled on 50 points in the second half when Peachey and Newton were sent off a few minutes apart and then another player was sin binned. Scored 14 tries and kicked only 9 goals that game.

One of the best first halves I've seen from an Eels side since the golden era of the 80's followed by one of the worst second halves I've seen since 2012/13 when we won multiple spoons. Typical Parramatta

Last edited:
Not sure why the NRL expansion thread is locked. Mods?

Have to post this here instead...

Like most West Aussie's wanting a league team, I knew relocating a previous team was the most likely way to come into the comp. Always thought it'd be the Bears though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back