NRL NRL 2023 - Round 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Origin does compromise the competition no doubt, it’s not only the effect on some clubs losing players but the luck of the draw to play the effected teams during that period compared to playing them at full strength.

100%.

Didn't play that big a part this year however.

Warriors got a B Broncos but lost for Origin 1.

Cowboys got a B Penrith pre origin 2 and won and Knights got a B Penrith Post Origin 2 and lost.

Bulldogs got a B Rabbits pre origin 3 and won which was huge in the end. Dolphins got a B Penrith post Origin 3 and lost.

Bulldogs getting a B Rabbits was a big 2 points but apart from that the B side won 3/4.

So, going on the Storm's streak against the Broncos I have, Penrith, Newcastle, Cronulla, and Melbourne winning in round 1 of the finals

Round 2:

Warriors v Knights
Broncos v Sharks

Round 3:

Penrith v Brisbane
Storm v Warriors

balmainforever might just get that GF they wanted and I'd happily settle for that.

Penrith v Warriors - Penrith
Broncos v Melbourne - Melbourne
Knights v Raiders - Knights
Sharks v Roosters - Roosters

Warriors v Knights - Knights
Broncos v Roosters - Roosters

Melbourne v Knights - Knights
Penrith v Roosters - Roosters

Knights v Roosters GF.

NRL competition is compromised.

Shitter teams finish higher than some of the better teams because of origin period.

Look how close it is to making and not making the finals. Some teams have 3 or 4 weeks without the best players or banged up playersetc.. Thats comp points down the drain.

its bs

It’s only been that way for 43 years.

It’s not compromised until a team wins it that you can say has no business doing so and I honestly don’t believe I have ever seen such a thing. The Tigers in 2005 are perhaps the closest but they went on a fantastic run late in the season

Penrith v Warriors - Penrith
Broncos v Melbourne - Melbourne
Knights v Raiders - Knights
Sharks v Roosters - Roosters

Warriors v Knights - Knights
Broncos v Roosters - Roosters

Melbourne v Knights - Knights
Penrith v Roosters - Roosters

Knights v Roosters GF.
Wishful thinking, but you never know.

It’s only been that way for 43 years.

It’s not compromised until a team wins it that you can say has no business doing so and I honestly don’t believe I have ever seen such a thing. The Tigers in 2005 are perhaps the closest but they went on a fantastic run late in the season

yeah well warriors finished top 4 beating depleted teams

raiders same. shouldn't be there

its bs

yeah well warriors finished top 4 beating depleted teams

raiders same. shouldn't be there

its bs

Well no, the teams below them have not beaten them, and they had no excuse.
They beat Newcastle, Cronulla, Canberra and the Roosters with origin not being a factor.
They’re 5-2 against the 4 finalists immediately below them, and 7-2 if you include the Cowboys who were the last live chance of breaking into the top 8.
They lost to each of Melbourne, Penrith and Brisbane.

Gee if I didn’t know better I’d almost think they’re the 4th best team in the competition based on their struggles against teams 1-3 and their obvious superiority against full strength teams ranked 5-8

Well no, the teams below them have not beaten them, and they had no excuse.
They beat Newcastle, Cronulla, Canberra and the Roosters with origin not being a factor.
They’re 5-2 against the 4 finalists immediately below them, and 7-2 if you include the Cowboys who were the last live chance of breaking into the top 8.
They lost to each of Melbourne, Penrith and Brisbane.

Gee if I didn’t know better I’d almost think they’re the 4th best team in the competition based on their struggles against teams 1-3 and their obvious superiority against full strength teams ranked 5-8

Yeah I see ur point. I hear ya.

I still think its fkd, just my opinion. It's 6 premiership points during origin period
Can be difference between making finals, top 4, top 2 etc

hopefully panthers win it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back