Number 32 - Stephen Hill (pick 3 2008 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed Hill use his right foot a few times to good effect. Stands out in my mind because left footers are generally woeful on the right foot, with the notable exception of Simon Black.

In one game this year there was a passage where Hill burst out of a centre bouncedown with a man hot on his tail and delivered a pin point right foot pass to a man on a lead who didn't have to break stride. It only went about 25-30m but it was centremetre perfect and that's all he needs to be able to do on his right
Who is woeful on his left as well... ;)

Who is woeful on his left as well... ;)

i cant believe it i 100% agree with brades on that.
He doesnt often shank kicks an is very creative but he is not the silky skilled player the commentators make him out to be, he misses alot of targets not by much but doesnt hit targets enough to be called silky skilled.

Yet Palmer who has a better disposal eff is called a terrible kick just because he might shank 1 a game even though it was his 1st year, it was possibly caused by running himself ragged.
An the rest will be pretty good kicks but coz he does the 1 shank or so it looks bad an he gets crucified and labelled a terrible kick even though overall in a game his kicking is better than blacks.

Yeah Palmer copped a bit unfairly i think. He more often than not was getting tagged, and getting his touches in some pretty tight traffic. Like it or not, in those situations you aren't afforded the time the line up a lace out pass. Put him 20m in the clear and see if he's a terrible kick....

With Blacky though, he's got a pretty sweet set of hands. His handballs are lovely to watch.

Have no issues with his kicking and will be elite but would love to hit the packs a bit harder when he is spoiling. Missed two opportunities to spoil in the last few games which resulted in goals but am sure he will get better at it as he gets more confidence. could be and will be anything

Yes i know not another Hill thread, but it seems we have locked him in.

I dont know how i'm going to react to seeing this kid run around in purple.
I have had my heart set on Daniel Rich since the very start of the season and have followed him along the way with the hopes that we would get him somehow.
Now we are in perfect position to get him and instead we overlook him for another kid. Personally i'm dissapointed and dont know how i will like Hill. I think i could find myself comparing him to Rich his entire career and that could lead to a massive dissapointment or in the case Hill turns out a star that obviously will be very pleased.

I'm @ odds with myself at the moment.

I offer my heartfelt apology to Stephen....... i love you young man.
I LIKE the boy, i LIKE him a lot. Probably my second favourite behind the tough as nails Mr Rhys Palmer.

Sorry to intrude, just gotta mention that this bloke is probably my favourite player in the entire competition despite the fact I don't even support Freo. Rich and Ziebell may have gotten all the hype but Hill is the real deal.

Re: Stephen Hill

Wrong call Shiny, the year is out. :D

You're as wrong as I am. You may have the year, but he's not having a McLeod like impact - rather a greater and more damaging impact than McLeod ever had. ;)

This guy is a freak. Only seen 2 games of him. But what I saw...WOW. Most exciting up and coming player in the competition for me. Great talent! I WANT HIM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned on ABC Radio this morning that he has signed a 2 year extension with the club. :thumbsu:

You beauty.

Whoever is or isn't coaching this young man, is currently in the process of destroying his career.

He has two legs. Two very good legs. Needs to be told to ****ing use them!

He's coping one of the heaviest tags I've seen in our clubs history, the rest of the midfield need to start working harder to free him up. I don't think he's doing allot wrong compared to last year, we simply don't have the cattle in the middle at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back