Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree
Bonnie doons ground would have to be best ground in the comp at moment drove past it yesterday looked sensational
agree 100% doon has the best playing surface but I doubt the league would play finals there it would mean too much travel for too many clubs. Personally I'd be happy to play wherever we are going to have the highest standard game and i can guarantee that is not going to be at tarra or milawa from what I've seen and the current weather

Agree

agree 100% doon has the best playing surface but I doubt the league would play finals there it would mean too much travel for too many clubs. Personally I'd be happy to play wherever we are going to have the highest standard game and i can guarantee that is not going to be at tarra or milawa from what I've seen and the current weather

Agree with Bonnie Doon having a great surface, however they have very little parking which is the main factor for grounds that host finals games. And it also goes on the netball courts/facilities too, which goes back to Tarra and Milawa being the better option.

Last edited:
Maybe one game each weekend at norm minns. Wang only has Corowa at home next 4 weeks. Not sure bushies. Even under lights ? O and m not interested and wang council and Showgrounds committee maybe more than happy. One would imagine use of facilities helps pay for them and in future applications for grants etc , make good reading.
Maybe to much common sense
Bushies play on the 20th of Aug at norm minns, i dont know about any jrn league fixtures that may be there?
I assume they would be chasing some sort of O&M final there too, Maybe the place will be booked out. I just hope AFL NE can work something out so the big games are played on respectable surfaces.

Update on post season awards
J. Stamp for baker medal
H. Moran smokey
K. Raven goalkicker
S. Peters for rising star

Your thoughts are welcome

J. Stamp for baker medal
H. Moran smokey
K. Raven goalkicker

Stamp would be a chance. Been Milawa best in most wins.

Still thinking K Herbert from BD.
Raven to kick the ton round 18.

Any word on which clubs are going to be on the lookout for coaches next year?
Would expect Bright, Tarra, Milawa, BD, All Blacks, Whorouly and Gbat would stay with their current coaches.

Amy word on KV, Moyhu, Glenrowan?

Tips
Bonnie Doon Over Goorambat by 20
Glenrowan by lots and lots (150+) over North Wangaratta
King Valley by 80 over Benalla
Whorouly by 120 over Greta

Two interesting games for the round.
I'm predicting that Milawa won their last game of the season in round 14, and after this week they'll have Bright (17), BD (18) and then KV in the elimination final. But last week Tarra had a virtual bye and Milawa had a flogging at Glenrowan. I'm predicting a similar result this week - Tarra by 60.

Moyhu and Bright should be match of the round - they are both have higher percentage than King Valley, so are still in the running. KV will get easy wins against Benalla and North Wang - so this game will spell the end of the season for the looser. The chances for the winner aren't much better and will need to beat either Tarra or Glenrowan in the last 2 rounds and hope that KV loose to Tarra in round 18. I'm finding it really hard to pick a winner - my heart says Moyhu, but my head says Bright. I'm going to lean towards Bright by a solitary point.

Stamp would be a chance. Been Milawa best in most wins.

Still thinking K Herbert from BD.
Raven to kick the ton round 18.

Any word on which clubs are going to be on the lookout for coaches next year?
Would expect Bright, Tarra, Milawa, BD, All Blacks, Whorouly and Gbat would stay with their current coaches.

Amy word on KV, Moyhu, Glenrowan?

J. Stamp for baker medal
H. Moran smokey
K. Raven goalkicker

Hard to go past K.Herbert for the medal. Goal kicker doesn't mean much but 2 kick 100 in a season is a great achievement K.Raven will do that hats off to him. How do u pick a rising star if u cant get to watch em all play.. S.Peters would be up there Maybe B.Collihole From Kv?

What's everyone's vision of team of the year? There'd have to be a majority of BD, Tarra and Glenrowan players in it? Put yours down, I wouldn't mind seeing what people reckon it would look like.

What's everyone's vision of team of the year? There'd have to be a majority of BD, Tarra and Glenrowan players in it? Put yours down, I wouldn't mind seeing what people reckon it would look like.

Will have a crack at it

B. B.Campbell (BD) S.Williamson (Milawa) J.Garland (Glen)
HB. M.Potts (Glen) T.Edwards (Tarra) D.McCormick (Tarra)
C. A.Gray (Glen) K.Norman (Glen) S.Evans (KV)
HF. J.Stamp (Milawa) T.Buckley (Bright) M.Swindells (BD)
F. J.Cosaitis (BD) K.Raven (Tarra) C.Smith (Moyhu)
Foll. B.Newton (Milawa) K.Herbert (BD) D.Salmon (Tarra)
Int. H.Moran (Benalla) J.Dalton (Goorambat) R.Castles (KV) N.Lebish (Bright)

Am sure I have missed a few but a fair side that's for sure!

G
Hard to go past K.Herbert for the medal. Goal kicker doesn't mean much but 2 kick 100 in a season is a great achievement K.Raven will do that hats off to him. How do u pick a rising star if u cant get to watch em all play.. S.Peters would be up there Maybe B.Collihole From Kv?

Going off how many times the lad has been named in the best. I would think collihole would be to old, just.
Your thoughts nonch?

Going off how many times the lad has been named in the best. I would think collihole would be to old, just. Your thoughts nonch?
Rising Star is a tough one without knowing who has been nominated. Fairly certain Collihole has been one of the nominees though. Think Peters was as well. Not sure about others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will have a crack at it

B. B.Campbell (BD) S.Williamson (Milawa) J.Garland (Glen)
HB. M.Potts (Glen) T.Edwards (Tarra) D.McCormick (Tarra)
C. A.Gray (Glen) K.Norman (Glen) S.Evans (KV)
HF. J.Stamp (Milawa) T.Buckley (Bright) M.Swindells (BD)
F. J.Cosaitis (BD) K.Raven (Tarra) C.Smith (Moyhu)
Foll. B.Newton (Milawa) K.Herbert (BD) D.Salmon (Tarra)
Int. H.Moran (Benalla) J.Dalton (Goorambat) R.Castles (KV) N.Lebish (Bright)

Am sure I have missed a few but a fair side that's for sure!
Pretty solid side there i think we could
Rising Star is a tough one without knowing who has been nominated. Fairly certain Collihole has been one of the nominees though. Think Peters was as well. Not sure about others.
Thoughts on the finals venues?

Pretty solid side there i think we could

I heard that tarra are avoiding using their ground at all costs to ensure its good for finals, milawa have been using their oval as a feedlot. Haven't seen Benalla but either Benalla Showgrounds or friendlies reserve should be utilised if are available and in good nick! North Wangaratta should be in excellent condition also

From the sounds of things Milawa will not be used, which I believe is the correct decision. Tarra is the preferred option for the Saturday finals, with Greta and Moyhu likely to see one game each on Sundays. I think Friendlies should get a game as well, but I believe the board wants to keep the Saturday games as close to town as possible, so don't know if that will happen.

Can guarantee tarra will not be good enough for high quality games either. Far side of the ground is as bad as any ground in the comp
From the sounds of things Milawa will not be used, which I believe is the correct decision. Tarra is the preferred option for the Saturday finals, with Greta and Moyhu likely to see one game each on Sundays. I think Friendlies should get a game as well, but I believe the board wants to keep the Saturday games as close to town as possible, so don't know if that will happen.

Benalla's grounds are in pretty good nick. They have a huge tarp that they keep on it which covers a majority of the middle... It could be a bit worse since all this rain tho? Milawa's would be in terrible condition after having two home games in a row and Tarra's wing has always been awful when there's been huge downpours. I guess a little lead poisoning wouldn't hurt - after all, North Wang's would be in mint condition!

Benalla's grounds are in pretty good nick. They have a huge tarp that they keep on it which covers a majority of the middle... It could be a bit worse since all this rain tho? Milawa's would be in terrible condition after having two home games in a row and Tarra's wing has always been awful when there's been huge downpours. I guess a little lead poisoning wouldn't hurt - after all, North Wang's would be in mint condition!

If north wang's ground was given the all clear it would be good to play finals there and get some money back into that footy club who have been knocked down so many times but they are still getting up

If north wang's ground was given the all clear it would be good to play finals there and get some money back into that footy club who have been knocked down so many times but they are still getting up

I do feel for them, as I've said previously - nobody likes to see clubs struggling. It would most definitely be a hard slog week in week out, but it was nice to see what Glenrowan wrote about them on the book. It's good to see other clubs are lending them a hand...

Can confirm that Greta is on standby for a finals game should Milawa or Tarra not hold up.

hopefully some good news coming out of the Greta camp in the next week or so aswell

Considering tarra won't finish on top in either seniors or reserves , wouldn't it be fairer to play the Saturday finals where both are playing at a neutral ground and the Sunday games at tarra??? Especially the first semi final ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back