Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Obi is training with the corners. He had 4 INTs in his last year at school.

We only have Sean Smith, Dexter McDonald and TJ Carrie at the corner positions who are healthy right now. That's why Obi is getting time there. I wouldn't expect Obi to get many snaps this week, will be introduced very slowly.

We really have no luck/are poor at picking CBs in the draft lately.

We haven't exactly drafted many lately. Right now our top 2 corners are out (Amerson and Conley). Conley would make this secondary look a lot better.

WR drops/Scatback runs up the guts out of shotgun/3rd down passes behind the line of scrimmage. This OC is the greatest.

I'm not a fan of Downing, but the play calling was somewhat better tonight. Every time Carr throws beyond a dink and dunk system we look much better as an offense. Run game showed better signs today as well.

We haven't exactly drafted many lately. Right now our top 2 corners are out (Amerson and Conley). Conley would make this secondary look a lot better.

I'm not a fan of Downing, but the play calling was somewhat better tonight. Every time Carr throws beyond a dink and dunk system we look much better as an offense. Run game showed better signs today as well.
Conley seems injury prone, hope that is not a long term thing. And of course old mate DJ Hayden.

Since we drafted him, what's he played, 2 games? More hoping is not a sign of things to come.

It's been one injury, it hasn't been a series of injuries that has kept him out. It's not going to affect him in the long run. Not concerned about Conley one bit. He's going to be a massive help going forward.

Raiders right now are :-
27th Total Defense
24th Passing Defense
25th Rushing Defense
29th Total Sacks
32nd Total Interceptions
27th Total Forced Fumbles
31st In Stopping 3rd Down Conversions.

How does Ken Norton Jr keep his job?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raiders right now are :-
27th Total Defense
24th Passing Defense
25th Rushing Defense
29th Total Sacks
32nd Total Interceptions
27th Total Forced Fumbles
31st In Stopping 3rd Down Conversions.

How does Ken Norton Jr keep his job?

Been a calamity of issues this season with our defense from a personnel standpoint. Extremely difficult when Amerson and Conley get injured, Obi gets a long term injury, whilst Sean Smith gets arrested and is looking at jail time if he doesn't get off on his assault charge. So it's been a real cluster * piled up there. Not really sure we could have expected much more than what we're getting.

The biggest stat you've left out is that we're 21st in points per game against (23.8 per game). This ironically is better than the lauded Broncos D, and only 1.4 points per game worse than what the Patriots D has delivered so far this year.

The D has done their job ok this year. They are certainly not the reason why we are 4-5, and have kept us in every game this season.

If we are looking for a new OC Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma U would be a good get. Kind of guy who could improve everyone. Has a link to Crabtree.

Riley wouldn't go to the pros unless it was for a head coaching job.

Now that Downing is likely to get till the end of the season, let's see how he goes the rest of the year. His past gameplan against the Fins was imo his best of the season.

Good test next game. A lot of our players need to do better also. No more stupid penalties.

Been pretty good for penalties all year really. Going to need to be near perfect to beat the Pats this week though. Need to win the special teams battle to have any chance in hell.

Raiders placed CB Gareon Conley (shin) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Conley showed up to Raiders camp in the spring with a shin injury and never got over it. He did hold his own in Weeks 2-3 appearances, then suffered a setback. The 24th overall pick in April's draft, Conley should still have a bright future if he can overcome the injury bug. He bookended Marshon Lattimore at Ohio State and at times impressed even more than Lattimore on college tape.

Source: Field Yates on Twitte

Too bad the Raiders and Conley refuse to be open and honest about his injury. What is there to gained by keeping the injury a secret?
------
Sorry, but "shin splints" just doesn't do it for me. May as well say he's on IR due to "cold symptoms".
------
Reggie lied. Conley tweeted a couple months ago that said the shin splints story wasn't true. I think he has a stress fracture, and he probably had a surgery that went bad and isn't healing right. Probably needs another surgery. Just spell it out for the fans.

I like the Raider Ramble. Some other things online suffer from writers that seem to have a deadline and just rehash filler.

Yeah I like the way the Ramble is building that's for sure. In the process of writing my second piece for them, should be up by the end of the week. They give me as a writer leniency to free wheel and write pretty much whatever I'm interested in on the Raiders, which is much better than being pigeon-holed into certain topics that other blogger sites do.

Raiders placed CB Gareon Conley (shin) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Conley showed up to Raiders camp in the spring with a shin injury and never got over it. He did hold his own in Weeks 2-3 appearances, then suffered a setback. The 24th overall pick in April's draft, Conley should still have a bright future if he can overcome the injury bug. He bookended Marshon Lattimore at Ohio State and at times impressed even more than Lattimore on college tape.

Source: Field Yates on Twitte

Amerson still not training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back