Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

There is 0 nuance to her.

Loud, angry, deceitful, petulant, wants everything now, you name it.

Can't think of one trait that makes her an interesting character, the moment she is introduced she is full throttle for no explained reason. I would rather her insane desire to chase Kenobi be explained and then have her go after him.

The other female inquisitor probably would have made a better main character, at least she wouldn't be another human.
I would have thought that having seen her slice off a randoms hand I would have had more fear of her in the latter scenes.

And as for Vader I am assuming that perhaps he hasn’t spent too much time out of that tank these past 10 years?
Vader was quite busy in those 10 years hunting down jedi, im surprised Obi-wan hadn't heard he was still around

You know he's not dead, right?

Also wtf are you on about in terms of it being poor writing?

Dead or alive he still looks weak as piss now no matter what they do with the character.

That's s**t writing.

If you're going to use two high profile characters you have to at least have some kind of conflict where they both come out looking like they are worthy of their reputation and name.

In which case I'm amazed in ten years he hasn't seen/heard any news about Vader.

I guess it will depend on how active he was in this initial ten year period. Aside from a brief glimpse if him/Sidious/Tarkin overlooking the beginning stages of the Death Star at the end or ROTS, we haven’t really seen on screen what happened next with Vader.

“Helped the empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights” could be interpreted many ways. Having the inquisitiors work/report to him for example, that’s “helping”. It doesn’t necessarily mean he was the one doing the dirty work from the outset.

I’m keen to see how this plays out. Perhaps he’s spent the bulk of his time recuperating/recovering at his castle. Built beautifully on the high ground of Mustafa.

Surprised it isn't getting glowing reviews. There's a few head scratching elements but overall it's been a great couple of episodes.

Not sure why people are craving exposition in this show, IMO best Star Wars involves some element of intrigue across a sprawling universe with several character threads.

To me the show needs to be judge as a whole when it's complete.

Obi-Wan assumed Anakin perished (as
most logical thinking people would) after the end of their battle in Mustafar, of course Kenobi knew of Anakin's new name by then, but given Kenobi drove himself into exile after those events, he did a a good job being ignorant of all global/galactic events.

Nothing we have seen so far in this brilliant series contradicts established canon/mythology
Didn't say it contradicted, just seemed illogical. He still goes into town after working. I'm sure he goes to cantinas every so often. He'd have heard some news.

What if the Empire collapsed and he's just sitting in a cave oblivious?

There is 0 nuance to her.

Loud, angry, deceitful, petulant, wants everything now, you name it.

Can't think of one trait that makes her an interesting character, the moment she is introduced she is full throttle for no explained reason. I would rather her insane desire to chase Kenobi be explained and then have her go after him.

The other female inquisitor probably would have made a better main character, at least she wouldn't be another human.
She's calculating and deceptive, she constructed the plot to ensnare Obi Wan. Think you're deliberately not giving her credit.

I hope there is no racist/racial motivated agenda against her character like there was unfortunately to some of the non Caucasian characters in the Sequel Trilogy (Rose and Finn being prime victims of this bigotry)

That is the only reason sadly I can think of really why anyone would hate on the character, she is both written and performed wonderfully by Moses Ingram.
Or internal misogyny by unwashed fanboys (Doctor Who fandom has experienced the same issues with the casting of the current and future Doctor)

Some fans feel threatened by a serious female villain/protagonist.

I have been wanting a serious big time Star Wars female villain (preferably a Sith Lord) for a few years now.

George Lucas missed a golden opportunity with Aurra Sing in the Prequel Trilogy, she could have been as good, if not better then Boba Fett if she had been given a prominent role in those movies (yeah I know she has in the expanded universe, esp the comics and Clone Wars series etc, but its not the same)

Aura Sing lol

nox14zl.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like an acceptable baddie.

Sounds no different to Palpatine/Anakin/Kylo Ren/Krennic tbh.

I can think of a few things she doesn't have in common with them that might be causing people issues though.

Sounds no different to Palpatine/Anakin/Kylo Ren/Krennic tbh.

I can think of a few things she doesn't have in common with them that might be causing people issues though.
Wouldn't say Vader or Palpatine were loud/petulant, but yeah not really different to Kylo/Krennic for sure.

Baddies are supposed to have a few negative traits, not all of them are supposed to be likeable and charismatic and have agreeable understandable views.

Moreso, this is Obi ******* Wan, the show doesn't need strong baddies to sustain like Marvel or Batman or whatever. We've got a great goodie that can carry it all himself.

Wouldn't say Vader or Palpatine were loud/petulant, but yeah not really different to Kylo/Krennic for sure.

Baddies are supposed to have a few negative traits, not all of them are supposed to be likeable and charismatic and have agreeable understandable views.

I didn't say Vader, I said Anakin.

Palpatine when not hiding his identity (i.e. last third of ROTS) is pretty loud and aggressive, particularly when fighting Yoda.

I didn't say Vader, I said Anakin.

Palpatine when not hiding his identity (i.e. last third of ROTS) is pretty loud and aggressive, particularly when fighting Yoda.
I think he was understated and reserved in the OT for the most part, but we are bordering on off topic diving in to this lol

I think he was understated and reserved in the OT for the most part, but we are bordering on off topic diving in to this lol

He's barely in the OT. I think he's pretty over the top when fighting Luke too. Point remains most of the evil characters are petulant and aggressive, that's what makes them evil. Criticising one character over the others is generally borne out of ulterior motives.

She asked his name and he said Ben after that she said that's not a Jedi name.
But he didn't say his Jedi name. Even if she just knows him as Ben, and not Obi Wan Kenobi, it still means she might not connect the two as being the same person. That protects the canon of the films. But we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

But he didn't say his Jedi name. Even if she just knows him as Ben, and not Obi Wan Kenobi, it still means she might not connect the two as being the same person. That protects the canon of the films. But we'll just have to see how it all plays out.

"You're here with Ben Kenobi?"

Yeah she knew who he was.

Not sure how there's any need to 'protect' the canon of the films though, what does it break?

Thought he said Ben Kenobi in that scene on rewatch he didn't, however I did pick up on the scene when Haja offers obi safe passage, he says 'you're not alone obi wan' this is right infront of leia. So she knows exactly who he is. Not sure if it ruins canon but certainly makes that message in a new hope seem odd. It's not the worse problem with the saga.

Thought he said Ben Kenobi in that scene on rewatch he didn't, however I did pick up on the scene when Haja offers obi safe passage, he says 'you're not alone obi wan' this is right infront of leia. So she knows exactly who he is. Not sure if it ruins canon but certainly makes that message in a new hope seem odd. It's not the worse problem with the saga.

Yeah makes it. a bit odd but not the end of the world.

"You're here with Ben Kenobi?"

Yeah she knew who he was.

Not sure how there's any need to 'protect' the canon of the films though, what does it break?
It breaks the idea that, in Star Wars, all these people are meeting for the first time? Cause they certainly act that way.

You can possibly suggest Leia has already met Tarkin and Vader.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back