Official 2017/18 NBA Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Markelle Fultz our there for the Sixers. Must admit I had some doubts but it’s unfair to call the kid a “bust” when he has hardly played, give the kid a break

You gotta lol at when they just show the stats to favor one guy.

Totals, because that helps LeBron.

No free throw percentage?

No PER?

No team wins?

No win shares?

No on/off?

No TS% (as this shows they are about the same)?
Lebron also had more player of the month awards.

Very realistic that cavs would fall a hell of alot further than the rockets if both lebron and harden were removed from their respective teams

Lebron also had more player of the month awards.

Very realistic that cavs would fall a hell of alot further than the rockets if both lebron and harden were removed from their respective teams

Your first argument about LeBron being the MVP "Lebron also had more player of the month awards." is pretty deeply flawed. Player of the month would only really be relevant if they were in the same conference. LeBron's competition in the East for POTM is a lot less than out West. I mean that's reflected by what the final MVP ballots will probably look like. 3 of the top 4 are probably going to be from the Western Conference. And, that doesn't include Steph and Russ (who both won a player of the month), or Durant.

I have no idea why they changed it to an East and West thing. Really weird when the final award isn't based on East and West.

People seem to think LeBron finishing second is some sort of insult on how great he has been this season. He's been amazing (minus January were he was very poor).

Your first argument about LeBron being the MVP "Lebron also had more player of the month awards." is pretty deeply flawed. Player of the month would only really be relevant if they were in the same conference. LeBron's competition in the East for POTM is a lot less than out West. I mean that's reflected by what the final MVP ballots will probably look like. 3 of the top 4 are probably going to be from the Western Conference. And, that doesn't include Steph and Russ (who both won a player of the month), or Durant.

I have no idea why they changed it to an East and West thing. Really weird when the final award isn't based on East and West.

People seem to think LeBron finishing second is some sort of insult on how great he has been this season. He's been amazing (minus January were he was very poor).
I think the main gripe with lebron finishing second is because hes been robbed of so many.

No way on earth would anyone argue that harden is a superior basketballer than james. Lebron is better at every facet of the game minus free throws. Statistically lebron had an mvp quality year yet hed nearly have to average 35ppg to be considered seriously.

Everyone is always tryinvg to find the next heir to the thrown and the one who overthrows lebron. First it was durant, then curry, now harden and next year it will be giannis or simmons.

The guy is judged alot harder than any other player in the game

I think the main gripe with lebron finishing second is because hes been robbed of so many.

No way on earth would anyone argue that harden is a superior basketballer than james. Lebron is better at every facet of the game minus free throws. Statistically lebron had an mvp quality year yet hed nearly have to average 35ppg to be considered seriously.

Everyone is always tryinvg to find the next heir to the thrown and the one who overthrows lebron. First it was durant, then curry, now harden and next year it will be giannis or simmons.

The guy is judged alot harder than any other player in the game

To be honest, every single season a number of players could win it. There's only the occasional year (like Steph a few years back), where it's a no brainer.

So, basically every year there's an unlucky one or two.

Harden could easily have 2 MVPs already if we are talking about players that have been harshly judged to date. And it's pretty hard to argue he's not having "statistically an MVP quality year".

Here's an interesting stat for you. LeBron has won the MVP in every season his team has won 60 games. So, basically when his team wins, he wins the MVP.

But, rightfully so, he doesn't always chase the Ws in the season to up his chances of playoff success.

Edit - Just noticed you had Durant and Curry in that list of years when LeBron should have won it. Come on, Steph had probably the GOAT offensive season. Also, go and check Durant in the year he won it. 60+ wins in a year Westbrook missed most of the season. Come on man.

To be honest, every single season a number of players could win it. There's only the occasional year (like Steph a few years back), where it's a no brainer.

So, basically every year there's an unlucky one or two.

Harden could easily have 2 MVPs already if we are talking about players that have been harshly judged to date. And it's pretty hard to argue he's not having "statistically an MVP quality year".

Here's an interesting stat for you. LeBron has won the MVP in every season his team has won 60 games. So, basically when his team wins, he wins the MVP.

But, rightfully so, he doesn't always chase the Ws in the season to up his chances of playoff success.

Edit - Just noticed you had Durant and Curry in that list of years when LeBron should have won it. Come on, Steph had probably the GOAT offensive season. Also, go and check Durant in the year he won it. 60+ wins in a year Westbrook missed most of the season. Come on man.
Sorry i wasnt clear, i dont think lebron deserved it over curry or durant but they were the ones to finally dethron lebron, just seems like we more worried about finding the next big than appreciating the player who is well and truly in the GOAT conversation

Sorry i wasnt clear, i dont think lebron deserved it over curry or durant but they were the ones to finally dethron lebron, just seems like we more worried about finding the next big than appreciating the player who is well and truly in the GOAT conversation

GOATs don't win the MVP every year. And that's okay. MJ only won 5 out of 15 or so and he's the main guy.

And I'm not sure where you are coming from about LeBron not being appreciated. The fact that someone has finally gotten into a conversation with MJ as a competitor to his GOAT status is pretty solid on the appreciation front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back