Delisted 23. Aaron Black (2017 - 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see some posters writing the kid off before he's pulled on a boot in Cats colours. Lets give the guy an even break and see how he settles in before kicking him in the nuts before pre season even starts.

We've lost Kersten, Bartel and Caddy, pretty much starting 22 that played mostly in the forward line last season. We'll probably lose Clark, or I doubt he'd be starting 22. I'd say this guy is a very good chance to be starting 22. If he is fit, i'd be surprised if he plays less than 10 games this season at senior level.

At the moment I would say merely a depth player up forward (watch the Cats play him in defence out of position -_-).

If he can have a big pre-season plus good NAB challenge matches then consider him for senior selection.

But at the moment I'd say our forward line will be Hawk, resting Ruck, Menzel the marking options then Cockatoo, McCarthy, Motlop/Gregson so a pretty good balance between marking options plus pressure inside 50 (instead of having McCarthy try to do it all).

Won't matter if we can't improve our ball use inside 50 though, Thurlow back will help a bit.

Good to see some posters writing the kid off before he's pulled on a boot in Cats colours. Lets give the guy an even break and see how he settles in before kicking him in the nuts before pre season even starts.

I cant say Im enthused , but in a way .. no matter one's vibe on him ... I feel he has a an opportunity and probably little expectation on him.

Black seems to be rated by the North boys, Maybe did better than we thought here.

Fingers crossed.
I think if he plays in our seniors at all we have done ok from this.. giving up such a late pick basically is giving up nothing.

A few north blokes I know reckon he is VFL quality but said if he gets his confidence back and get back to how he was tracking a couple of years back he could be a steal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A key forward originally drafted at pick 24. Take note those wanting to go down that path with our first pick this year....

Jake Carlisle was drafted with pick 24, Black was pick 25. I'm not sure if we are worse off having 24 or 25. I mean who ever we draft is now guaranteed to be a fan of white powder.

A key forward originally drafted at pick 24. Take note those wanting to go down that path with our first pick this year....

25 actually. But i get your point.

At the moment I would say merely a depth player up forward (watch the Cats play him in defence out of position -_-).

If he can have a big pre-season plus good NAB challenge matches then consider him for senior selection.

But at the moment I'd say our forward line will be Hawk, resting Ruck, Menzel the marking options then Cockatoo, McCarthy, Motlop/Gregson so a pretty good balance between marking options plus pressure inside 50 (instead of having McCarthy try to do it all).

Won't matter if we can't improve our ball use inside 50 though, Thurlow back will help a bit.
IF he regains fitness, confidence and form, he will be a lot more than depth.
Shoulder, then ankle injuries cruelled him, BUT seems to be over that now.
We need a def change in fortune with our selection of players with huge talent but injured.
Black is a real talent.

IF he regains fitness, confidence and form, he will be a lot more than depth.
Shoulder, then ankle injuries cruelled him, BUT seems to be over that now.
We need a def change in fortune with our selection of players with huge talent but injured.
Black is a real talent.

That's why I said 'at the moment he is depth' because he is.

But I agree he is talented enough for seniors it's just about getting the body right plus confidence back up & he would definitely play seniors next year for us!

That's why I said 'at the moment he is depth' because he is.

But I agree he is talented enough for seniors it's just about getting the body right plus confidence back up & he would definitely play seniors next year for us!
Agree
I know a little about him, and we have done well IF.........

It's not like Aaron would be sitting here reading a thread about himself and thinking: "Ah, crap. Geelong supporters have written me off so there goes my confidence." I do get what you're saying and you're trying to be positive and upbeat. It's just that many have lost confidence with recruiting injured players and them actually working out after Hmac, Delaney and Clark have all been failures.

It's not like Aaron would be sitting here reading a thread about himself and thinking: "Ah, crap. Geelong supporters have written me off so there goes my confidence." I do get what you're saying and you're trying to be positive and upbeat. It's just that many have lost confidence with recruiting injured players and them actually working out after Hmac, Delaney and Clark have all been failures.
Well, if you are reading Aaron...

b0813ebdd95539d48845cd87d7d68922c6084b55e2601328d5880295a676d860.jpg

We need a second talk either as Hawk's back up or play a taller forward against some sides. Hope he can do the job for us. Nothing to lose anyway in terms of draft picks

We need a second talk either as Hawk's back up or play a taller forward against some sides. Hope he can do the job for us. Nothing to lose anyway in terms of draft picks
We didn't do badly with Hawkins, then Stanley, Smith, Hendo, Harry as back ups, and Menzel, & Linc. I didn't get us not playing SK when Menzel went down, but that is past history. Black will fit in nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back