News Offseason 2022

hatescaptcha

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
Truganina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good to see Westy did a two week training block in the states with Bont, Croz, Naughty & CD in the off-season.

Needs to sort his tank this off-season but if he does he will explode, kid is a gun

Really excited about what Westy could do next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
Watched a little bit of training at Skinner yesterday. ( only about 20 mins )

Arty Jones , mate get your s—- together with your kicking during training drills.
Nowhere near AFL standard.
He seems a great bloke and popular , always a smile on his face.
My advice , use these these drills to get better.

Lobb and Darcy both over 2m , nice skills in windy conditions.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
1669352065194.png

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He's not good enough overhead to play big minutes on the wing. I like him forward too as he can close off space quite quickly.
Why does he need to be good overhead? We’ve been running Hunter there for years and he’s no good overhead.

Pep_x

Team Captain
Nov 15, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any footage of Bailey Smith working on his kicking this off season.
Whether he improves it or not will have the biggest impact on how our 2023 season goes IMO.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any footage of Bailey Smith working on his kicking this off season.
Whether he improves it or not will have the biggest impact on how our 2023 season goes IMO.
Bailey Smiths kicking woes are so overplayed, he was top 6 for midfielders for goal assists in the comp and, behind the likes of Bont, Danger & Petracca who spend genuine time forward.

His kicking is hit and miss and definitely prone to the odd howler at full pace (like any burst mid thats come before him) but for the most part his entries inside 50 are pretty par with the comp, welllllll overblown how big an issue it is

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Bailey Smiths kicking woes are so overplayed, he was top 6 for midfielders for goal assists in the comp and, behind the likes of Bont, Danger & Petracca who spend genuine time forward.

His kicking is hit and miss and definitely prone to the odd howler at full pace (like any burst mid thats come before him) but for the most part his entries inside 50 are pretty par with the comp, welllllll overblown how big an issue it is

I'm not sure about that. He averages the most turnovers in the league, and considering he only had 9 contested disposals a game he had no excuse for that.

I'm not sure about that. He averages the most turnovers in the league, and considering he only had 9 contested disposals a game he had no excuse for that.

A lot of those come from us trying to clear pressure and he’s one of the few on our list with breakaway speed. It would be good if he doesn’t try to rush a 55m clearing bomb and try to hit a target, especially as he often has more time than he realises

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Agreed. His kicking was really really poor last year. The strange thing is that it was quite good in his first couple of seasons. Baz turned into a headless chook run and bomb type player.

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Arty reminds me of a kid getting an opportunity to train with an AFL team and experience the life of a professional footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think my main issue with Bailey Smith kicking is he goes for the long kick rather then look for the short option

Back