Discussion Ok, It's Not a Footy Jumper, But is This the Worst Uniform of All Time?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the facial expressions sum it up.

singapore-water-polo-team-trunks.jpg

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com...unks-crescent-moon-on-countrys-flag-hilarity/

Re: Ok, it's not a footy jumper, but - is this the Worst uniform of all time?

I reckon the facial expressions are because they are embarrassed at their seemingly tiny man parts.

It doesn't just stop there.....
stadefrancais3rdrugbyt0607.jpg

StadeFrancaisASSRugby0708.gif

stadefrancaish.jpg

maillo10.jpg

stade1_1005376a.jpg

MAILLOT_STADE_FRANCAIS_THIRD_1_440.jpg

5998E.jpg

staidfrancais1.jpg

Dumb frogs.

That's just funny :D

Where as the last one Aidan posted, is definitely the worst I have seen.

That is some unfortunate placement of the crescent, to put it mildly.

And Paris St. Germain obviously are pretty off-the-wall. Are some of them concepts, or have they worn them all in games?

Stade Francais is a completely different type of worst uniform ever, that is just a poorly designed mess. The other is unfortunate placement, not bad design per se. Bloody hilarious.

Saw the title and thought "if it's not the French Rugby club Gasnier played for I'll post a pic."
Seems their reputation proceeded me.
The team is actually Stade Francais.

PS Those togs are shockers though.

This is my old football clubs jumper (glen waverley hawks)

There is history behind it but still pretty average.

Yeah I realised that from InCase's post. I've gotta stop half-looking at stuff and making assumptions!

His post wasn't there when I started replying.
2 mins apart was the time it took for me to find it on Wikipedia.

This is my old football clubs jumper (glen waverley hawks)

There is history behind it but still pretty average.
I got free entry into all EFL games for doing their jumpers.
They use for them for the EFL Record.
http://www.efl.org.au/index.php?id=72
Did I mention I currently live in CANADA?
Not an entirely useful reward. Ended up with the father-in-law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got free entry into all EFL games for doing their jumpers.
They use for them for the EFL Record.
http://www.efl.org.au/index.php?id=72
Did I mention I currently live in CANADA?
Not an entirely useful reward. Ended up with the father-in-law.

really? you did a spot on job all the jumpers look great, pity you don't get to use the free entry. i was actually wondering earlier in the year if there was a page where i could look at all the EFL jumpers? wouldn't mind comparing glenny hawks jumper to some of the other clubs in the league, although I'm pretty sure they do have the worst jumper..

what is the history? i assume a merger?

originally the junior club wore the traditional brown and gold vertical stripes but when they moved to the EFL they had to change the design due to fact that there was a team already registered with that design, the club changed the jumper to brown and gold vertical stripes with a brown panel and gold lightning strike, this was changed to a blue panel with a white lightning strike when the senior club was formed. i think the blue and white is meant to represent a former waverley club, its got another meaning as well but im not sure what it is something to do with the sky... im pretty sure the main reason was just so they wouldn't clash with any other clubs with the hawk theme. (there are a lot of them)

SF is just so ballsy about it, it transcends awfulness and become awesome.

The 5th, 6th and 8th kits would look awesome on a wallet. I reckon arty stuff like that does. My wallet has this "painted effect" with the Opera House and Ayers Rock on it. Dunno how to describe it.....

originally the junior club wore the traditional brown and gold vertical stripes but when they moved to the EFL they had to change the design due to fact that there was a team already registered with that design, the club changed the jumper to brown and gold vertical stripes with a brown panel and gold lightning strike, this was changed to a blue panel with a white lightning strike when the senior club was formed. i think the blue and white is meant to represent a former waverley club, its got another meaning as well but im not sure what it is something to do with the sky... im pretty sure the main reason was just so they wouldn't clash with any other clubs with the hawk theme. (there are a lot of them)

Thanks. The best footy jumpers always have a story and a meaning imo.

Its what the person who designed them was on.

Looks more LSD inspired.
I kind of like it though. I definitely wouldn't wear it but there's some appeal to having something so crazy and... fluro pink.

Really?

I was playing juniors for the club when we changed it and it went straight from the Hawthorn style jumper to the one with blue, lightning strike and Hawks stripes. Hated it and could never figure out how they came up with it. My imagination of the design meeting was that three people were all gunning for different ideas so they just decided to incorporate the lot of them.

Really?

I was playing juniors for the club when we changed it and it went straight from the Hawthorn style jumper to the one with blue, lightning strike and Hawks stripes. Hated it and could never figure out how they came up with it. My imagination of the design meeting was that three people were all gunning for different ideas so they just decided to incorporate the lot of them.

hmm not sure, possibly the older ages never had the brown and gold kit. i have a picture of the brown and gold one but I'll have to scan it. when i was playing 18's there in 08 there was still a few of the very young age groups still wearing it but i cant fined any pics online so they must have got rid of it completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back