List Mgmt. Oldest List.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton were one of the oldest lists not that long ago and also one of the worst sides in the process.

At least we've finished in a top 4 position these past 2 years which is what you're after at a minimum if you're also at the pointy end in terms of age.

The stat that needs including is how many of the 30+ year olds are best 22 and how many games did they play in 2019

Spot on. Pendlebury aside I dont see any other of our 30+ players as critical to our best 22. Howe starts the year aged 29 so is hardly in the "old" camp just yet and is on the next line of betting with Sidebottom and Mayne. All four have proven to be durable over their careers so injury risk is not as high as it could be.

Dunn Greenwood Reid Varcoe Beams are all fringe best 22. Beams is a different (head) case.

The only team in the comp that cares about the age of its list more than anyone is Melbourne. They are a basket case

It's really the average age of the core 25 odd players you go to first that matters, average age of a list includes too many players that won't contribute through the year

Means almost nothing, when the majority of those older players are not regulars. Pendles being the only one.
Reid, Dunne and Varcoe back up players... Beams awol, and all going well, Greenwood and Mayne will be back up too. It’s the clubs where the majority of their top players are over 30 that need to worry.

I’d be more worried if I was Carlton, with Kruezer, Simpson, Murphy, and now Betts all in their top 6 or so most relied on players.
Geelong too, with the Ablett, Selwood, Danger thing over-reliant on, and Only going backwards...

Top 22 + emer

Langdon Roughead Howe
Maynard Moore Crisp

Grundy Treloar Adams
Phillips Pendlebury WHE

Stephenson Mihocek Elliott
Sidebottom De Goey Cox

Sier Quaynor C Brown Thomas

emer
Noble Wills Mayne Cameron

Ave Age 25.5 yrs (in the gun, ready to fire)

Last edited:
The guns are all at that right age to strike with only Pendles Howe and Sidey being the older players, really great mix the best we have had in years, I haven't included Beams as he has done nothing to show me he will be best 22 atm.
Who’s that Beams bloke?

Who’s that Beams bloke?
A family member saw him at the Wantirna mall a week or so ago, she was surprised how tall he was, but worried how skinny he looked, he was genuinely lovely to her, had time for everyone she said. I'm praying for a miracle return to be the cream on the premiership cake

A family member saw him at the Wantirna mall a week or so ago, she was surprised how tall he was, but worried how skinny he looked, he was genuinely lovely to her, had time for everyone she said. I'm praying for a miracle return to be the cream on the premiership cake
That’s nice to hear. A physically and mentally fit Beams would make us a much stronger team. After being very hopeful the last few months, I now can’t see him ever getting back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our age profile will change very markedly in the next 12 months. Lots of old boys at the end of their careers and 2020 will sort them out.

Cream? We don't even have the base.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back