Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can still get a 30block for under $60

We’ll be paying closer to $10 a can before we know it
Admission fee creeping up too, gotta fund these Hollywood stars somehow. Grab some De Bortoli Sacred Hill Reserve, $6 for a 750ml bottle, as good as the top shelf stuff, I’ll throw a bottle in on the colder days, rinses well with a beer.

Great to see ex Wang M joe Richard’s going to gather round for his first Collingwood senior game If not for injuries probably would’ve have made his debut before now
Round 1 was a nice one for the region, Darcy Willson and Shaun Mannagh debuting against each other, Wilson wearing Mick Nolan’s old number 22 was a nice touch, the big guy was a Saints fan. Mannagh clocked more kms on the stationary bike but looked more than capable once he hit the turf. Richards will play 100 plus games, smooth mover and doesn’t flinch, let’s hope the club look after him.

Do you give raiders a chance this week Geoffy to cause an upset ?
Almond has the smarts to stem the potential flow, but I’d say getting with in ten goals would be a win. Albury didn’t break a sweat last week and that was with the afternoon sun biting. Rovers by 200 points over Corowa, Wodonga by 35 points over Myrt, Yarra by 60 points over Lavi and NA to upset Wangaratta in a close one.

Northern comes in a 30 block Beddy, $5 is a fair price for mid. $6 for heavy is around the mark. $6.50 for heavy at the Norm Minns had afew noses out of place!

Match of the round looks to be North vs Wang. Absolute danger game for the Pies, the full strength Hoppers line up looks fantastic on paper. If they can keep this team on the park they will enter most contests as favourites with the exception of against Albury or Yarra at JC Lowe.

It’s interesting Reid put the Pies loss down to a poor performance rather than praising a much classier opposition, either way Wangaratta were exposed. Other teams can now see if you get physical with them you can send them back in their shells and basically keep them scoreless for 30 minutes. I’m tipping the confidence would be low, NA kick a few early and all of sudden players are questioning wether they’re on the correct side of the fence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s interesting Reid put the Pies loss down to a poor performance rather than praising a much classier opposition, either way Wangaratta were exposed. Other teams can now see if you get physical with them you can send them back in their shells and basically keep them scoreless for 30 minutes. I’m tipping the confidence would be low, NA kick a few early and all of sudden players are questioning wether they’re on the correct side of the fence.
What's a wether , is it like a wethim

This is O&M football, you can’t have a former Rutherglen reserves coach as your 2IC. As for Wink, who spent some time assisting Jacka at Barkley park, id be appointing him as president of the club. Why didn’t Corowa hold on to Scooter Seymour, he would’ve made a fantastic assistant. Sarau has coached down that way, was he approached? Owen knows his footy, has a nice resume to show, but needs more support. Who’s scouting the young talent, the u/18s should be compulsory viewing for all coaches.
Where did you hear about wink Geoff? Who’s your source?
I have heard this too, But didn’t think too much of it.

Cold miserable and wet is the forecast, not a good day to be a 1980s banjo tendon. My advice, heat pack from the chemist warehouse (rice filled) and a golf ball to sit on, this will hold you in good stead for the trip up North. And remember, if you’re out of range, fire a handball off, it’s a long season.

Looks like the magpies were ripe for the picking BigLaz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back