Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

One Albury guy said a fist, next said an elbow. The north player standing in the vicinity said it was a bump. Not sure who to believe? the guy 2m away or some older fellas 50-100m away
your comment had nothing to do with tribunal deliberations and all to do with casting aspersions at the Albury player . Interesting that a small tumour was found on brain scan . if it had been a small aneurysm?

your comment had nothing to do with tribunal deliberations and all to do with casting aspersions at the Albury player . Interesting that a small tumour was found on brain scan . if it had been a small aneurysm?
Aneurysms can just occur without a head knock happening and they can go at any time not a football related thing

Well it did, I mentioned the 10 weeks is over the top and if the cops were not called upon first it would've been 3 weeks

I remember getting knocked unconscious in a courageous marking attempt back in 1991, lights out (apparently I clamped the T.W and the mark was paid). I was back out on the pitch 20 minutes later, crashing packs. Got advised told to wear a helmet by the medico’s, I told them to shove it. It’s a different ball game these days, the choice should be left up to the player, no chance I’d be missing a big game over a technicality or a “what if”. We left nothing in the tank, that’s how it was, you could hold your head high down the local, respect was hard earned like the glass in hand. The hard men stand out in today’s game, dying breed unfortunately.

I remember getting knocked unconscious in a courageous marking attempt back in 1991, lights out (apparently I clamped the T.W and the mark was paid). I was back out on the pitch 20 minutes later, crashing packs. Got advised told to wear a helmet by the medico’s, I told them to shove it. It’s a different ball game these days, the choice should be left up to the player, no chance I’d be missing a big game over a technicality or a “what if”. We left nothing in the tank, that’s how it was, you could hold your head high down the local, respect was hard earned like the glass in hand. The hard men stand out in today’s game, dying breed unfortunately.

TheDribbler69 strikes again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume you must have been well enough to watch the seniors after your reserves game and help laurie burt run the bench

Danger game for Wangaratta at John Foord tomorrow, I’m tipping a boil over and Corowa to bank some points. Myrtleford by ten goals over the hapless Raiders, Yarra in a close one over Albury, Lavington to bounce back and deflate the wind from North Alburys sails. Rovers to ruthlessly let Wodonga know this is a men’s game.

Danger game for Wangaratta at John Foord tomorrow, I’m tipping a boil over and Corowa to bank some points. Myrtleford by ten goals over the hapless Raiders, Yarra in a close one over Albury, Lavington to bounce back and deflate the wind from North Alburys sails. Rovers to ruthlessly let Wodonga know this is a men’s game.
How do the Holland-Dean boys go BigLaz?
Hearing good reports about them

I’m definitely not condoning what has allegedly happened.
But seems like the two Albury Witnesses have two different stories
Events like this can turn into a quote unquote witch hunt.

There’s a balancing act that needs to happen here. Obviously you don’t want players coming in and clobbering players, but you also don’t want to throw players under the bus for a lack of judgement in a very high contact sport with blokes all rearing to go.

If assault charges come into play for a football game I think that’s over the top, that tarnishes you in so many other aspects of your life. It’s a contact sport. And things happen…just life our mate Geoff, I’ve been stretched off multiple times from both being knocked out, broken jaw, lost tooth (with no real deserving provocation in my opinion) And still I’d never even dare to press charges. a severe financial penalty from the league to both the club and the player is better. Money talks.

But obviously everyone’s entitled to their own opinions.

far out geoff have you got any love for north albury?

Events like this can turn into a quote unquote witch hunt.

There’s a balancing act that needs to happen here. Obviously you don’t want players coming in and clobbering players, but you also don’t want to throw players under the bus for a lack of judgement in a very high contact sport with blokes all rearing to go.

If assault charges come into play for a football game I think that’s over the top, that tarnishes you in so many other aspects of your life. It’s a contact sport. And things happen…just life our mate Geoff, I’ve been stretched off multiple times from both being knocked out, broken jaw, lost tooth (with no real deserving provocation in my opinion) And still I’d never even dare to press charges. a severe financial penalty from the league to both the club and the player is better. Money talks.

But obviously everyone’s entitled to their own opinions.
Few blokes on here better suited to having some stuffing shoved up their rear end and being put on display at the Country Footy Museum. This rubbish about footy being a contact sport and ‘what happens on the field stays on the field’ is archaic. It take courage to sit under a high ball knowing that contact is coming. There is zero courage in throwing a cheap shot and knocking a bloke out, or even possibly causing life altering damage or even death.

It would be like getting behind the wheel pissed and wrapping your car around a tree while out by the river with the boys. What happens on the camping trip stays on the camping trip….

Few blokes on here better suited to having some stuffing shoved up their rear end and being put on display at the Country Footy Museum. This rubbish about footy being a contact sport and ‘what happens on the field stays on the field’ is archaic. It take courage to sit under a high ball knowing that contact is coming. There is zero courage in throwing a cheap shot and knocking a bloke out, or even possibly causing life altering damage or even death.

It would be like getting behind the wheel pissed and wrapping your car around a tree while out by the river with the boys. What happens on the camping trip stays on the camping trip….
Also a few blokes on here that need to change their tampon.

What are your pronouns Caltech? Just so I can make sure I don’t offend you moving forward.

Also a few blokes on here that need to change their tampon.

What are your pronouns Caltech? Just so I can make sure I don’t offend you moving forward.

It’s alright mate, you morons are a dying breed, uncomfortable walking in today’s society mainly because you don’t have the basic brain capacity to better yourself.

It’s alright mate, you morons are a dying breed, uncomfortable walking in today’s society mainly because you don’t have the basic brain capacity to better yourself.

dying breed in todays society? Im 32 🤣 and my tooth was knocked out last season, and guess what it was a 19 year old kid. Remorseful, hardly feel like giving him a criminal conviction, limit his job prospects, travel prospects.

Im just saying, if you have a lapse of judgement on a footy field and you cop a criminal record, why run the risk of even playing?
Your rebuttal will surely be: ‘we don’t want these morons who are a dying breed In our game’ and that’s fine, but get ready to send a few more clubs into recession when you lose more players who will err on the side of caution.

I’m sorry I offended you peta with my opinion, as I’ve always respected yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back