On what would you be willing to bet your BigFooty Life ver 2.09 *REPORT WELSHERS HERE*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: On what would you be willing to bet your BigFooty Life ver 2.09

I bet a ban of 6 months from bay 13 that fremantle will finish higher than the eagles.

Won't get any arguments from me. Not this year anyway ;)

I bet a ban of 6 months from bay 13 that fremantle will finish higher than the eagles.

Very self serving Stronz! If west coast finish higher than your beloved Dockers then you get to sit out over the inevitably horrible off season and rejoin next year!

Having said that, a bet is a bet and it will be added to the OP.

Won't get any arguments from me. Not this year anyway ;)
Damn, I saw that you had responded to this thread and I thought maybe you'd matched the bet..

Eddie reckons you'll make the 8, that really is a risky one..

Damn, I saw that you had responded to this thread andI thought maybe you'd matched the bet..

Eddie reckons you'll make the 8, that really is a risky one..

Haha not a chance my friend. Perhaps next season.

by this statement I assume you mean Richmondrehab will finish higher after rnd 22 but Carlton will progress further in the finals - yes?

Perhaps. Mind you I don't think Carlton will make the finals. Just in case they do and the Tiges don't show up on the day, like Geelong this year.

Go for it hero.

I just threw a quick bet out there to get it started.

If you make a bet - stick to it. If not, your name is tarnished forever. You may have noticed many people won't give shotta the time of day because he didn't stick to his guns last year.

Having said that, I asked for this to be enforcable by mods last year, and now I'll do the same. Any chance mods?

I'm sure many people wouldn't give shotta the time of day a long time before that. :D

Brilliant post. Very clever. Checkmate.

I will be perfectly honest and say I don't know what you are talking about. But while we are on the subject, Poida does deserve credit for sticking to his bet and leaving the Bay.

Anyone that states that they will do something and doesn't loses credibility don't they? That's part of what all this is about.

I will put my account on the line

I will accept your shitty little challenge, gladly. Just remember tossbag when I am alive and posting you will be scratching your head wondering what happened in round 17. Make it permanent or 1 month, 2 months or whatever you are willing to cop. Hawks are home!

They both did not dissapear.

I bet my BigFooty Life that in 2009 Heath Shaw does not F.ck Up, Collingwood to make the 8 and Gary Ablett to gain at least 1 brownlow vote (Risky :p)

I am not betting my BF life on squat as I'm still wearing the results of my last bet-look at my sig!

Judd to make AA in 2009. Given there were about 25 midfielders that averaged more touches than him last year and he was made captain of the team, as long as gets minutes in about 4 or 5 games this year, his place is assured.

shotta is the most derided poster in the Bay. While he may publicly tout his lack of care factor, he secretly cries himself to sleep every night. Even if its not enforced, everyone knows who is a weak flog **** and who isn't and they will be treated as such for ever more.

XIDIGX says: Essendon will not win the spoon this year.

PS - fishguts, you've got some cojones brother. :thumbsu:

Since when did the opinion of a SCUM FLOG have any relevance?

I propose all SCUM posters should be required to accept Hawthorn is the best team in the land before they post their albino infested opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when did the opinion of a SCUM FLOG have any relevance?

I propose all SCUM posters should be required to accept Hawthorn is the best team in the land before they post their albino infested opinions.
Something along the lines of "All hail Hawthorn, and more importantly, all hail the great messiah, and most pure, honest and respected, shotta".
How does that sit oh great one? About the mark? Or have I failed to heaps sufficient praise on your modest self?

I am willing to bet a 12 month ban from bay 13, that Port will re-sign Chocco as coach of Port.

I will also bet a 3 month ban from the entire bigfooty site that Port will finish higher on the premiership ladder at the conclusion of the finals than the camry crows.

I bet my BF life that Lance Franklin will not miss any games in 2009 for disciplinary reasons or other related reasons connected with poor behaviour.

The premise is simple ladies and gents.

We talk a lot of s**t on this forum and make a lot of big calls.

This thread is for you to lay your nuts down on the line. State what you are willing to bet your BF life on.

Get it right, and perhaps you get to gloat a little. Get it wrong, and bow out graciously never to post on BF again. That's right. Never again.

Now it must be noted that this thread existed in 08, and the following people lost: Ashley12, Shotta, Deenamite, Poidacat, GuzzLG, Cheshire Cat, .

As the more astute of you may have observed, some of this posters have disappeared as promised but others... Punish them as you see fit.

Please note that this year, if your bet does not stipulate a time line, then the end of 2009 is the cut off for your statement.

Place your bets ladies and gents be they serious or light-hearted, but know that your honour is on the line.

Big Footy life bet on the following:

Black: bet unresolved.
Red: bet lost
Green: bet won

Skipjack:

I bet my BigFooty life that Luke Hodge recieves more than 2 votes in the 2009 Brownlow.

blues gibbzy:

Carlton will make the 8 in 2009.

Coryne:

I bet my BigFooty life that Cousins will break his agreement with the regarding his drug testing. He will either miss/refuse a test, won't be able to supply a hair sample for a hair test or will test positive for drugs.

EagleMan87:

I bet that West Coast won't win the spoon this year.

onyacoxy:

I bet that West Coast won't win the spoon this year.

Rosstickle:

Richmond will finish above Carlton by the time finals come around.

fishguts:

Essendon to make top 8

Essendon to finish higher then Carlton.

David Myers to finish top 3 in the Rising Star

c0ze:

Joel Selwood will win the Brownlow 2009

Pie 4 Life

A Victorian team will win the premiership.

DapperDon:

I bet nobody will honour their bet.

edie finneran:

West Coast will make the 8.

XIsDonIsGoodX:

Essendon will not win the spoon this year.
There's a surprise....GuzzLG was a loser...who would of picked it???

This was a 'wording' issue.

The poster stated that Brett Ratten would be sacked after Round 7 2008 - so as long as Ratts made it passed Round 7, technically the poster is right.

Shouldn't SACKED be the opperative word here ??? If he is sacked from the clubs coaching role then he loses the bet, if he retires/moves on then he wins, This could be a LONG bet ............. lol

Sydney will not make the 8 in 2009

Hawthorn will not win the flag in 2009

and a real outsider

Geelong will not win the spoon.:thumbsu:

Shouldn't SACKED be the opperative word here ??? If he is sacked from the clubs coaching role then he loses the bet, if he retires/moves on then he wins, This could be a LONG bet ............. lol

Yes you are right. I got lazy when thinking about how long that bet could go for and gave it a green light thinking that it would never resurface. It has been changed back to black. If Ratten quits or dies at the ripe old age of 100 and was coach at the time - the bet was won. If he is ever sacked the bet is lost.

There's a surprise....GuzzLG was a loser...who would of picked it???

That was a bloody big quote for one comment!

No matter how good the comment was. ;)

They both did not dissapear.

Fair enough. Shotta has been addressed in this thread. Haven't seen the other fella around. Let's not turn this into an anti-Hawthorn fest. I stand by the OP. Honour is on the line.

Yes you are right. I got lazy when thinking about how long that bet could go for and gave it a green light thinking that it would never resurface. It has been changed back to black. If Ratten quits or dies at the ripe old age of 100 and was coach at the time - the bet was won. If he is ever sacked the bet is lost.

That was a bloody big quote for one comment!

No matter how good the comment was. ;)

Fair enough. Shotta has been addressed in this thread. Haven't seen the other fella around. Let's not turn this into an anti-Hawthorn fest. I stand by the OP. Honour is on the line.
And here's another one....Thanks :D

Is it right though?

Weren't those bets just for last season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back