FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Would've been good if this pic was inserted randomly on the slideshow that plays on the screen behind the interviewees..

murphybakers-246-1.jpg

Liam Pickering up next

Hope Mike goes hard at him.

These are the ones that genuinely need an hour, as Pickering has had two distinctive and interesting footy lives - Went from second-generation player at North Melbourne who couldn't get a regular game, to State of Origin representative and Best & Fairest at Geelong as a player, then has a media career and role as a controversial, outspoken player manager.

Hopefully Mike doesn't harp on too long about one aspect over the other, or one situation or period (eg. the Ablett Jnr move to the Gold Coast) ahead of everything else.

Last edited:
These are the ones that genuinely need an hour, as Pickering has had two distinctive and interesting footy lives - Went from ond-generation player at North Melbourne who couldn't get a regular game, to State of Origin representative and Best & Fairest at Geelong as a player, then has a media career and role as a controversial, outspoken player manager.

Hopefully Mike doesn't harp on too long about one aspect over the other, or one situation or period (eg. the Ablett Jnr move to the Gold Coast) ahead of everything else.
Agreed. Would like to see an hour interview with Pickering

Only saw the end but good to see Mike ask at least one money question. This time re Kosi legal settlement

I thought that was one of the better ones all year. He did a bloody awesome job to keep that Buddy deal so quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a test run with Ablett. They got busted meeting GC officials at a hotel up there by a group of Port Adelaide players :oops:
Haha is that true?

More like this, less Carlton/Hawthorn/Essendon 80s stars with questionable on field behaviour.

I enjoyed Pickers. I'm not an apologist for him but I reckon he cops a worser rap than he deserves.

What I found interesting was when he told the Giants to plan for life without Buddy. I'd have thought at that point GWS would have gone to the AFL to advise them that Buddy wouldn't be going there in an effort to at least scupper the other deal, even if it was to remain to Hawthorn.

Pickering meeting Swans officials in the guise of discussing Horse's contract would have been the perfect cover to negotiate Buddy.

And you know you can never trust player managers when they insist they will never discuss their player's personal stuff, then let's it out that Kosi won $30K from his rape libel suit. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back