Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg
Has anyone ever changed so much moving from one club to another before?

Loved Dangerfield at Adelaide, was a damn good footballer that didn’t seem to bitch and moan much, if at all.

Moved to Geelol and suddenly becomes this annoying, whinging, bitch with a look at me look at me personality. WTF have Geelol and Scott done to him?

Bloke was a figjam here as well, just didn't get the same exposure

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Bloke was a figjam here as well, just didn't get the same exposure
Correct, same flog, just no Vic exposure. Another example below

When I was living in Adelaide, a customer of mine sponsored the crows. most years they were getting young draftee's as their allocated player so they decided to upgrade their sponsorship package to get a more senior player allocated. (aspart of their sponsorship, they get access to the allocated player for a corporte dinner or function).

So they jagged Patty D and couldn't be happier, until he kept stuffing them around, cancelling plans, then not returning the sponsors calls and texts (all they had planned was a closed dinner for the staff and a couple of suppliers). Said he was an absolute flog and they had to ring the club to complain about him.

Jack Silvagni's Wikipedia page is hilarious. Written by some hopeful Carlton supporter, clearly. The final sentence is:

"Some pundits believed he wasn't living up to expectations though, but a lot of people including the coach have faith in him."

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Did Floppsy get fined for diving, don't bother answering i already know as no player has been fined since Rance not even Dangerflop himself

View attachment 655662
553134_78d8085a72d42c6fda184e207bd7f358.gif

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
And Kmac got 1k for something to Wines. Didn't see it. Probably called him fat
Rewatched the game this morning, he grabbed Wines arm and pulled it up while Nank had him pinned to the ground. Couple of port players took offence, which would have cued Chrisso as he mentioned last week they look for 'team mates reactions' when assessing incidents.

Daveeee_12

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers, Man Utd
Rules were always going to backfire, for one they should just abolish 6-6-6 and let teams set up loose in defence or come off the back of the square, game would improve instantly...............but noooooooooooooo Dangerwhinge won't like that because he is scared of players coming in off the square and wont be able to run away like Judd.
I still think getting rid of the runners was the biggest mistake. Should've just put a time restricion on how long they could be on the ground.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Has anyone ever changed so much moving from one club to another before?

Loved Dangerfield at Adelaide, was a damn good footballer that didn’t seem to bitch and moan much, if at all.

Moved to Geelol and suddenly becomes this annoying, whinging, bitch with a look at me look at me personality. WTF have Geelol and Scott done to him?
WHat is it with the Scott Bros.

Lindsay THomas (I'm pretty sure, was years ago)dived and Brad Scott called him out at his presser and then a few weeks later he blatantly comes out and says no-one else is towing my line so I'm going to 'coach' all my North players to play for free kicks.

Chris has always flown the flag for his, which I admire until he's protecting them for playing not in the spirit of the game, but will gladly call out other teams who 'don't play within the spirit of the game'

Rewatched the game this morning, he grabbed Wines arm and pulled it up while Nank had him pinned to the ground. Couple of port players took offence, which would have cued Chrisso as he mentioned last week they look for 'team mates reactions' when assessing incidents.

K Mac was only trying to be a good bloke and help him up

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I still think getting rid of the runners was the biggest mistake. Should've just put a time restricion on how long they could be on the ground.
Nah just let them roam free, but exploit it and here is how.

Player gets mark and looks up sees nothing but packs, spots oppo runner and slyly instructs teammate to run into said runner while he kicks the ball in that direction, umpire will have no choice but to award a free kick against that teams runner.

Do it enough times and these runners will be getting on and off the ground quick smart.

Daniel Jackson did just this in 2012 i think against the saints, kicked the ball straight at the saints runner on the wing and we scored a free kick 40m up the ground.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Roosy made a good point about these s**t rules on on the couch. generally teams don't score heavily from centre bounces anyway, with the new rules and no extras behind the ball, once a team intercepts, they have to go slow because there's no quick outlets out. Rules have backfired big time.

Roos was one of the idiots championing the new rules along with all the other muppets, when you make rule changes there are always unintended consequences and the Geelong and C7 mafia don’t understand this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Roos was one of the idiots championing the new rules along with all the other muppets, when you make rule changes there are always unintended consequences and the Geelong and C7 mafia don’t understand this.
Would have loved to see them bring in the Boundary umpire comes in 10m for throw ins, I reckon this might have been more beneficial than any of the others they introduces

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Would have loved to see them bring in the Boundary umpire comes in 10m for throw ins, I reckon this might have been more beneficial than any of the others they introduces
But here is the thing with that 10m throw in rule, it's intended purpose was to get the play into the middle of the ground but in doing this guess where all the players are, they shorten the ground and thus clog it up more, if they went back to throwing in from the boundary line it would open it up behind that pack.

When you clear it from a throw in the mens comp via a quick handball you are out with acres of space to work with, bring the thrown in to 10m and that space is no longer there.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Amazing how much mayo is put on Richmond players by the media.

P.S.Soon as I posted that,SEN brought up Rance....again.
Barrett justified having no sanction against Dangerfield because Cotchin wasn't charged for his bump on Shiels.
He had no problems with crucifying Dusty the week before.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks worse when you can actually see it.

Meanwhile, On The Couch claiming SOS putting big pressure on Bolton to play Liam Stocker even though Bolton says he's not ready.

Obviously shitting himself trading that pick now. Just dumb though, why put that pressure on an 18 year old? Not his fault you decided to trade a future pick for him.

View attachment 655465
Looks bloody good to me :D

tigernsw

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
So Judd thinks only 4 teams can win it.... WC, Pies, GWS & Geelong... that's right Geelong FMD!

I had a chuckle and to put it in perspective he still thinks Carlton are on the right track and Bolton can coach.

And hows Barrett bringing up Goodard's history when talking about Flopsy Brown.
What does that have to do with anything? If in doubt defer.
Barrett the muppett hasn't got a bad word to say about his beloved rabble. I despise that bloke and his shithouse club. lol norf

tigernsw

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Barrett justified having no sanction against Dangerfield because Cotchin wasn't charged for his bump on Shiels.
He had no problems with crucifying Dusty the week before.

And how arrogant of Judd to say the best players should be treated differently at the tribunal. Straight from the eye gougers mouth.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Heh heh heh. Nooooorf-uh. Luke McDonald hasn't shaved properly in years but finds the energy when he has to front the appeals tribunal. Geez they're on the ball those blokes at #lolnooorf-uh.

Hans McGregor

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Chris has always flown the flag for his, which I admire until he's protecting them for playing not in the spirit of the game, but will gladly call out other teams who 'don't play within the spirit of the game'
I'm very happy that you've said this, because it is extremely relevant.

2016: Brad Scott defends Lindsay Thomas for staging for free kicks. About a week later he complains about the umpires not awarding free kicks to Thomas (who he was staging for them) and claims he's "paying for his sins of the past"

Round 1, 2019: Brad Scott expresses his outrage that Ben Cunnington (who is a repeat offender) is fined for giving Nathan Wilson a tummy tickler. He even has the nerve to claim that diving players are turning the game into a "stage show", in spite of his previous comments from 2016.

Round 4, 2019 (NOW): Brad Scott defends Ben Brown, after arguably the worst diving/staging incident I have ever seen in a game of football.

Confirmed: Brad Scott has a conveniently short memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back